“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Sydney
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I had the pleasure of stay at Nadi Bay in March what a great place .I travell to fiji on business and after a long day of dealing with fiji it is really nice to relax at the bar at Nadi Bay .
Because it is used by a large number of people who are leaving the island and catching flights out ,you always find sombody new to talk to and they all have some great stories .
Food is great and good value ,the kitchen is clean and the level of service is really some of the best I have seen in Fiji

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CoffeeguyFiji

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
England
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Stayed here before and after our Fiji Island Hop just as a base on the mainland. We prebooked a "premier ensuite" room. On arrival we were taken to a tiny room, overlooking a wall with shared facilities. After 36 hours of travelling...not what you want to happen. After pointing out that we had prebooked something different we were taken to a slightly better room although it wasnt very clean! It was chucking it down with rain so we couldnt do much during our stay, pool was good but obviously couldnt use it, location wasnt great, bit of a walk to everything although taxi was so cheap s wasnt really an issue,food in the hotel was pretty good to be fair and the staff were always very helpful. Be sure to wear lots of insect repellant though as i left here with about a million mozzy bites and they were huge! After 2 and a half weeks of island hopping we returned to nadi bay fro another 2 nights before fying to New Zealand. It was sunny aswell so we got to use the pool which was a bonus. That night we discovered bed bugs all over us though which put a right downer on our trip! we complained to the staff but they didnt even attempt to sort the problem or even move us to a different room. we couldnt enjoy our last days in Fiji as we were worrying about the bugs and the bites were hideous. it was like a rash and covered my whole body, lasted about three weeks and totally ruined my Birthday which was a couple of nights after staying here. Im not one to moan about things like this, i have stayed in worse hostels il be honest but the bed bugs were disguting and ive still got scars from them now! i really wouldnt recommend staying here just for that reason, i have never seen anything like these bites and they really did ruin nearly a month of my trip as i was so ashamed of my body!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K4444

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

England
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Only stayed here one night, luckily. We had booked a private twin room with air con and ensuite, but were told we would have to pay extra for air con room on arrival as the price had gone up since I'd booked it?! So I settled for a fan room so as not to pay more than I was expecting, which was ok, but not overly clean.
They have a restaurant and internet, which is good, but food isn't that great.
On my travels in Fiji I'd heard of people who stayed here and found bed bugs.
Seriously, there are way better places with same location!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Wales
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights with my boyfriend and it was lovely. It's run by westerners and all the Fijian staff are very friendly. Our room was really good with air con and we only shared the bathroom with 2 other rooms. There are 2 pools wit plenty of sunbathing space. There are 2 restaurants, but only 1 was open when we were there. It was excellent food, not cheap, but very tasty and lots of choice. The cocktails are really good too. In the evenings they play recent movies for free which is a really nice touch and they have live music in the bar. The only bad thing was that the restaurant staff were really slow to serve you at lunch and breakfast. The internet room is very good- lots of computers and the shop also has a free library. Very good choice!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Graz, Austria
Reviewed March 27, 2009

we stayed here 2 times for one night before going to the yasawas. the rooms are good value, the location is not the best - not near the beach nor near the town center. What we really liked was the restaurant, which offered excellent food.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed March 18, 2009

This hotel is fine, it's quite inexpensive (we paid FJD 80 for an air-conditioned room with a shared living room and bathroom and continental breakfast), and the food was pretty good for a hotel/backpacker place. This place is pitched to the backpacker types, so the amenities can be a little rough around the edges (the photos from their website are very flattering and can lead one to overestimate the quality of the hotel. I found the amenities to be exactly what you'd expect in the US if you paid only 50 USD).

What stuck out the most was the complete indifference of the staff. We actually live in Fiji (in Suva), and found the staff at Nadi Bay to be noticeably unfriendly in comparison to most people who live here. They weren't outright rude, but they hardly smiled, and were curt and short when responding to totally reasonable requests for help. I tried learning about the day trips to nearby islands but the woman in charge of trip bookings was dismissive and told me they were 'all the same.'

I don't need to be treated like a princess, especially not at a budget hotel, but I couldn't help but feel explicitly unwelcome in their space. The final straw was when our waitress scolded me for taking a banana from a bowl at the continental breakfast, telling me to put it back because it was 'for display only.'

I would consider going back here (for the price and convenience of their restaurants) but maintain no expectations of friendly service. I'd probably try other places first.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cheverelailai
Dublin
Reviewed December 16, 2008

We stayed here on the first and last night of our stay in Fiji. It's a cheap, basic hotel with very friendly staff and a good place to stay a couple of nights before you head off island hopping. I wouldn't recommend staying here any longer than a couple of days as it is not actually in Nadi town and there isn't much to do there. We left our main luggage there in a secure room for 10 days while we travelled around the Yasawa island and returned to find everything intact and accounted for. Would stay here again

• Liked — Nice small pool.
  • Disliked — AC didn't work very well - food was over priced
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)