“great hotel”

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
fiji
“great hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

great staff with bula sprit, we get warm welcome upon chick in room was perfect sport less, good food best chef with great talents. well managed property.
thank you all for making our holiday perfect.

Room Tip: stayed in room 500
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we stayed on 10th of august. the room looked clean but unfortunately the room was full of bed bugs. despite complaining to reception our complain was disregarded..
phone connection was all broken and air conditioning remote was hard to operate due to its condition..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank chand2013

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband, children and I were sent here as our flight was delayed back to Melbourne. We arrived and thought we would try and make the best out of a bad and somewhat annoying situation. Reception told us we had villa, we walked round and once we managed to open the broken fly screen door were confronted by an awful smell, a thick layer of dust on everything and the room in general was dirty. All the furniture was very old and tired and the tv and stereo were old and outdated.

The swimming pool was not much better with uncut grass around it and a few tables and no chairs. One of the tables was broken leaving sharp nails exposed underneath.

The bar and eating area were marginally better but the choice of food and drink was very limited and the service was very slow.

The hotel is situated under the flight path of, and close to the nearby International Airport so aircraft noise is loud. The hotel is a 20 minute drive from the airport in a relatively isolated area with few local amenities.

I would not recommend

Room Tip: My only tip is don't EVER go to this " hotel "
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sammy2610
Zaheed H, Manager at Grand West's Villas, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we reviewing your comments in detail with a view to ensuring that we learn from the experience and those involved can see how important each and every guest contact is. I personally will be taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you encountered and prevent future occurrence.

Vinaka & Regards
Hotel Manager.
suva
Reviewed July 24, 2013

me and my family recently stayed at grand west villas, was suprised the warm welcome and the hosiptality we receive during our stay. my other family members were at other resorts, they do like villa very much. the spacious rooms very comfortable neat and tidy. our next visit we know where to stay. Very well maintained,spot less room, nice swimming pool .

staffs and hotel manager making our 2 day perfect

Room Tip: stayed in 300 block villa
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a very nice resort that has active maintenance being done. The yards are immaculate. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.The staff are lovely and make me feel very welcome. The rooms are always spotless and I do like the location as it is easy to get to most places around Nadi without too much trouble. Service is great nothing is too much trouble. In all I have nothing to grumble about I shall keep staying at the grand west's villa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronil P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The previous bad reviews are all for a reason - they are right.
Fortunately for us we weren't paying for our accommodation for the night because our flight was cancelled and we were forced to stay here. NEVER EVER would I pay to stay here.

This hotel is right next to the airport runway and it is VERY noisy.
Our room was tired, outdated and had no security on the front door. We had no hot water in our room and when I complained I was told that it was a pump problem only to be then told it was an electrical problem and could not be fixed that night.

The TV did not work, the bed sheets were stained and the mattress and pillows were terrible. I could go on...

Ignore the replies from the manager on previous posts, he is clearly giving lip service to guests to try and convince any potential customers his hotel is OK which clearly it is not (get your act together Manager).

Best Western has some good hotels, this is not one of them. They should cut any ties with their name to this establishment.

Room Tip: There isn't one here!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank OzSaltyDogs
Zaheed H, Manager at Grand West's Villas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property as feedback is a vital aspect of our industry.

I am sorry the property did not meet your expectations on this occasion as it was an unexpected arrival due to the flight being cancelled and extra passengers were sent in by the airline which we had were not expecting.

Unfortunately we were fully booked and there were hardly any rooms available in the Nadi area. We did our best to make sure you had a comfortable stay with us..

I apologies for lack of hot water in your room as this was due to electrical fault which we could not fix at the time but was rectified the next day.

The rooms are constantly upgraded as well as our facilities and are highly rated by wholesalers and travel agents and also by Best Western.

I will certainly discuss the issues you raised with my team to ensure that the improvements are implemented.

Vinaka and regards.
Hotel Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I travelled solo to this hotel and put in room 504. The room had rat droppings in the bedroom. The knob for the aircon fell off and the cupboard handle fell off. The tv didn't work so I was moved to room 506. This room was a little better however there is no water pressure in the bathroom so showers are out and had a bath instead. The internet which is based downstairs in an open room is terrible. Make sure you use lots of mosquito repellent as you get bitten a lot because its not enclosed. I ordered room service twice and it was disgusting. The fish balls were burnt and the fried rice was drenched in so much soy sauce that I couldn't each any of it and it is expensive. They left my room service plates and tray outside my room for 4 days without picking it up. Considering that there was only me and another couple staying there this non service was disgusting for a hotel that prides itself on service. The worst thing of all was when I checked out and was just about to get into the taxi the receptionist came out and told me that I had taken the bathmat from the room. WHAT? A stinking bath mat. There was no bath mat in the room which is why I put a towel on the floor. I would never stay here ever again and would highly recommend The nadi bay resort hotel up the road instead as they have great rooms and fantastic food for great prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Samira O
Zaheed H, Manager at Grand West's Villas, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Bula Miss Samira Orchard,

Thank you for taking your time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I have investigated your comments thoroughly and we apologise if your expectations were not met but we try our very hard to ensure that all our guests are looked after as best we can. On 7Th of June you were checked in room 504 in which the TV was not working and immediately it was notified and we changed your room to 506. We later found out that the TV cable was broken and this was immediately fixed by our maintenance team.

We seldom have water pressure problems and our water pumps are activated whenever low pressure is experienced.

Since the internet lobby is based in an open area and due to the fact that we are surrounded by tropical gardens, we sometimes do get mosquitoes especially after rainy days as the rain washes away the chemicals that we spray to kill mosquitoes.

As for room service tray, it was removed later next day when housemaids cleaned your room.

We try our best to ensure quality food is served to guests all the time. We again apologise if the food quality did not meet your expectation but we do receive many compliments about our food.

We highly value you feedback as it will assist us in the satisfaction of future guests.

Vinaka & Regards,