“Relaxing”

Aquarius On The Beach
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Was great for budget accommodation, and the cocktails were awesome. The food wasn't bad. Very laid back and lovely right by the beach. However, the location is a bit funny and I would recommend in the future that an island resort is probably worth it. Having said that, we had no issues and the service people were friendly.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a balcony so that you can open the door and let some air circulate. Very humid i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
AquariusOnBeach, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thanks for your comments. We're happy that you considered our hotel "great" and that you enjoyed our value and our "awesome" cocktails. We're unsure what you meant by our location being "funny" but our convenience to both the airport, Nadi town and transportation to the outer islands makes us a popular choice. You visited our hotel recently when we've been experiencing high humidity, but all of our rooms are air conditioned. We have also noted your other comments particularly running out of hot water. This shouldn't have happened and will be looked into. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Fiji. Vinaka vakalevu! (thank you very much)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Have just returned from a much needed 10 day break at Aquarius. We went there looking for time together to relax and unwind after a very stressful 6 months. We found just what we were after, due to the wonderful staff and comfortable relaxing accommodation and surroundings. Aquarius is perfectly situated right on the beach edge and walks at sunset and sunrise were great. Since our last stay six months ago, there have been many improvements, both in the accommodation and food area. The hotel common areas have also been newly painted and look good with the new windows as well. The ocean view room was perfect with comfortable bed, fresh clean linen, good sized bathroom and that great deck to sit out on. Dale and Dave are doing a terrific job with the upgrades and we made good use of the lovely grounds, just to sit, read a book, have a drink (or two) and chat with the staff, who always found time to make sure we were okay. We hardly ventured out of the place; it was so relaxing. We will certainly be back. Hi to Paul, Donna, Ini, Joeli, Sera, Salote, all the kitchen staff, housemaids and groundsmen, and especially the great manager, Dave. Vinaka vakalevu.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FijiBabies
AquariusOnBeach, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thanks for your lovely comments! It is always such a joy to have guests like you who appreciate the effort that all of our staff put into making your stay enjoyable. Your review has really captured some of the main features that makes Aquarius On The Beach such a special place to stay. Our efforts to upgrade our hotel continue. On your next stay with us, you'll be happy to know that all of our Ocean View rooms will have new bar fridges, new pillows and other features. We look forward to hosting you again soon! Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very much)!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was a very nice and relaxing hotel and I very much enjoyed my stay. It was a bit of a hike to the main road to catch the bus into town (.70c) but an easy walk - not much to see though. The taxi drivers are always stopping to ask if you want a ride so no probs. if you get a bit over the walk. There is very nice loungers on the beach in front of the hotel you can lounge on and there is the same around the pool.

Very important do not forget your insect repellent and the room upstairs in the front right hand corner has a very loud generator outside the window, that is a bit of a pain at night. Bring ear plugs.

The staff are supper friendly and so are the guests that I in counted over my stay. The place is well priced for the quality and I would recommend it to the price conscious travellers that do not want to slum it in dorms (but they did have these as well), breakfast was included and dinner was very nice at a reasonable price.

Well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Do not get the room on the 1st floor, back right. Has a generator under the window.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
AquariusOnBeach, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Bula and thanks for your review. We're glad you appreciated the relaxing atmosphere of our hotel and enjoyed our beach loungers. We were concerned about your comment of the "generator" and did some enquiring. The noise was actually the air conditioner unit. Our housekeeper noted that your air con was on, but the windows of the room you occupied were left open. There was no generator operating during your stay. When the windows are closed, the air conditioner sound is not nearly such a nuisance. Thank you for appreciating our "super friendly" staff and the well priced rooms and meals. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to the beautiful Fiji Islands. Vinaka vakalevu! (thank you very much)

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located 15-20mins from the airport, this is mostly a backpackers hostel with a few ensuite rooms available. The bed linen didn't look fresh or ironed and we asked for them to be changed. One large towel each was provided (no hand towels). The whole place had a tired look, in need of fresh paint (especially the bedrooms) and a facelift. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially in lugging our suitcases up and down the stairs (no lift). The food was reasonable, and fair value, though the chef didn't seem to know what fried eggs were (we got scrambled and had to explain how to cook fried eggs!). Nice beachfront location with a pool that we didn't get a chance to try. We stayed on our way to the islands and so it was ok for one night but don't think we will be back (unless it's renovated!).

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your comments. We note your comments about the bed linen and have verified with our housekeepers that the linen was fresh but may not have been ironed to a high standard, which has been stressed to them. Our hotel is only two floors, so we don't have an elevator, but we're glad that our staff assisted you in moving your bags up and down the staircase. Thank you for noting our convenient beachfront location and the quality and value of our food. We can assure you that our chefs know how to cook fried eggs, and the issue could have perhaps been miscommunication or a wrongly written order. We are currently in the process of renovating (new doors and windows, new paint), and you may have seem some of this work the one day you were there. We hope we can host you on your next trip to Fiji. Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very much).

Reviewed November 16, 2013

i stayed at the Aquarius three times on my ten day trip to Nadi and I never left disappointed. The staff here are some of the best I have ever experienced in a cheaper hotel. I would reccommend staying here to anyone.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank fletchiekins
AquariusOnBeach, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Bula and many thanks for your great review! We're very happy that you had a good experience at our hotel. Your very positive comments about our staff go a long way to encouraging them to continue our tradition of providing great customer service. And we're also thankful to you for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Fiji. Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very much)!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My 4 year old son and I flew in from Honolulu to Nadi, and spent 2 nights at the Aquarius. We stayed in the ocean view room, upstairs with a large lanai/balcony and an incredible view. I am a native Fijian, have spent 21 years abroad and I would have to say that I would be the first one to criticize bad customer service in Fiji if I see one. But,I was very satisfied and impressed with the gang at Aquarius and the level of customer service they provided for us. The complimentary breakfast was great, and the walk on the beach was awesome and safe for kids. My son, is an ocean baby-he played by himself on the beach as I sat from the restaurant and watched him. I love Paul and all the receptionist, and all the gang in the kitchen -you folks are awesome....good leadership from the manager!!! I just have to say- the shopkeeper in the the small store has to go...he is extremely rude to customers,has no manners at all, and he gives Aquarius a bad name.BTW for those who love to stand up paddle, you can walk next door and rent a sup for $10 an hour-great deal! I paddled in the bay and to Denarau-I would definitely recommend this place to friends and families !!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Egi D
AquariusOnBeach, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Many thanks for your lovely comments! Your compliments about our great staff and our high level of customer service goes a long way to encourage our team to continue their efforts to make our guests feel welcome and at home. Your positive comments on our food and our beachfront location also help future guests realise the great value our hotel offers. We have spoken to the shopkeeper in the hotel's gift shop about your comments on his behaviour. Please accept our apologies for any rudeness he may have shown you. We hope you make Aquarius On The Beach your home away from home again on your next trip to Fiji. Vinaka vakalevu!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I originally had a reservation at a nearby hotel but the service there was terrible and they tried to charge me 4x the rate I was originally quoted. After having a nice meal and conversation at Aquarius while trying to figure out what to do I decided to stay there instead. Not only was this hotel much nicer than the neighboring options, the staff was amazing and it only cost $5 more per night. I ended up staying there a few times during the rest of my trip on occasions where I needed to pass through Nadi and I can't say enough about how friendly and accommodating the entire staff was. Special thanks to Donna for helping me to plan (and book) my entire trip through the Yasawas and the Coral Coast. This was the best experience I have ever had with a hotel's staff.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karl V
AquariusOnBeach, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thanks for your great review! Our staff are always extremely happy when a guest appreciates the extra effort they put in to make someone's stay enjoyable. Thanks also for recognising our great value and excellent location as a base for your exploration of Fiji's many beautiful islands and sights. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Fiji. Vinaka vakalevu! (thank you very much)