“Worst greens I have ever seen”

Denarau Golf and Racquet Club
Ranked #6 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Nadi
More attraction details
Owner description: GOLF Designed by Eiichi Motobashi, the Denarau Island golf course incorporates a unique Pacific theme with bunkers in the shape of marine creatures. With a par of 72, the 7,150-yard course offers tee positions for all levels of golfers, including four water carry par-threes, four challenging par-fives, and 10 par-fours. The longest hole is 570 yards, and the shortest is 170 yards. FIJI PREMIUM CLUB HOUSE Located at Denarau Golf and Racquet Club, Fiji Premium Clubhouse provides a casual dining experience for the whole family. Open for lunch and dinner, choose from tempting delights offered on the menu or enjoy a must have special wood fired pizza. Fiji Premium Clubhouse features a sports lounge complete with live coverage of sports on big screen TV and bar serving ice cold beers, you can still come on holiday and cheer on your favorite team!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Havelock North, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Worst greens I have ever seen”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was really looking forward to playing at this course on our recent holiday but was disappointed by the attitude of the staff and the appalling greens. The course itself is beautifully laid out and quite challenging with lots of water hazards. Having arrived at 3pm to get both cooler weather and twilight rates it still cost me $150 to play a round and then the course attendant kept coming out and hassling me to finish. The greens are frankly an embarrassment and if I played on anything like that in New Zealand I would ask for a refund. Having now read the other reviews I wish we had tried the restaurant/bar facilities but to be honest the attitude of the golf shop staff put me off.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Alan W

Sydney, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice Club”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hubby golfed here just about every day of our trip, and we dined at the club. Good value food and drinks and a HUGE outdoor screen to watch the footy - hubby was in heaven.

1 Thank Moira1304
Wellington, New Zealand
“Golf and Racquet Club”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently played four rounds here and have to say that the staff in the bar/restaurant are very friendly and helpful and it is probably one off the best places to eat and drink as the hotels have become outrageously expensive.The guys sorting you out with carts etc are fantastic and will clean your clubs and shoes for when you leave Fiji !. The only gripe we have is the staff in the shop taking the green fees and shop purchases.
Guys, you really need to cheer up and make people feel welcome,you could really learn from the guys outside as I said earlier we couldn't fault them.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Nice course and facilities”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Golf at the DG&RC was provided at a great value as part of a hotel stay package. Course in excellent condition and good for all handicaps. Generally wide fairways, but there are plenty of water and sand hazards to challenge your score. Staff were exceptionally caring and helpful. Only disappointment is condition of greens - strange mixture of grasses. Puts beyond 4 feet are impossible to predict. Stone-fired pizzas from associated grille are fantastic and probably best food value on the island.

Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mini golf time!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The day I went to this golf club is because of the unexpected bad weather in the morning that my trip to the mud pool was cancelled. Luckily the sun came back out and we decided to do something around the resort. Mini golf there was fun and the reception lady was kind enough to give me another golf ball when I accidentally put it in the last hole (she suggested us to go from hole 10 since there was a few group of people starting at hole 1). We had so much fun in those 2 hours and it price was reasonable.

Visited November 2012