“Good Nadi hostel- meets all your needs”

Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at Smugglers Cove the night before and the night after a trip out to the islands, as it was a kind of stop-gap for me I didn't really have any kind of expectations. However the hostel was extremely clean and tidy and so my stay was stress-free. The hostel picked me up upon my arrival at the airport and all of the staff I encountered during my stay were very helpful and polite. Another bonus for me was that you can purchase postcards and stamps at the little shop within the hostel and they have a postbox right there for you to post! Would def recommend Smugglers Cove as a good value place to stay

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ema202

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The last time i was here the main toilet downstairs was absolutely completely flooded. It was just all wrong. Unhygenic is one word that wouldnt completely describe it. But its ideal for backpackers and young adults.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shannon083
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed multiple times during my short stay in Fiji - before, in-between and after my FeeJee Experience pass and trip into the Yasawa Islands.

Service was good and friendly. The staff in the bar and restaurant area always introduced themselves and made sure to learn your name.

There was a small pool - I'd call it a deep splash pool I guess. The property is on the beach, but I stayed up on the deck and amongst the sunlounges on (imported?) white sand adjacent to the deck. I wasn't keen on going down onto the beach because there were a few locals walking with horses offering beach rides but I didn't want to be bothered.

On my first stay I was in an 8-bed all-girls dorm. You were assigned a bed number and couldn't move unless you wanted to be charged an extra night. The beds were nice and comfy - think inner-spring mattresses. No bunk beds. There were lockers in the rooms and two ensuite bathrooms for 8 girls which I thought was ok. The massive door made a loud noise when it finally shut but apart from that, no issues with noise. Room was airconditioned with ceiling fans - once again no issues.

Second stay was between tours. I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm and ended up sharing with the same people I had just done the Feejee Experience with. Solid wood bunk beds. Bit high. Once again, lockers in the room. High ceilings which makes it seem less cramped. Ensuite bathroom again. Over all I liked it.

Third stay I had booked a 4-bed again but when I arrived I was craving some time-out alone so I asked to upgrade and all they had was a family suite. I had a big day flying the next day so I just went with it. The suite was a basic self-contained unit with bedding for 8 people! LOL It felt weird but good at the same time to have all that space after almost 3 weeks staying in dorms.

Overall Smuggler's Cove is a nice relatively well-priced, comfortable place to stay just outside of Nadi. Nadi town was only a short public bus ride away. I didn't get involved in the nghtlife as I was too tired between tours. I did not see a communal kitchen. I did get a peek into the 30+bed dorm. Looked like the same wooden bunk beds as the 4-bed dorm. Smelled a bit funny but then there are a lot of people staying in one long room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hannah W
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Smugglers is the posh hotel in the line of 3/4 hostels and hotels in a row in Nadi right on the beach. It's the "nice one" you go to for a great meal and nice drinks and beautiful beach lounge area with gift shops. I stayed in the dorm. It is notoriously smelly in the dorm. I went there once, then came back a few days later and it still smelled. It's bunk beds in little 4 person spaces and not much room for your stuff. The bathrooms are the best however, with hot water and good water pressure, so that sold it for me. I'm staying in the women's sanctuary next time and excited to see what that is like. I'm still giving it 3 stars cause this place is just really great and good to hang out at, and the food is really nice too, with an extensive menu and not too bad prices. But, also, nottt free wifi (unlike down the street, Bamboo has completely 100% free wifi, although it can be slow). The free breakfast is a treat and so much better than any free breakfast I've had in Fiji!!! My top bunk bed one night ( I want to say bed 22?? Not sure) was right. Directly. Under. The AC. Cmon, that's just not fair. I barely slept and woke up at 5 to catch a bus. Please change that for upcoming people Smugglers cause it was no fun! There are also barely any electrical outlets in the room. I used the one in the bathroom and in the lobby. In the end, it's a nice base to have and if you're going to spend the money, go to the smaller dorms or private room and if you want a budget place, Bamboo is best for your money.

Room Tip: The dorm is nice. The beds are cramped, the bathrooms rock, but DO NOT. I repeat. Get a bed under th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This place wasn't what we expected.
We had several power outages where we were trying to find staff to give us a torch. Or something! Finally we were given kerosine lamps. Rooms were ok. Cleanliness was ok.
The pool was way too small and right next to the bar and eatery, so there was no privacy and hardly any room to swim. Not much area for sun along either.
Food was way overpriced and not that great. Upon checking out, the staff tried to re charge us for the total bill , which we had paid in full upon arriving.
Best thing about staying here was going to the Indian restaurant up the road.
Overall, good enough for backpackers but not much else.

Room Tip: There are two parts to this hotel. The right side has the newer rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at smugglers cove for a month and used it as a base to go to other islands as well great friendly staff prices are ok rooms and meals where fine had a great time and will stay again when we go back to Fiji

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank curdie v
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Have stayed at Smugglers many times and enjoyed it each time. It just gets better and better and the staff are just fantastic. Entertainment is great. Don't expect a 5 star hotel because it's not, but dollar for dollar it's great. I'm sure I have more fun there than anyone staying anywhere in Denarau. Thank you Smugglers for great holidays. I'll be back again soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dianaswarbrick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Aquarius On The Beach
Nadi Bay Resort Hotel
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!