“You get what you pay for”

Capricorn Fiji Hotel
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here twice..for 1 night at the beginning of our holiday and for 2 nights at the end. We stayed in a Garden View room upstairs and a Poolside room downstairs. Both rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. We had no bugs at all including mosquitoes so not sure about previous reviews?? This hotel is a bit dated but you get what you pay for, and it was not expensive by any means. We had a car so didn't eat meals here except one lunchtime...it was tasty and cheap...staff were friendly too. Our only problem was the TV stopped working on our last night, but it wasn't an issue as we don't generally watch TV whilst on holiday anyway. Overall we found our rooms clean, hot water wasn't an issue...we always had hot showers, staff were fine and pool was great.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank glenlan

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hotel has a good location, near city central, a lot of places to eat near by and bus station right outside. But there is a reason why I will never stay there again. They have bedbugs and fleas. I managed to bring fleas back with my luggage and its a huge struggle to get rid of those nasty animals. My body itches so badly and i'm really angry that my awesome island vacation had such an awful ending.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank j2nes
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Capricorn International Hotel Nadi Fiji customer feedback for TRIPADVOSR
Hi there,
We just wanted to express our very deep appreciation to your entire team for your wonderful services at the Capricorn International Hotel during my familys recent stay there.
Your staffs cooperation and assistance was real from day one when we booked the hotel rooms this is all very much appreciated by us all and please convey our gratitude to all your team members there in Nadi Fiji.
Capricorn International Hotel Nadi Fiji customer service night and day was remarkable and we really appreciated the outstanding breakfast in the mornings and overall our experience at the Capricorn International Hotel Nadi was amazing.
Once again thank you very much for the excellent experience at Capricorn International Hotel Nadi Fiji ! We will most definitely pass on the brilliant experience and good word to our many many friends and family members.
Best wishes
GOD bless you all
Rajesh and Shakuntla family
Brisbane, Australia

Room Tip: We stayed in the pool side rooms and they all were fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RAJESH C
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed in one of the deluxe rooms and upon check-in found that 2 lights were not working and the bathroom floor was full of water as there was a leaking tap. Called reception and response i got was to go see one of the housemaids! Ummmm what type of service is that. I felt as it was my problem and i had to go solve it myself. I didn't bother seeing anyone and just left it like it was.....The next morning i woke-up to my surprise i had bites all over my arms and sure enough my suspicions were correct...bedbugs! complained to housekeepers and they got it sorted quickly but no apology and again it felt like it was such an effort to get something done....decided to head to town and have lunch there as i didn't even want to bother the restaurant staff in-case that would be an effort also! Upon returning, i had to wait over 5 mins to get my room key as the lady was on the phone! all she could have done was just hand me the key but instead she choose to just stand there and ignore me. Working in hospitality i know full well on customer service and attending guests needs.....

At the end of this ordeal i couldn't wait to check out and i would not return to Capricorn again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Local Tourist T
Reviewed January 28, 2013

its a nice place, located right next to an eatery and transportation and a super market, very close to town. We took their shuttle which was FOC the driver stare as he haven't seen any girl before, and he didn't even talk to us until we ask him question.. I have hard time trying to sleep as there were Fijian who also stayed at the Hotel drunk all night long, annoying much.. I enjoy the bus ride.. It's good for stopover..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank R E W N A 2
Reviewed December 22, 2012

During Cyclone Evan we left our home for our safety and came to Capricorn, I am very greatful to have gotten accomodation here and i also apologize because my reviews will only contain the truth and nothing else, i am also very greatful to the reception staff that day who called me to confirm my room, though my room was hanging by the weather condition she still kept it. Vinaka to her

The rooms were of good quality except they dont have ac controls and TV remotes, the service was 50-50 some staff were god and some were very tired, but i dont blame the staff because only a few staff had to handle all the guests even the manager was doing the waiter, plumber, gardner, carpenter and may be even a toilet cleaners job, KUDOS to the MANAGER I SALUTE YOU.

The food was ok and our rooms were surprisingly very clean and very good except the ac didnt have a control and the washroom hadnt a lock

I saw the hotel was falling out and i just hope the hotel gets back on its feet.

Oh i forgot to mention the security was super rude to me so if that can be looked into because of which out of 4 i am removing 1 point

Otherwise this place is highly reccomended.

I would also like to nominate the all staff (exception of security) who were there on the day of the cyclone for the Employee of the month award.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Room Tip: the rooms on the far end of i.e. the second block is more safer and spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AAbhishay
Reviewed November 20, 2012

its a nice place, located right next to an eatery and transportation is easily available but the rooms are a bit on the small side...but over all good service. i especially liked the staff...they were very friendly. its nice to see the beautiful Bula smiles

Room Tip: chose a room facing the pool, preferably with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends