“Do Not Stay Here!!!!!!”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Manchester, England
“Do Not Stay Here!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2008

BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT ANY AUTHORISATION!!!! Me and friend arrived and paid in cash then about a month later they charged my credit card from the number I gave on the booking form. I then emailed them informing them of this to which they tried to blame me and made no effort to resolve it - I am only glad that it was just one night.

However, even without charging me double and completely ignoring my efforts to resolve it. The hostel is the worst place I stayed on my travels. The bed looked like someone had slept in already when I arrived. The staff on the main desk weren't very helpful. The dorms only have one key to share between all the people in that room so the door is likely to never be locked and your stuff is at risk at getting stolen - which wouldn't surprise me at all after my credit card fiasco. The only good thing I can say is the food at the cafe was fine. I would recommend staying at the Nomad Skylodge it is cheaper, the staff were really helpful, the dorms have ensuite facilities and lockers, and, shocker you even get your own key for the door!!

I hope this will stop anyone else making the mistake I did.

• Liked — food was ok
  • Disliked — service and charging me double
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank CB09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Disappointing - perhaps fine for backpackers, but for people who like a step up from dorms, this may not meet expectations. Poor service, attention to detail and not very friendly staff; room door did not close properly and was difficult to lock. Being right above the bar & band playing (until 11pm) made it difficult to sleep before then.. Water pressure minimal in the shower and difficult to regulate temp. I will certainly look for another hotel if ever in Nadi again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Southampton
Reviewed April 1, 2008

Very cheap, nice'n'easy hostel, very helpful staff too!!
Upon arrival I used the free hostel phones in the airport to arrange my pickup. Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who told me where to meet and what time etc. then asked if I could pick up some fijian rum duty free!! I was a little apprehensive about this but nonetheless bought some (and was reimbursed fully plus an extra $5 back at the hostel!!)
Gave me directions on the nearest Macdonalds as I was starving (a 10 minute walk from the hostel, though dont really recommend doing this alone), and got a taxi back for about 50p.
In the afternoon I arranged my next three days to an island (as I had been advised to get off the main island), though was a little uncomfortable with the lady in the booking boothe, felt as if she had better things to be doing!! Nonetheless, still helped me get where I wanted to go for a good price and had a great time!!!
Overall, would recommend for an overnight or two night stop over before moving on somewhere else, but wouldn't recommend staying here for too long as there wasn't much to do in the area.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing to do within walking distance
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2008

This is a superb place to stay in Figi if you're travelling. The rooms aren't fantastic, they are very basic but they were alot better than some hotels we've stayed in, and very clean too!! We had a double room with a shared bathroom and found it to be no trouble at all. The air con worked wonders during the night!! This hotel is quite a size and the staff are brilliant and so friendly. There are two swimming pools two resturants with Figians singing of an evening which is wonderful to hear. Theres also a little shop, an internet room and beauty parlour. The main town is not far (5 min drive) but its not good to walk to as there is no path and we found the traffic to be quite mad at times. The taxi's are cheap so its the best way to get around. We stayed here once we got to Figi for a night then we were booked on the Figi experience for a week the next morning. We then island hopped for another week and ended up coming back to this hotel for a few more nights until our flight out of Figi. I totally recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Figi if you traveller and on a budget but i wouldn't if its a honeymoon holiday you're looking for.

• Liked — the staff
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Kapiti Coast, New Zealand
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Nadi Bay is basically a backpackers hotel..so if you view it as that you won't be disappointed. It has a lovely atmosphere and has a pool and 2 restaurants. Both restaurants have a wide range and are very reasonably priced. If your accommodation includes a free breakfast it will consist of toast and tea, coffee and juice. It is a series of buildings quite tightly packed so can take a bit to get your bearings. It can be very noisy depending on the location of your room. Our first night was an upgrade to an apartment..but wish she hadn't. It was right on the road and we are not used to traffic all night. Then at 3.30am they started playing the guitar..but quickly stopped when we called. On the return night we stayed in the "Bird of Paradise" room, which is a room with en suite. This was much quieter. We would have liked lined curtains as there was a stair light on all night. The basin was not flush with the wall and it took 2 phone calls to get our towels and then we didn't get a bathmat or hand towel. The sheet also had a rip in it. We thought the bed was going to be terrible but turned out really comfortable. At least this time we had hot water. The apartment had no hot water in the evening of the next morning.
It is 10 minutes from the airport and they will collect you. On your return you pay your own way to the airport..$6 Fijian.

I would probably stay there again..it is really hard to find reasonable accommodation on the Mainland where the place isn't falling apart. The reasonable meals make it a winner and it felt safe and friendly.

It is one of the main places linked to the Yasawa Flyer. 2 Bus loads went from Nadi Bay the morning we left.

Stayed July 2007