Review Highlights
Fantastic father son experience

Fantastic Discover scuba experience for my 10 year old son. Patient teaching then great support... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Bill H
We saw an Octopus Couple Courting AMAZING

Dan and Suli arrived to take us to full fill a big dream, diving in Fiji. Dan had all of our gear... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
katiestri
Gun Barrel City, Texas
via mobile

All reviews night dive diving experience dive master dive course open water musket cove resort these guys two tank dive boat awesome diving dive group dive shop beautiful fish on arrival dels dives suli
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Honeymooners here... We went two days in a row with Subsurface Fiji on the two tank morning tour, absolutely fantastic! The first day was raining a bit, still good, we had one other person with us. The second day was truly amazing, just us and the guides, and perfect sunny weather.

Suli was our dive master; professional, attentive, cool, and fun. Each dive was unique, Suli was excellent at finding cool stuff and pointing everything out. Safety first was practiced throughout and the guys were always helpful with the gear. The experience was so much fun from start to end.

Awesome diving!
Highly recommend!
Thank you Subsurface Fiji!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

This was an exceptional experience for myself and my daughter. I completed my advanced open water dive course with Charlie and My daughter completed her open water dive course with Ju. Both men were very approachable, with a great sense of humour and a bunch of knowledge. We established a great relationship with the crew on and off the water. John, the manager was equally as humorous and helpful. It’s easy to say we were in great hands, learnt a lot, whilst having a ball of fun! We saw plenty of reef sharks, small and large, turtles, moray eels, a lot of beautiful fish. There was a lot more to look at on the reef. Well worth it.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018

The boat was so inadequate.. they told us to sit on the "ledge" of the boat and put our fins on. The "ledge" was literally the normal edge of the boat, probably 2 inches wide. Did you ever try to sit on a 2 inch ledge with a tank and bend over to put on your fins? My wife fell in the boat trying to put her fin on. Thankfully she didn't fall off the boat which was a more likely fall.

they didn't have normal things like water or defog on the boat.

The crew was nice enough, except they somehow thought they were picking up non certified divers rather than advanced divers. They swam around but didn't point anything out. But apparently this is the only option for a dive boat. So grin and bear it. The diving itself was good.

PS: over $100 us for a single tank dive was kind of steep too.

Date of experience: May 2018
SubsurfaceFiji, Owner at Subsurface Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Bula! Firstly, thank you for diving with Subsurface Fiji and I am happy you enjoyed your dives.

As there were a total of 4 divers on your trip, you were on our smaller 27 ft dive boat. To allow more space and comfort to put on your fins, we do suggest divers place these on at the open area in the bow of the boat, as you did. As it has a low bow, this is where we conduct our backward roll entries.

There is defog on the boat, however we do not supply water as the purity of the water we are able to obtain from the islands is not always suitable for our guests. Hence, we advise guests to bring the bottled water that is supplied in their rooms.

Your Dive Master saw that you were taking underwater photos and were staying at the rear of the dive group. He assumed you were enjoying taking your time and taking photos.I apologise that he misinterpreted this.

We always hope that guests would share any concerns with us before they leave. We would have invited you to join us on another dive so that we had the opportunity to better fill your expectations.

Vinaka,
Karen Koens
Subsurface Fiji

Reviewed March 21, 2018

I went out with these guys back in 2010 and the same high standards continue ensuring a great holiday experience. The dive boat is well set up and not short on power to allow us a speedy trip to the various sites. The diving was excellent considering the wet season hadn't ended with good visibility and easy currents. I had a couple of great double-dives and will be back again for more.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Did 6 dives with my son, and have not seen such pristine coral for years, especially in a relatively accessible, close inshore area. Abundant fish life too. Dive staff were efficient, safe and friendly. Guides were good at locating and indicating unusual things.

Date of experience: March 2018