Tips when staying at Smugglers Cove:
1. When booking accommodation with Smugglers Cove MAKE SURE YOU ARE SENT A QUOTE!! I was not and the booking ended up being wrong. I was charged for a no-show and had to be placed at extremely basic budget accommodation - FOR THE SAME PRICE! until a room was available.
2. Do not make any enquiries with reception if you are in a rush (or just don't want to waste at least an hour of your time!) - my experience with the reception staff at Smugglers was not pleasant - they did not apologise for their wrongdoing with my booking and took an extreme amount of time to organise anything.
3. Go with low expectations - the shower in the private room I stayed in was mouldy, the beach was unswimable (caused by only two days rain!) and none of the front of house staff made me or my guests feel welcome so we took our drinking and eating business elsewhere during our stay (Port Denarue is a sweet place to eat and drink).
4. Smugglers have their own contracted "taxi's" to drive guests around. These cars are not metered and therefore charge MUCH MORE than metered cabs. Some of the cars breakdown mid-journey also! Just something to consider when budgeting for your stay at Smugglers. Use metered taxi's whenever you can.
Smugglers Cove do have some lovely facilities but my experience there was unwelcoming and unpleasant, very unfortunate after spending a month volunteering in the East with no negative experiences with the lovely and accommodating Fijian people. I hope other people's stay at Smugglers is much nicer than mine!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers Cove is a newly built 3 1/2 star rated beachfront resort centrally located on renowned Wailoaloa Beach at Nadi Bay & a comfortable 15 minutes drive from Nadi International Airport, Port Denarau Marina & Nadi Town. The popular Ghost Ship Bar & Grill offers great local & international fare at reasonable prices along with stunning sunsets and ocean views from the beachfront deck dining area. If you are looking for suitable Nadi accommodation that has a fun, inter-cultural atmosphere along with clean comfortable rooms and Free High Speed Wi-Fi Smugglers Cove really is the place to be....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort And Hotel
- Smugglers Cove Beach Hotel Nadi
- Smugglers Cove Beach Nadi
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel Fiji/Nadi