“Our lovely little holiday at club Fiji :)”
Review of Club Fiji Resort

Club Fiji Resort
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Melbourne, Australia
“Our lovely little holiday at club Fiji :)”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Bula! Nadi Club Fiji Resort is soOo good. This is going to be a really long winded review but bear with me at least you'll know its a good place and here's why. I spent my 21st birthday there with my lovely boyfriend Sam (if it matters I'm of Philippine descent and Sam is caucasian). I know its summer in Melbourne when we left but the sun in Fiji feels softer on your skin as well as humid since we came in rainy season. We stayed 5nights and the staff were very polite. Mere always has a pretty smile on her face at the reception and Miri is always kind when we ordered breakfast. Tonga is very bubbly and fun to hang out with at the bar and Kuki too (I apologize if I have spelt your names incorrectly). There are a lot of things to do at Club Fiji. Heral took us out snorkeling (which is free) and I was like a cat in water and wanted to hop right back in the boat. He also helped us grab a kayack for two into the beach but if you're like Sam and I and don't play well with the other kids, they also have separate kayacks for just one person. Its my first time kayaking and snorkeling so don't be afraid to try it (it's also free here!). The rooms are spacious and I was a bit anxious when I read the bad reviews and then when we arrived we thought people complained a little too much. To each their own I suppose. I'm not a fussy girl and I enjoy seeing the frogs at night and the birds flying about. I found one cockroach but I let him in and then let him back out. There also geckos or lizards I'm not sure what but they're very cute and run away when you get too close so don't worry about the animals if you're scared of them, they'll probably be more scared of you. If you pay the resort $5 FJD you can get a ride (there and back total) for a strict time into town but it's cheaper than a taxi which would cost you about $30 FJD return. The food at the club is a little expensive for us because we're only students finishing our degrees and have lived off our scholarship money and savings to come here and relax. The food is really good though in my opinion, so don't think its gone to waste (I ordered the same pizza from JBs three times in 6days!). If you go into town I suggest you stock up on cold drinks since you have a fridge or at least we had a fridge and a hair dryer. We also had a couch, a big chair, a wardrobe, tall mirror, ceiling fan and a separate fan, and there's a separate bathroom in your room - my point is once I spent $80 AUD to stay in the city in Melbourne for a night and all I got was a bulb, four walls (no window) and a bed, in other words a very claustrophobic room. Anyways town is nice but watch out for cars and try to be stern with people who tell you to get into their shop. Almost everyone is pushy about selling but I guess we do that too but in a different less aggressive way although I did like the haggling experience. A trick is to go at the lowest possible price and then settle for what you think is appropriate. One shop guilted us into having kava and a small welcoming ceremony in their shop. We were told we were pretty much ripped off but I think I liked being welcomed like that. They didn't push for us to buy anything either but we would've given them money just for the drink of kava and showing me how to wear a sarong. They have a pool and hammocks at the club. I spent most of my time reading novels in the hammocks because I am a very lazy person. If you're bored though the reception can help you organize activities to do. Some at the resort are free but you can book other stuff like a mud bath and walking around the sleeping giant at a price which includes your transport and such. Our driver, Singh was very nice, funny and patient when Sam and I took a tour around the sleeping giant and the mud bath. I wanted to mention that the people staying at the resort at the same time as us were also really friendly people (I'm scared of racism) which made my stay even better. I didn't even get yelled at when I caused a fire hazard as I decided I wanted to light 21 small candles shoved in a slice of chocolate cake on the night of my birthday but Sam didn't know he got trick-relighting candles and we just kept blowing and blowing. It's something to laugh at though. My point is the staff is really nice. We might come back on our honeymoon one day. I really love it here. Vinaka Club Fiji Resort!

Hermagne (pronounced her-main like champagne)

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank BubblyHermagne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Beautiful setting...15 minutes drive from Nadi Airport. Priced ok for accommodation.Take bottled water although they said water as ok to drink. Only stay in villas as "bures" shared with thin wall in middle. Single mum with two teenagers had to endure a night listening to some honeymooners on other side of wall!!!!! Villas nice and clean big can take any configuration. Balcony onto beach.Air conditioned didn't pay extra. Ba fridge tea and coffee. No TV. Pool small but adequate. Not a place for small kids. Take reef shoes. Free snorkling out on reef every day. If you just want to relax for a week and don't do anything, relax with a drink and chat if you want to in bar in the evening this is the place. Staff very friendly. $10 taxi fare to Port Denareau (upmarket port with shops e.g. hard rock cafe; seafoodrestaruants; tourist shops; boats leaving for island day tours etc) well worth it. Built in 2008.Better than Nadi!!

Room Tip: Villas great- quieter. Don't stay in first bure. Near bar. Don't stay in 37 - Back of restau...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We were booked into a Bure for 7 night which turned into 6 due to a 12 hour flight delay. Bure 20 was clean but dated & in need of doing up. Bathroom was very small & dark with very little water pressure & NO hot water, A/C is available for $18p.n but does nothing as the Bures have wooden louvre windows. As the water problem could not be fixed we moved into Villa 31 cost an extra ($216 for 6 nights) which is situated down the other end of the resort away from the noise of the bar & pool, so very quiet with ocean views. Breakfast is not included & is very basic but as there is no shops or cafes you dont have much of a choice, although Maccas is a 30min walk. Housekeeping staff were lovely & helpfull, so too were most of the other staff, but was taken back a bit at the bar when greated with ' what do you want??' hmmm. Nadi Town is a 10min taxi ride although Club Fiji does have a shuttle it only does 2 trips a day & cost $2.50p.p e.w. JB's Cafe is great, good food & great service...must try Bruschetta & Chocolate pizza, Fai is awesome & always up for a chat or laugh. Cafe also has free internet (Slow but OK) If total relaxation is for you then here you have it, no tv's or phones in any Bures or Villas. Grounds of Club Fiji are beautiful & ocean views are fantastic, but location is not good, Oh dont be put off by the dirt road to Club Fiji unless they have had steady rain & the road is flooded!!!

Room Tip: Choose a Villa, big quiet balcony, ocean views A/C is included
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 18, 2012

It is a beautiful setting and nice layout/landscaping. It is a bit remote but given how uninteresting the town is, you want to be remote. There's a shuttle that take you into town daily ($2.50 per person each way - should be free though). Food was good at both restaurants. Nice staff. Free wifi/internet but only in JB restaurant (not in rooms). Miri from main restaurant was very sweet and Fai from JB's was awesome! We got a beachfront bure with A/C but the bures are shared (basically you get a half house) which creates an issue with noise. The walls are thin and the shutters on windows don't block much noise so you hear everything (loud neighbors, loud birds in AM, babies, etc... ) so not much rest expected. Not really private as advertised. Bathroom sink was tiny and still has 2 faucets (1 hot and 1 cold). No laundry on weekends. We had no hot water both days we were there (though I'm sure it normally works). Beach is not very exciting but if you come to Nadi looking for amazing beaches, you are in the wrong place. We came for 2 days before our flight out and that was just enough time here..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Waroona, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Apart from the pool there is nothing for kids to do at this resort except to hang around the bar/restaurant area with parents. The rooms are basic and almost primitive. A/Con is an extra FJ$18. per night and TV is not available in any of the bures and our bure bar fridge leaked non-stop. My family and I would gladly pay the extra and stay elsewhere. Thankfully we were only there for 4 nights as we couldn't have coped with any extra. The service from staff however was fantastic and they are so helpful, the owners should be thankful for such loyal staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I booked this resort via Expedia and stayed there for 7 days over the NYE break. The resort itself is in a reasonable location (beachfront, short drive to Nadi town).

One standout attribute has to be the service - the staff are excellent, always friendly and eager to please. They made us feel welcome and extended every hospitality.

The food and quality of services at the resort are about on par with the rating, however food is a tad pricey when compared with similar available in town.

My only complaint was the way in which the owners treated the resort guests - on one particular evening, there was a reasonable group of us at the bar. The owner was entertaining a table of guests in the restaurant, and as soon as he, his wife and their party arrived, the music was changed to sleepy elevator music. All of the guests who were situated in the bar wanted the music changed back, so we asked the owner nicely if he would mind changing it back. He was very abrupt and rude in his response and refused to do so. All of the people (about 10-12 paying guests) who were situated at the bar were pretty taken aback by this.

This place is a friendly place to stay and is well serviced, however, I think the owners need to remember that paying guests, their experiences and sites such as tripadvisor ultimately affect the popularity of their resort. They cannot rely on the friendly Fijian hospitality of their staff alone.

Room Tip: Choose either the airconditioned bures or villas - I think it's worth the extra money. Note that...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank holidaynat
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I loved this resort, it was fantastic, we were so looked after with the accommodation as we found ourselves in a bind with where and how long to stay when we first arrived but the staff were so helpful and accommodating, we ended up staying the entire 2 weeks, we didn't want to leave this place. We had really nice accommodation and it was a great base to come back to after exploring other islands on day cruises etc. We really did feel at home. All the staff were so friendly and helpful and it was such a fun experience. We would love to go back to Club Fiji and i will recommend this resort to anyone wanting a genuine Fijian experience. :)

Room Tip: all the accommodations were fantastic and right on the beach. We had a bure and was then upgraded to...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EmmaLucy W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Aquarius On The Beach
Mercure Nadi
Mercure Nadi
#11 of 25 in Nadi

Been to Club Fiji Resort? Share your experiences!