My friend and I have just returned to Australia after spending 12 nights at Aquarius on the Beach. We had a wonderful time and really felt pampered by the friendly staff. As it is a budget hotel, we didn't expect too much, but we were well satisfied with our rooms (adjoining doubles with a shared balcony on the first floor overlooking the beach).
We were also pleasantly surprised by the fact that you can spend quiet evenings by the pool with not too many people around, which means that you can go out to other venues for clubbing etc, or just hang around the pool for a more relaxed evening.
The manager, David, is always willing to help, as are all the staff. They really made us feel at home! Before we left, we didn't plan any activities and booked them all from the hotel - waterfall trip, Mud Pool experience, a sailing adventure to Castaway Island aboard the Seaspray - everything was easy to arrange and hassle-free. Catching the local buses into Nadi is also fun and it's not very far.
It really is a lovely location too. The beach is not the best though, brown sand, shallow water for quite a way out and a bit muddy underfoot, but still great for lying around and working on that tan.
We found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and I recommend booking a 1st floor room with balcony overlooking the beach and if the room servicing is sometimes a bit haphazard, it's easily fixed with a word to the receptionist. A word of warning about noise from the reception area. Lots of people come and go in the wee hours and the sound tends to travel, so I recommend earplugs!
The food is also very nice, but there is not much Fijian food on the menu and if you're expecting lots of local fruit and veges I recommend buying them cheaply at the Nadi markets.
Finally, a big shout out to Donna, Paula, Joeli, Salote T and Salote M, Ini, Jit, Abo, Sarah and anyone I may have missed. You made our stay truly memorable and we'll be back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nadi's Hidden Gem! Winner of the 2015 Fiji Excellence in Tourism Award (for Budget Accommodation). Nestled right on Wailoaloa Beach, Aquarius On The Beach is a small, family-owned boutique hotel where we make every guest feel special. A 15 minute drive from Nadi International Airport, Aquarius On The Beach offers something for everyone. Internet is FREE for all guests, either through WiFi, which is available throughout the property or on one of our complimentary desktop computers in our internet kiosk. Enjoy our refreshing swimming pool or dine in our widely acclaimed restaurant where the menu offers both variety and value. Enjoy quality wine at sunset on the private balconies of our ocean view rooms or read your novel in the privacy of your deluxe or standard room balcony, or enjoy the air conditioned comfort of our two dormitory rooms. With all of our rooms, you are getting one of the best values in Nadi - Beachfront at a Budget Price! Our Tour Desk can help organise your entire stay in Fiji, giving you choices that fit your needs and your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquarius On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius On The Beach Hotel Nadi
- Aquarius On The Beach Fiji/Nadi