Review Highlights
Fantastic father son experience

Fantastic Discover scuba experience for my 10 year old son. Patient teaching then great support... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Bill H
We saw an Octopus Couple Courting AMAZING

Dan and Suli arrived to take us to full fill a big dream, diving in Fiji. Dan had all of our gear... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
katiestri
Gun Barrel City, Texas
via mobile

All reviews night dive diving experience dive master dive course open water these guys two tank dive boat awesome diving beautiful fish dels dives suli dove sites instructor ju
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were staying at the Musket Cove resort and it had been 20+ years sinc either of us had dived and without much experience when we did qualify. I emailed Subsurface before going to Fiji and they responded promptly regarding their offerings for a refresher course. We booked it in on arrival and Ju took us thru a 2hr session in the pool which was really comprehensive. Given how long it had been since I last dived I was a bit skittish and he helped me regain confidence with his excellent instruction technique and patience. We completed 3 dives in our time there with Ju and Solo as the dive masters. In each instance they were conscious of the ability levels of all members of the dive group and provided great support as needed. Before each dive they gave a good overview of the site and then a debrief after of what we'd seen, how it had gone and anything anyone needed assistance with. Both they and the crew in the dive shop were always friendly and welcoming. We had a ball and would definitely go with Subsurface again.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank KiwiChick293
Reviewed September 24, 2017

The staff were helpful and friendly. Good equipment. I did six dives with Subsurface Fiji, each dive location had different offerings, including reef sharks at Supermarket.

Our kids 12 and 14, did the Discover Scuba experience, the dive instructors were fantastic with both of them.

We will definitely return to Fiji, and dive here again.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank life154journey
Reviewed July 9, 2017

While I stayed for 2 weeks on Malolo island I got to interact with Sub Surface quite a few times (and my husband, even more!).

The staff is highly professional (this is a PADI certified diving operation). I got my PADI certification with Solo who first took me in a pool and taught me the basic before taking me to the open waters and testing me even more. He was VERY serious and drilled me on every single PADI item. Thank you Solo for being so professional.

I also got to dove with Dels, Jovi, Nathan and Jago. My last 2 dives were the best on the visibility front: Jago took us to Gotham City and Vonu range and we got some greta encounters with playful turtles and sleeping sharks.

Equipment was ok. Not sure why somebody complained in a review about the equipment being outdated because it is just perfect.
I even borrowed a mask as mine was fogging constantly.

Also and even if you are (like me) afraid of the dark go for a night dive! It is a very special experience and you might even become an addict like me!

As far as support is concerned your emails will get answered pretty quickly.

Also, Subsurface does not provide you with snacks and water or towels but this is totally normal since resorts usually do this here in Fiji.

Highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2017
3  Thank vorsoni
Reviewed May 15, 2017

I did 2 dives with Subsurface and they were excellent. The dive masters were all very professional, the dive sites were great (lots of sharks) and the provided gear was all in excellent condition.

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank Tom A
Reviewed May 9, 2017

We did 9 dives in 4 days with Subsurface Fiji. We went to a dive area called the Supermarket first and OMG I was in heaven with sharks galore and also beautiful fish. My husband said you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Every dive we saw something different. A big thankyou to Bola, Jango, Dels and Jovy for all your help. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Jango even managed to find me a turtle and also helped me with my first ever night dive. You all definitely made our Fiji holiday something very special to remember.

Date of experience: May 2017