“great place and really really nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beachside Resort

Beachside Resort
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Auckland, New Zealand
“great place and really really nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Beachside resort and it was great, the staff is really nice and available, they do everything for you to feel comfortable and the pool is sunny and warm!
Try the pawpaw coconut smoothie, it rocks! Food is great and cheap

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Did not have the pleasure of staying in the resort as we made the fatal mistake to stay next door, however we spent a number of meal times dining at beachside resort. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was second to none. The Kiwi owners were more than welcoming as was the wait staff and chef. Pool and dining area clean with an enjoyable atmosphere!! Thanks for the great food! Vinaka.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashlea182
BeachsideResortFiji, Owner at Beachside Resort, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Wow ! we are pretty humbled by the fact that you would write such a neat review.
Alot of guests from next door do come to eat with us,dissatified with what is on offer down there.
It has got to the point where the owner and management next door have instructed their barman, to advise their guests that we have no restaurant or bar and that it is very dangerous to walk up to our hotel.
But that's life or business - we are really happy that we were able to provide you with something to really look forward too in the evening - lovely fresh locally sourced food at a reasonable price.
Vinaka Jane and Philip
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Pros,
Nice staff

Cons,
Owners are rude and cheating
Away from everything
Dogs
Mosquitos
Flies
Maggots
Bad food
Bumpy road to get there
Dirty rooms

Overall it's ok but we only stayed a bit. Wish I would have stated else where

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank Fentywenty

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I don't really understand some of the negative reviews on here either. I think some guests are stingy and expect five star when they pay for three. Or always looking for a freebie..

For me with a few days to spend between flights this place was perfect.

Nice gardens, pool and bar, good attention to detail. Was good for running, chilling out, eating and relaxing.

I thought it would be a little far out of town but it wasn't (and town is over rated anyway).

It was easy and cheap to get a cab to town or the airport and there are other resorts and bars in easy walking distance. I was happy to stay at Beachside, especially at night.

The owners and staff were really nice too. I highly recommend the coconut smoothies

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be pretty good. Ones facing the pool are probably best, but mine faced the c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Easytrip123
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Card payment needed to be made in full before we arrived which is highly unusual...and we soon discovered why. Rooms were extremely basic, which was fine for budget accommodation, but the off putting thing was the extreme uncleanliness. As I was being shown our room I had to ask for the pillowcase to be changed as it had a dead bug and some dirt on, and the employee then pointed to the cobwebs on the ceiling and told me it must be from there. There were dead bugs all over the room, I would not have liked to use the shower barefoot, neither would I have used the stained towels. In another room there were what looked like an ant's nest on the top of the door. The wire from the air conditioner was hanging down very dangerously. All in all we ended up being at the resort for 2 hours whilst we arranged another hotel to move to as the rooms were filthy. On top of that we were charged $1 to use the phone, which was advertised nowhere at reception and seemed like it was being made up. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Naomi P
BeachsideResortFiji, Owner at Beachside Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hairy Maclary, Scarface Claw, Hercules Morse, Bitzer Maloney, Schnitzel Von Krumm, Bottomley Potts, Muffin McLay enjoyed their stay.

Cheers,
Philip
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This resort is not near the beach! No problem, just don't expect tropical paradise here!

The room was clean and free of bedbugs. The staff were very friendly and I felt very safe. I had a good view from my room, and the dogs, dudley and peggy, and cat sooki were my first Fijian friends!

Food is great and not overpriced,

I don't recommend the taxi drivers to and from this place, because they take you to various places but not to your destination.

Room Tip: Pay the taxi driver after you make sure you are at the place you set out to be. Refuse to pay more i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Laura v
Christchurch
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was booked in for 6 nights at Beachside Resort.
- First morning refused breakfast by rude Senior Staff Member
- Dogs barking all night
- Room cleaned on Day 4
- TV Had not worked since 2012
- Security guard - never saw one
- Taxi Driver - unlicensed family member of Senior staff
- Air Conditioning flooded my room
- Inappropriate behavior from Senior staff member
Senior staff member told me it was only him and I on Friday night, he would bring Wine and we could party and swim together. Then the personal questions started as much to my disgust. I informed 2 staff members, the next day I informed the other senior staff members only to find out it was his uncle.
Spent the next 2 days in my room was relieved when another guest had arrived.
- Made contact with owners in NZ through directory explained situation only to be told Senior staff member is a family man and would not behave in this manner, was also told I was nothing but a Liar. I ended this call thinking what an unprofessional unpleasant immature business woman.
A 26 room resort with only 5 others staying..

This speaks for itself.

Kim 48years
NZ

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Kim W
BeachsideResortFiji, Owner at Beachside Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We exercise zero tolerance with respect to inappropriate behaviour by our staff especially towards solo female guests.
All staff members were interviewed by the Police and the staff statements to Police are word for word as follows:

1) I Ahmed Ali age 42 years my security guard was cleaning the pool she jump in the pool and ask me to jump i told her i got no change .she ask me how many guest tomorrow i told her only you the guest iam security and she told me we can have party jokely i told her that i will bring wine .she also ask me y you not smoking mariwana you should smoke it is a good think because i smoke mariwana .

2) I Anaseini 26 years Rooms i use to ask her every day if she needs room severice than i entre the room so she reply i dont neeed roon sevrice she never complined me about the air con the hole stay also she never complaint me about ali .

3) I Semun bi 34 years the guest did not speak to me at all .

4) I Siral ali 25 years Yes i refuse the guest for the breakfast because it was 12.30 so it was not breakfast time it is a lunch time .about the aircon she told me i went to check but it was good only she did not now how to use the aircon .About the taxi driver she was not happy because she ask him that can you take me to a place where their sold mariwana the driver refuse .

5) I Pena Ratu 36 years Hole night i was sitting at the front desk as per hour i use to petrol around .one the next day when i was cleaning the pool the guest ask ali to jump in and ali refused also the Guest ask ali about the mariwana and ali come and told me .

Vinaka