“Don't stay in the big dorm!!!”

Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had to spend to nights in Smugglers Cove because it was part of the package I had booked. When I arrived i was positively suprised by the appearance of the "hotel". But when I entered the dorm for over 30 people I couln't believe it! It was a complete different world compared to the rest of the hotel. The atmosphere reminded me of a prison, there was extremely bad air and everywhere were bugs and other insects crawling around. I didn't want to stay there another night but I didn't want to pay more so I decided to stay there the second night at the end of my holidays.
At that time, the dorm wasn't that fully booked but the air was still disgusting. my friend had a dead bug under his pillow and again, there were a lot of insects. the next morning, i woke up with bites of bed bugs. i didn't have experience with it, so i first thought that it is an itchy sun allergy. back home i recognised that it must be bed bugs.
it's extremely difficult to get rid of them (I haven't found any pest control yet that is willing to destroy them), so think twice about booking smugglers cove!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Katharina1990

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just got back from a week at Smugglers, a group of 5 women in our 50's, we had an awesome time! I had read all the reviews and was a little concerned about it being all backpackers but it really is more up market than that, a flash packers! I only booked 5 days before we left and i got a front balcony room (401) with great views on last minute at less than half price! The staff were great, and happy, although every thing happens on "Fiji Time". It is a great place to go to the islands from and we had a very enjoyable day on the Seaspray. Thank you all the staff at Smugglers for making it so enjoyable and special mention to Tale and the gorgeous Laisa!

Room Tip: I was in 401 above the cafe, don't be put off, the music and bar all shut down by 11 and once I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 340Julies
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We spent one night before move to Yasawa's Islands, and one when we came back.
The bedrooms are quite good, only thing the bathroom was pretty old and a bit worn, but clean. The restourant is nice, and there is a wide choice of good food. We really enjoyed the entertainement, so spectacular with the fire.
Position is really good, close to the airport and also to Denaru Marina, both easy to reach with a taxi or a shuttle.
The only thing that created a bit of disappointment for us, was the music too loud coming from the bar. A birthday party was on and we didn't sleep until midnight, when we had the taxi at 5 in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MarcoDall
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family stayed at Smugglers Cove for 5 nights and we loved every minute of it!!! The location feels like you miles away but it is not far from the town and shops, only a short taxi ride away. There were taxi's lined up outside the hotel so it was very easy to get around.

The staff at Smugglers were AWSOME!!! Always lending advise about things to do and were to go to buy things etc. They all worked so hard to make our stay as relaxing as possible. The food was great and the prices were very pleasing. I have 6 kids who are fussy eaters but I was surprised that they LOVED the food at Smugglers.

The activities they had at the resort were really good and all my kids attended every activity such as horse riding, fijian weaving, fire dance tutorials and much more.

I would highly recommend Smugglers Cove to anyone and this was my first time at this Resort but I intend to return soon I hope as it is such a beautiful place to stay. It's right on the beach, not far from the town and overall it's just relaxing, fun and beautiful place to stay.

Thank You Smugglers Cove you made our stay one we will never forget!!!!

We will see you soon Smugglers....

Selina & Ropate Tokabobo

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Selina T
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Good clean rooms and extensive menu made for a good stay. The convenience of being close to airport yet also on the beach ... my memories of having a cocktail and watching the sunset are great . A real good place to start island hopping from

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Rodney T
Reviewed September 3, 2013

good facilities, good location, friendly staff, good activities. I was travelling by myself so I stayed in a 34 bed shared room!!! I felt scared when I heard about this room, but it´s not too bad. If it´s just for few days

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank harturopas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were a group of 17 people and wrote to the place giving our credit card as a guarantee in order to get twin rooms. They did not accept it as they wanted the full prepayment (for various reasons we could not prepay) so when we arrived (after 48 hours trip) they had given away part of our rooms. They were pretty rude and did not help with any feasible solution. I asked to talk to a manager but nobody cared to show up. They could not care less. So we had to go and look for another place where to stay. After 48 hours trip i swear it was really horrible!

We found this horrible treatment and rudeness more important than any other good thing about this place, which otherwise might be nice. So i totally discourage big groups to stay in this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ilabo_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
2 mi away
#4 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!