“Too many water traps”

Denarau Golf and Racquet Club
Ranked #7 of 52 Outdoor Activities in Nadi
More attraction details
Owner description: GOLF Designed by Eiichi Motobashi, the Denarau Island golf course incorporates a unique Pacific theme with bunkers in the shape of marine creatures. With a par of 72, the 7,150-yard course offers tee positions for all levels of golfers, including four water carry par-threes, four challenging par-fives, and 10 par-fours. The longest hole is 570 yards, and the shortest is 170 yards. FIJI PREMIUM CLUB HOUSE Located at Denarau Golf and Racquet Club, Fiji Premium Clubhouse provides a casual dining experience for the whole family. Open for lunch and dinner, choose from tempting delights offered on the menu or enjoy a must have special wood fired pizza. Fiji Premium Clubhouse features a sports lounge complete with live coverage of sports on big screen TV and bar serving ice cold beers, you can still come on holiday and cheer on your favorite team!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 31, 2013

As a holiday only golfer, I found the course to be a little over done with the water traps. Several balls later a bit of frustration set in a I found myself losing interest in the course.

1  Thank AMMIE01
"bula bus"
"sheraton villas"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

As part of our tour package we received unlimited golf. The course was amazing and it was great we received a free golf buggy to use for the day. We also had a chance to go to mini golf and for $22fj each it was a very entertaining arvo.

The food at the golf club is also cheap and delicious. Chicken pizza was the best!

Definitely get down there and check it out!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Brother and I played the course several times during our stay. Its a great course, which changes from high tide to low, or if there is rain in the hills - we experienced all of these conditions. Day 1, I won, as I only 'mislaid' 2 balls, where brother 'lost' 10 - good chuckles for me in the superb 19th afterwards. Next round though, my chuckles were not so evident as I had 'mislaid' 9 balls, and brother had lost only 3 - so we were square through two games, and equal at the 19th (but don't have the caeser salad, as it was definately the worst we have had, anywhere in the world)! Beer was good and cold, and a hospitality cart cruises the course to keep you hydrated.

The despatch supervisor is Jone (pronounced John) and he and his staff go out of the way to make you welcome and ensure you enjoy your experience on a very good, japanese designed, challenging golf course. The club staff are equally efficient and friendly and we were sad when we had to say goodbye when we headed home. Brother doesn't want me to tell you about the third round - can't understand why :)

Great venue, great fun

1  Thank anthonyjw2
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Played course once on recent trip, I don't ply much these days but surprised at how well I actually went. Didn't find the water too often even though there is plenty there. Major storm the night before a bit of water lying around but excellent drainage on course and greens were great.
Also had dinner there one night and takeaway pizza another night. Good pizza and very reasonably priced for Denerau.

1  Thank Greg W