Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
$65
$62
  • Pool
Oasis Palms Hotel(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$62
$41
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$31
$30
Bluewater Lodge(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$31
Bamboo Hostel(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$25
Travellers Beach Resort(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$33
$85
$103
$80
  • Pool
All reviewssmugglers covefire dancersevening entertainmentisland hoppingfree breakfasttravel deskkava nightfiji timeocean viewtour deskother islandscouple of nightswailoaloa beachdouble roombar and restaurantnadi townshort stay
Reviewed February 8, 2013

we probably did not appreciate smugglers till we visited other resorts.
we did not expect anything really for $65Aus a room. but what amazing value, large clean room in new building with en suite and air con. transfers to and from airport in modern vehicle.
free breakfast with toast, cereal and local fruits. very good fijian dancing show. All Incuded !!.
the ghost ship restaraunt has huge choices with many meals at $10Aus at good pub meal quality.
i had fish'n'chips, 4 pieces of fish !! drinks are on par to other resorts, beers around $2.50 Aus, cocktails $10A bottled wine about $30. quite a nice little plunge pool, and a sports bar.
the beach was average but so are the 5***** resorts nearby. reception staff are definately on fiji time, but once you are checked in, the other staff outside are plentiful, fast, and just lovely people. they have their own taxi company outside who will take you anywhere in town for $5Aus.
all the young backpackers in their $10 night dorms seemed to be having a good time, and there was not 1 rowdy group our entire stay. i simply cannot understand the other negative reviews, but you cannot please everyone i guess, well done "smuggies" i will recommend you forever.

Room Tip: there are about 4 rooms with balconies facing the ocean, the other rooms are not set up to sit around in. i don't know if they are much dearer, but probably worth it.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tepazu
Rosie T, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you Tepazu for taking the time to put your review following your stay at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort. We are very thankful for your fair and kind review of our product. We are registered as a 4-Star Budget Beach Resort yet we offer modern comfortable rooms & amenities at very affordable rates and are able to accommodate even booking requests from the independent up-market travelers mainly due to our reputable blend of cultural/lively atmosphere and combined efforts created by our staffs. After having recently won the Tourism Excellence Award for Budget Accommodation we are constantly upgrading our facilities to be able to give you our guests an extra touch of comfort blended with our unique atmosphere to make this the perfect holiday getaway for ALL type of travelers. Yes, we cannot satisfy everyone but we do our best to give a more transparent understanding of our product and what to expect. We are also pleased to announce that plans are underway for our Smugglers Apartments the next step to 5-Star & luxury rooms.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days during a 21 day Fiji holiday. The staff are great. The rooms are passable, beds are huge. There were some issues with the electricity generator (I was here post Hurricane Evan). The location is great for just lazing around on the beach or on a hammock. The restaurant @ this resort was great as well. Good selection of dishes of various styles, as well as a decent selection of drinks. The best part by far would be the staff. They were extremely friendly and accommodating. I could go on forever on how they made my stay awesome. Just as an example of their rapport with guests, I went back to the Cove a week after checking out as I was due a refund due to the cruise i had booked not operating due to hurricane damage. The staff all still remembered my name and greeted me as if I had never left :) That meant a lot to me. Definitely staying here again whenever I am in Fiji. On the flipside, the pool is relatively small, and the room features are limited, but this is not a place you go to to watch TV now is it? And you have the largest sea water pool in the world just a few steps away ;)

Room Tip: Choose an oceanview room :) Not somewhere u would want to stay if you intend to spend your time watching TV in your room. Get outside and mingle with the other guests! Also theres no Gym/Spa and a small sized pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Zac_AUCK
Rosie T, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Many thanks Zack for your kind review following your stay. We are very thankful and grateful for the extra efforts put in by our staffs daily. Positive feedback from you our guests always motivate them to continue their service with the “Bula Spirit” and create the lively Smugglers environment. As you pointed out, we had some rundowns with the power supply after the recent cyclone but we are real glad you amongst others caught the Bula spirit with your understanding and enjoyed even the limited services offered then. Like you said, this is not a place to sit indoors when there is so much to do outdoors with the many activities offered on the beach and the travel centre. We offer modern air-con rooms for our guests to relax and cool off after a rundown on the beach with the complimentary activities available for our guests, i.e. kayaks, paddle board lesson with our surf guys or a scuba dive pool session with our divers or some entertainment, etc. We try our best to give the unique experience from the typical holiday which we are real glad you enjoyed. Thank you again and we hope to have another opportunity to accommodate you in the future. Vinaka Vakalevu.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hi people,Smuggler cove is best place to live in nadi. It's right on the beach. I was surprised to see my accomodation and location of the cove. Perfect. I love it. Staff people- Luke receptionist , my good man he makes me laugh all the time. But sad the day I left he's got day off. Dsnt matter I'll ring him later. ESROMA security boy- one of my favorite. He's my good friend even took me to nadi town to show me around. I talk to him everyday. RAKESH head chef- unbelievable. Look after u all the time. His cooking reminds me my home. Best ever. Even took me to his house for traditional drink KAWA. Last night in cove been drinking KAWA. Beautiful. DEEPIKA and another guy I forgot his name. Professional in drinks and cocktails. They know what I like so I never hv to order all the time. It's just come on my table. NICKI,MARRY,EMMA and other girls thank you so much for look after me all the time. Alright accomodation was perfect. Nice bar and restaurant. I mean u dnt hv to go anywhere for eat and drink. Right on the beach. So eat and drink even right on the beach. I m very happy to stay here so I am coming back next year same time same place and same location. Thank you very much guys. Bullaaaaaa.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank RajSingh87
floviti, Guest Relations Manager at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Bula to you Raj as well!!
Many thanks for taking the time to put your review and ratings of both our hotel & staffs following your stay at Smugglers Cove. We are indeed very thankful for the dedication, hard work & extra mile our staffs take continuously to create the joyful/welcoming atmosphere and make the difference here at Smugglers Cove. Welcome to the Smugglers family and we look forward to another opportunity to accommodate you next time you are in Nadi. Please drop us a line to alert us of your return as we offer incentive room discounts as a sign of our appreciation to our returnee guests for your great support. Vinaka Vakalevu. Rosie, Guest Relations.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed in Smugglers for my last night in Fiji. I got there at 6pm and left the next morning at 4.30am.

I was disappointed on my arrival after having to wait 20 minutes to check in followed by having to pay a deposit of $20 FJD as a key and towel deposit, showing my passport and giving them my credit card to copy which automatically showed their distrust in their guests. The lady at the front dest was rude and unwilling to help. She did not get back to me about having an early breakfast and couldn't give me an internet card, which was heavily overpriced, because their machine was broken. She told me I could walk to the next hotel and get one.

Once I was shown to my room I went to wash my hands and have a shower. The bathroom sink tap was broken which meant that I had to use the shower to wash my hands getting me and my clothes wet. I wasn't impressed with the bathroom either. It looked like the tiles had not be cleaned or disinfected.

The room was neat and tidy. The bed was okay and the aircon was a nice touch. The problem is that the noise from outside travels through the room so if you are trying to get to sleep it is quite challenging. The walls are like cardboard you can hear everything in the room next door and in the hallway.

I was impressed with the restaurant. It was a bit pricy but the food, drinks and service was great. I could imagine lunch being quite nice because the restaurant is on the beach.

When I left, I couldn't find a lift so I had to carry my 30kg bag down the stairs. This is a huge safety concern.

The hotel was okay for a stop over because it is quite close to the airport but if you want to sleep you are in the wrong place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Melissa M
floviti, Guest Relations Manager at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Bula Melissa,
Thank you for your review and bringing these issues to our attention. First of all we sincerely apologise for the delayed & bad service you experienced whilst at Smugglers Cove. Yes, we have some policies put in place which is a new principle now being encouraged & introduced to Hotels to tighten up on security and not because we do not trust you. Mainly a formality to avoid a great loss from past experiences of credit card frauds & immigration purposes and believe me this is increasingly getting common for even a small place like Fiji now. Also whilst we are still part of the Backpacking industry, we try to accommodate our guests with security lockers & the important basics to ensure their own security & comfort with linens, etc, however guests still walk out without returning keys/towels which is a great unnecessary cost every month - most unconsciously & others intentionally.
The mould-like substance in the bathroom is actually the aluminium/rubber of those type of build-in bathrooms. You can only feel it to see the difference. If you go though our previous reviews from 6-12 months back you will see the same. We have been continually pushing our landlord to fix this as our reputation is at stake which he re-paints every 4-6 months.
There is however no excuse for the staff's behavior and we do not tolerate rudeness or any bad treatment/services provided to our guests. We thank you greatly for providing us with your booking details directly to allow us to get to the bottom of your complaint and also re-look at some of our policies in place.
We are really glad that you enjoyed our restaurant. For your information, we have recently put up a Trip Advisor listing for Ghostship Bar & Grill as your say is important to us to continually maintain & improve on quality & services provided.
We thank you again for your review and we hope that we may get another opportunity in the future to meet you again. Our thanks & sincere regards, Vinaka Vakalevu, Rosie, Guest Relations.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are used to staying in the upscale Denerau area...we had a last minute layover in Fiji on our way back from the States. We arrived at the airport at 5am and didn't know what to do. We went onto Orbitz and basically grabbed the cheapest room with an ensuite that we could find. We were so pleased to be given a room upon arrival without extra charge and breakfast as well. 6am checkin, breakfast, a comfortable bed, clean room, lovely staff and right on the ocean front. Great value for money and absolutely recommend to others,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank courtney s
floviti, Guest Relations Manager at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you Courtney for your kind review following your stay at Smugglers Beach resort. We are really glad you stumbled across us and had the opportunity to experience our amenities first hand. We are still registered as a Budget Accommodation provider [4-Star Backpacker] however, we are continually upgrading & acquiring/refurbishing small facilities to offer mid-range comfortable & modern accommodation to attract other independent travelers like yourself. Last year we won our category in the Tourism Excellence Award for Budget Accommodation after trial & error and we are looking to expand our horizons to offer up-market facilities - this plan is already in progress. We also put value in our staffs as they create the atmosphere and no matter where you stay, atmosphere & extra efforts like you highlighted do make the difference. We hope to be able to accommodate you again sometime in the near future. Vinaka Vakalevu.