“An Experience”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
new zealand
“An Experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Unfortunately we found our stay here a real experience the service was poor the food was absolutely shocking. Our first dinner we could not eat it was meant to be a roast of the day but god knows what it was. Breakfast on our first morning was toast with butter only there was no jam or spreads of any description and when we asked for some they told us they forgot to order some. Trying to book a tour was a joke unfortunately we were the joke because all they could do was talk and laugh amongst them selves. Another couple had really bad food experience aswell and booked out straight away. The shuttle driver took us off the end of the road along the beach instead of using the road and just about run a fisherman over resulting in a big argument at reception in front of us. The whole experience was very disappointing and will not recommend any one stay here.

• Disliked — Food, not clean poor service
5 Thank terbyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2007

A little out of the way but nice and quiet as a result. We stayed for 1 night before heading out to another island. It was a perfect place to relax before jumping on another plane. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff and reasonable bar food. Probably suit >25's best as there were mostly couples/families keeping to themselves. Lots of tours on offer, plus hammocks in the trees and peddle boats for use. The tide goes out a long way though so swimming might not be an option, they have a small pool to cool off in.

• Liked — Good size room
  • Disliked — isolated location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2007

I had been in Fiji before but my partner hadnt. I wanted to make sure she saw some real Fiji and we got time to; buy a few bargin clothes in Nadi, do a bike day tour , catch a few local buses, eat a bit of curry, meet a few locals and go to a bollywood movie in an Asian cinema, that sort of stuff. Club Fiji is in the right location for that sort of thing. 10 mins out of town, no traffic, quiet and on the bay, they can organise day trips if you want them, it is some times good to check out the islands before heading out.

Club Fiji is cute, cheap, a kind of old world resort and not pretentious, it works on Fiji time and is not trying to be Bali or Tahiti or a "western luxuray resort".

Club Fiji is on the bay, great view, so the beach is NOT a white sand beach, it has muddy flats at low tide and some times has a bit of litter, it has a tiny pool and the water sport equipment is old but the staff who help you with it are great and the bay means the water is safe for canoeing, wind surfing etc.

Staff are fantastic, food is good and not too expensive, the small bar has great views and a bit of a vibe, there is happy hour every day and they don't mind if you take soem extra drinks to the resturant from happy hour.

The burre accomodation on the beach front was the best thing, clean, comfortable, cool, great views not too close together. It was unseasonably hot ,humid and over cast, and we had just been staying in a place where we could hear a bit too much of the couple next door so we spent alot time just hanging our in and around the burre enjoying the space.

This is two or three stars max and on a bit of a budget was perfect, I am an expeirenced traveller not someone looking for the resort with a great beach and deep blue sea. Great jumping off point for the islands or to see Nadi, has a bit more soul than the multi national resorts.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank Kabwe
Sydney
Reviewed February 4, 2007

Stayed in Nadi for two nights either end of holiday in the Yassawas. One night at Club Fiji, one elsewhere.
The rooms were clean but the resort was a little noisey. Breakfast couldn't be served on time for us to leave to islands so we ended up stuffing some cold food in quickly and were still charged for two full breakfasts.
Beach was a poor example of what Fiji has to offer, especially the islands. Staff were friendly though.
Have been charged twice for stay and can't get money back so be careful.

Stayed December 2006
5 Thank Andi66

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2006

This is the most romantic resort ever simply because of the rooms (bures) and the seclusion! My fiance and I stayed here on one of my visits while we were long-distance dating (he was a local to Fiji and I'm an American) and we loved everything about the place. They go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and have activities for all. But I don't know why you'd want to leave your own beachfront bure after you see how gorgeous and rustic they are! I can't say it enough... the rooms and atmosphere are just amazing. Enjoy your stay and the people of Fiji.... I sure did! :)

• Liked — The bures!
  • Disliked — The beach is not the best in Fiji... but I'm saying this after having been there 5 times and lived there....
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring candles and a portable CD/Ipod with speakers to complete the romantic room setting
  • Stayed May 2004, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fijiqueen
Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2006

Club Fiji is great value for money. There is a lot of space for relaxation and plenty of activities available. We stayed four nights in the oceanview bures. We found the staff at Club Fiji to be very helpful and friendly. Aleesha at the bar was very entertaining. She has one of the best bar personalities we have ever met. We stayed at the bar longer because the atmosphere was soo good. The price of the food was reasonable and there were plenty to choose from. The new pizza venue established by Club Fiji dishes out some of the best wood oven pizzas. We could go for another one now. John and Elly the owners are very friendly and welcoming. We were sad to leave because we met some of the nicest people there. We will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Great staff
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bbsco
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 9, 2006

So the first time I went to Club Fiji Resort I was at the end of a long backpacking trip- a pretty inexperienced traveller- and all by myself! Not my idea of a dream vacation, especially since I was so broke by the I got there! I stayed in the hostel bunk room at Club Fiji. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure if it's still there! But it was very very cheap, and they took my American Express, so I enjoyed myslef to the best of my ability for a week! I really couldn't do anything much though- it was like a bad visa commercial or something. Honestly, several years ago, hardly any fijian businesses accepted American Express!

But, my husband and I stayed briefly at Club Fiji Resort before going to an outer island a year and a half ago, and it really is such a great place to stay. We had a great room, ate a great dinner, and drank pina colada's in the hammock's on the beach. It's definitely not an outer island experience, that's for sure. And if you're going to Fiji, you absolutely have to go to an outer island. If you don't, it's like saying you've tasted American food but all you've ever had is McDonalds! You'd really be missing out.

Anyway, Club Fiji is a great value, and I think it's a great stop off point! Enjoy! And as always, feel free to ask questions of me!

• Liked — Really close to the airport, great bar
  • Disliked — It's just in Nadi- gotta get out to the islands!
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here the first and last night in Fiji
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BrookMeakins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Aquarius On The Beach
Mercure Nadi
Mercure Nadi
#11 of 25 in Nadi

Been to Club Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!