Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
$41
$106
$69
  • Pool
Aquarius On The Beach(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Breakfast included
$34
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$31
$27
Bluewater Lodge(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$32
$19
Agoda.com
All reviewssmugglers covefire dancersevening entertainmentisland hoppingfree breakfasttravel deskkava nightfiji timeocean viewtour deskother islandscouple of nightswailoaloa beachdouble roombar and restaurantnadi townshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great place to stay, amazing and friendly staff and we met a great selection of good people.
The food is reasonably priced and the location is optimal as it's 10 mins from the airport, 15 mins from Nadi town and close to places of interest like the Sleeping Giant and the Mud Baths.
The hotel is clean and the whole experience was really made by the staff and the fun, youthful atmosphere complete with on-site cultural activities. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Smugglers C, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Bula Tapiwa! Thank you for your feedback and kind review following your stay at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort. We are very glad you enjoyed your holiday and the Tours that were on offer as well as making new friends with the staff and guests alike. This warm inviting environment is created by our hard working staffs and quite a challenge task considering the cross culture and different generation preferences. We have a lot of confidence that you were in good hands with our Tour Desk staffs who follows through with your special itinerary. We thank you again for your kind comments and we hope to get another opportunity to see you again in the near future . Vinaka

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hi, my friends and I are just back from smugglers cove yesterday. We stayed here on our first and last night in Fiji. The rooms are ok, we had a private rooms both nights as we were out early every morning. The food however is vile! We ordered the grilled fish and I never had one bite, it looked off and microwaved! I'm not one for complaining as the Fijian people are so nice so I ate my fries and salad and left the fish, the woman did ask if the fish was nice and I did say no and they apologised, they never asked us if we would like something else or money off $32pp. I would still recommend this hotel for 1/2 nights not for the whole holiday as Nadi is run down and not really a nice place get off the main island, thats were you'll see the real beauty of Fiji.

Room Tip: If you need a sleep go with the private rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to put your review following your stay at Smugglers Cove and we appreciate that you would recommend our hotel still. We do regret and apologise for the way your concern about the food you ordered were being handled, surely we offer an alternative menu if guests were disappointed with the quality of the food, however in this instant we’re also surprised that you didn’t actually taste the fish in order to confirm your suspicious based on the presentation of the food. We really wished you had tasted the food because we had other guests that ordered the same dish but did not complain instead recommending it to their friends throughout the night.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention though and we hope that we will be able to accommodate you in the near future to evaluate this. Vinaka.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Not great by any stretch of the imagination.

The one problem, and this is the same with all travellers...is it is over priced and they try to screw you over at every turn.

Be sure of your travel arrangements. We had to pay an extra nights accommodation in either a private room or a cat piss smelling dorm. We chose private room and this was 120 FJD. we later found out we already had a booking for a 4 bed dorm that night.

That staff at the restaurant are very rude. Only interested in money. Especially the small skinny one. No hello just 'you want drink' or 'you order?' Waited 25 minutes for a can of sprite. Even by Fiji time this was a little excessive. Needless to say I didn't leave a single tip.

The guy that takes your bags to your room lingers like a bad smell until you give him a tip. There is no way of getting out of tipping him so make sure you have change. Tip as little as possible so make sure you have change for 10FJD!

Beach is disgusting! Don't go expecting anything other than salty pond water and litter filled beach. I felt in danger when walking on it. Broken glass and infections everywhere.

Evening entertainment was half decent. That spiced up the crowd for a good hour or two.

Food tested alright but some of
It is hugely over priced and sometimes the conversion rate from Fiji $ to AUS$ was suspicous.

All in all I would say don't bother spending a night here. I would even go one further and say don't even bother staying on the mainlaind unless you can help it....

The Yasawas and Mamanucas are Sooooooooo much better and beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank JeffCobb
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here as a stop over before heading to the Yasawas and was already put on a back foot when my transfer wasn't awaiting for me which had been confirmed via email so I had to pay for a taxi costing me FJD $20. Admittedly my flight was delayed by 1 hour but I'd have thought somebody would be checking for the arrivals.

Upon arriving I checked in and was assisted to my room with my bags (I would have happily done this myself but the porter was insistent). Once we got to my room he stood around waiting until I was pretty much forced to give a tip - this is not expected in Fiji for basic service and was experienced by many other travelers I met after.

The room for what I paid and from what the pictures described was well below what I was expecting.

The beach was filthy and covered in litter right in front of the hotel - I appreciate this cannot always be helped but a little effort would go a long way.

The food and drinks were more than average for Fiji in terms of price.

I was due to stay again on my last night but wrote it off and stayed else where.

Admittedly the location is very good for a stop over but you wouldn't want to do more than a night.

The only good thing I have to say is that it provided a good sunset - but of course that is something which comes naturally!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ian C
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We checked in on the 31 Dec 2013. Had loads of fun. The Ghost Ship Bar and Grill has delicious food available. Pool is kinda small but 1.8 deep is not bad. Beach is not that beautiful but the veiw is amazing. Staff are very friendly. Bartender Asena makes good Rum and Coke mix ;) Good place to make new friends. Has a range of activities available. Breakfast is boring but not bad.

Some of things that I didn't like was the 32 bed dorm. It had a really foul smell as there was no proper ventilation. When we returned from the pool to have our shower the room tile got messy as they were no towels on the floor to dry our feet. It was kinda disgusting moving around in the room with the foul smell and the wet floor. Beer was not that chilled too :( The management should look into the these matters. Other than this we had great fun staying here. THE FOOD was too good. Loved the asian chicken chaser with Fiji gold.

Thank you SCBResort.
Wish you guys a successful new year.
Cheers.