“Unsafe Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Sao Paulo, SP
“Unsafe Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I and my wife stayed in Club Fiji for 8 days in October 2012. In our last night our room has been broken in. My wife’s passport, her jewelry, my wallet, credit cards, cell phones, cash… have been stolen. Early in the morning I ran to call the guardians who were sleeping in the lobby’s sofa. I have asked them to call the police or the manager, in vain. Only half hour later the hotel’s driver called the police. We have not received any support or help from the management, although my wife has missed her flight and we had to request a travel document in Australia for her.
People from Air New Zealand who helped were not surprised. In the police station the detective in charge confirmed that it is very unsafe and suggested me to go to another hotel until leaving Fiji.
The hotel has no fences in the back and anyone can get in. Guardians sleep in the night and I was told they had no credit in their cell phones to call the police.
The worse is the way the Hotel’s owner and its manager reacted. They do not take responsibility for the lack of security in their property.
This hotel is a black sheep in Fiji. I have traveled the world and this is the first time it happened to me. Club Fiji never more.

Room Tip: The entire hotel is unsafe
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank Fred C
trvellingang, General Manager at Club Fiji Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Re Fred

As our normal procedure the matter was reported to police by our resort driver who was at the resort about 545am on that morning. When the police came to investigate Fred and his wife hesitated to be interviewed by them and have the room looked at but instead rushed off to airport saying they had to get in contact with the Brazilian consulate. Later in the day he and his wife were driven in the company vehicle to the airport to sort out travel documents and driven back to the resort. When the resort manager called the police to find out the progress into the report made they said there were no complaints about any robbery but Fred had a reported that some of his documents were misplaced somewhere. According to Fred he and his wife went to bed about 11.30pm and woke up about 5am. They said the y had locked the main door and the fly screen door. Upon thorough check there was no sign of a break in but Fred said that when he woke up he found the main door ajar. The bure has a wooden floor how could a robber open two doors walk on a wooden floor go through all bags etc while there are two people sleeping in the room. The resort was almost full during the mentioned period and the bure Fred and the wife stayed in is on the beachfront. There are two other rows of bures behind the beachfront bure bures. The back of the resort is fenced. There are over 20 security lights full on during the night with 3 security person ell patrolling the property from 6pm to 8am daily. Only upon a lot of persuasion by the manager Fred went to the police station to give his statement. They flew out next morning

Navin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I travell around a world all my life I seen bed and great but never this bed is absolutly the worst place I ever stay!! I would deeply recomended to everyone DON'T GO IN CLUB FIJI RESORT !!!
Stuff are so unprofesionall no Good Morning,no How r ?!etc Main restoran same issues very poor service and also food is horrible ,this place doesn't deserve to be marked with no more then two stars.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank ranko d

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Having been to Fiji quite a few times this year, this was the first time I stayed at Club Fiji, and I would recommend it.

It's one of those nice quiet little places that is not overly fancy, great food and easy unwind and relax here.

ROOMS: we had a bure on the beach, bed was super comfy and sheets were clean and fresh. Shower had hot water, and plenty of towels were provided. There was a fan in the room, and an air on which when we asked reception how to use they said it would be an extra charge, so we didn't worry about it as the temperature was just nice anyway.

RECEPTION: this was their biggest downfall, and the only employee with a fake smile. Not very helpful on check in, and we're initially made to feel like intruders. We avoided reception as much as possible during our stay.

BAR and RESTAURANT: great bar, with great drinks, and staff were helpful and happy. I would always look forward to this part of the day! great place to meet new people, listen to some Fijian music, have a cocktail of the day....I couldn't wipe the smile off my face! There were a lot of items on the menu to choose from, the food was fresh and tasty, and it never seemed to take too long from ordering to eating.

GETTING THERE: it's a $15 FJD taxi fare from the airport, they have a shuttle from the airport but I opted for a local taxi as the shuttle left without me while I snuck into the car park for a ciggie. Once you go through Nadi, it appears like you are being hijacked as the car rolls along a very bumpy dirt road, seemingly in the middle of nowhere. But rest assured that most roads are not in good repair, and the damaged houses were from devastating floods at the beginning of the year, it has taken a long time to recover...and is still the topic of conversation with any taxi driver.

All in all, I would recommend for anyone looking for something a little less sterile than any five star resort. I know I will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stuff the worst we ever seen except one guy Fay menager from pizza restoran he was a highlight of d resort !We been beeten by bed bugs omg rush all over my face and chest :(( Food horrible in d main restoran,stuff r so rude and unprofessional everything its so dirty and all resort falling in to the peaces !!! We will never be back and who ever we spoke in resort said d same ! Shame on you Mr.owner to let a such potential place to get in this poor condition ;(( !!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Solaja
trvellingang, Owner at Club Fiji Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
This review leaves me bewildered I continually get comments about my staff that they are extremely friendly and how much thay go out to help all nour guests ..they are never rude .
Being fijian they tend not respond when verbally abused and criticised
Comments that the Resort is falling to pieces is totally absurd i spend around $6000 a month maintening all buildings and all bures especially caring for all the timber
We do not have bed bugs,(why were we not informed /) we are extremely fussy with all linen towels matresses etc we would have been told by guests before or after this stay if there was a problem..In fiji there are many insects like mosquitoes , sea lice ,sand flies which can cause lumps rashes swelling these can be contacte any where.. Owner GM
Adelaide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Club Fiji is a unique place to stay, not far from Nadi and the Denaraau Harbour we stayed for a week. However driving to the resort you wonder where the hell you are going as the road needs to be maintained urgently, dirt road with a creek on one side and sea on the other. The bures aren't bad, comfortable however while we where there it rained for 2 days and the verandah leaked badly, the main resort is looking tired and needs to be freshened up somewhat. There is some positives about this resort most of the staff are really great especially Tonga and Cookie at the bar, actually all the Fijians are really nice there and make you feel welcome. The owner needs to look at there management staff and find some good Fijians that can take on these rolls to create and true Fijian experience. By the way.. get a new Chef. and a new Band.. very average .On the whole my partner and I had a relaxing experience especially if you don't want to stay at Denarau in one of those over rated Hotels or Resorts with lots of screaming kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Don't go for the beach, more like mud flats, beds had bed bugs yuck!!!, food overpriced. Went to the Saturday markets in Nadi and bought some awesome curry and spices. Showers were hot and good.
Would I go again - NO!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robyn B
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

where shall I start ? we got airport transfer but on our way back - we were made to pay $15 for taxi - expedia booking was apparently misleading!!!!
NO TV!!!! If you book a garden bure, there is no aircon too!
beach front alright but on low tide, the water is a million miles away - water toys are old and tattered , beach front huts have cushions that my cat would not even lie on - service is poor and in most times intimidating and daunting - off beaten tracks - literally beaten - if I was pregnant, i would have gont into premature labour with all the pot holes - $20 to go to denarau one way, $8 to town, food is expensive - 5 star proce for NO star quality

Room Tip: dont book here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank travellingdoctor48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Mercure Nadi
Mercure Nadi
#9 of 26 in Nadi
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Club Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!