I have been based out of Nadi intermittently for the last 2 months and after an initial stay at a slightly cheaper hostel, I have returned to the Tropic of Capricorn 4 times. The staff here are friendly and efficient, the new dorm rooms are great value with new bathrooms, hot water and comfortable bed. I opted for the dorm with fans when the weather has a little cooler, but the air con room was needed when the nights were too hot. There is plenty of space in both rooms. The swimming pool is a great addition, I think that Tropic is probably the cheapest place with a swimming pool in the backpacker area.
The breakfast of 3+ slices of toast with homemade guava jam is not to be missed. Good coffee to boot.
I would definitely recommend Tropic to anyone on a budget for the dorms and even those that money isn't such a big deal, should check out the private rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catering for budget minded travellers, Tropic of Capricorn offers beachfront bliss, seamless island connections, easy airport transfer, free WiFi and spectacular sunsets. The location provides 180 degree ocean views spanning Denarau Marina, Mamanuca Islands, Yasawa Islands and the Sleeping Giant Mountain. We have a great selection of rooms, featuring Budget Doubles and Oceanfront Privates. All accommodation includes hot showers, comfy beds and air conditioning. All guests are welcome to enjoy the large breezy lounge, cocktail bar, swimming pool, beach deck and beachside sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tropic of Capricorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropic Of Capricorn Hotel Nadi
- Tropic Of Capricorn Fiji/Nadi