“FlashPackers”

Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just got back from a week at Smugglers, a group of 5 women in our 50's, we had an awesome time! I had read all the reviews and was a little concerned about it being all backpackers but it really is more up market than that, a flash packers! I only booked 5 days before we left and i got a front balcony room (401) with great views on last minute at less than half price! The staff were great, and happy, although every thing happens on "Fiji Time". It is a great place to go to the islands from and we had a very enjoyable day on the Seaspray. Thank you all the staff at Smugglers for making it so enjoyable and special mention to Tale and the gorgeous Laisa!

Room Tip: I was in 401 above the cafe, don't be put off, the music and bar all shut down by 11 and once I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 340Julies

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We spent one night before move to Yasawa's Islands, and one when we came back.
The bedrooms are quite good, only thing the bathroom was pretty old and a bit worn, but clean. The restourant is nice, and there is a wide choice of good food. We really enjoyed the entertainement, so spectacular with the fire.
Position is really good, close to the airport and also to Denaru Marina, both easy to reach with a taxi or a shuttle.
The only thing that created a bit of disappointment for us, was the music too loud coming from the bar. A birthday party was on and we didn't sleep until midnight, when we had the taxi at 5 in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MarcoDall
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family stayed at Smugglers Cove for 5 nights and we loved every minute of it!!! The location feels like you miles away but it is not far from the town and shops, only a short taxi ride away. There were taxi's lined up outside the hotel so it was very easy to get around.

The staff at Smugglers were AWSOME!!! Always lending advise about things to do and were to go to buy things etc. They all worked so hard to make our stay as relaxing as possible. The food was great and the prices were very pleasing. I have 6 kids who are fussy eaters but I was surprised that they LOVED the food at Smugglers.

The activities they had at the resort were really good and all my kids attended every activity such as horse riding, fijian weaving, fire dance tutorials and much more.

I would highly recommend Smugglers Cove to anyone and this was my first time at this Resort but I intend to return soon I hope as it is such a beautiful place to stay. It's right on the beach, not far from the town and overall it's just relaxing, fun and beautiful place to stay.

Thank You Smugglers Cove you made our stay one we will never forget!!!!

We will see you soon Smugglers....

Selina & Ropate Tokabobo

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Selina T
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Good clean rooms and extensive menu made for a good stay. The convenience of being close to airport yet also on the beach ... my memories of having a cocktail and watching the sunset are great . A real good place to start island hopping from

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Rodney T
Reviewed September 3, 2013

good facilities, good location, friendly staff, good activities. I was travelling by myself so I stayed in a 34 bed shared room!!! I felt scared when I heard about this room, but it´s not too bad. If it´s just for few days

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank harturopas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were a group of 17 people and wrote to the place giving our credit card as a guarantee in order to get twin rooms. They did not accept it as they wanted the full prepayment (for various reasons we could not prepay) so when we arrived (after 48 hours trip) they had given away part of our rooms. They were pretty rude and did not help with any feasible solution. I asked to talk to a manager but nobody cared to show up. They could not care less. So we had to go and look for another place where to stay. After 48 hours trip i swear it was really horrible!

We found this horrible treatment and rudeness more important than any other good thing about this place, which otherwise might be nice. So i totally discourage big groups to stay in this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ilabo_12
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my second time Staying at Smugglers Cove and I would highly recommend it to anyone as a base before or after going to the Islands. There is travel desk to arrange tours and accommodation. There are free activities for guests to participate in throughout the day including: Jewelry making, Fish Feeding , Tying a sarong etc and then nightly entertainment such as Fire Dancing and Kava Cermonies. The Food at the Ghost Ship Bar was very good. The only thing in my opinion which lets down this resort was the Cafe. Our Tea was served cold on two occasions for breakfast. For Lunch I tried to order a Chicken Wrap at 12.50 and was told I would have to wait 10 minutes to place my order as the guy was going on break and another lady would be taking over. After waiting and placing my order- I was told they were out of Chicken and also out of Panini`s. With that I tried to order Lamb and they were out of that too!
Overall an enjoyable stay at Smugglers and the beach has wonderful sunsets!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura87130
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Aquarius On The Beach
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
The Pearl Resort
The Pearl Resort
#4 of 5 in Pacific Harbour

Been to Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!