“Bad stay..”
Review of Mercure Nadi

Mercure Nadi
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I & my partner stayed here for 2 nights at the end of Aug 2009 after spending 5 nights at Mana island resort (before heading back home)

We stayed at a standard room.

When we checked in, I wasn't feeling comfortable with a check in lady taking my credit card numbers & details on a piece of paper (It was a just plain, blank paper). I did questioned, but I was told she had to do it. At that time, I wasn't quite sure if it was a right procedure, so I didn't question further. Anyway, once I came back to NZ, I had to immediately cancel my credit card and replaced it just in case.

While staying for 2 nights, we were really glad we were staying only for 2 nights.
The room was very hot at night and we could smell not plesant thingy on our pillows & the beds. It was very disgusting. Also, during the day, there were housekeepers taking a whole day to clean... We stil think they were just killing their times, servicing the rooms very slowly on purpose. Otherwise, the room wouldn't be that much unclean...

The bathroom was just... speechless. - very poor standard.. I have done lots of backpacking while being student previously, but it was actually worse than some backpackers comparing how much more money we paid for.

We tried lunch at the restaurant downstairs, it was alright, but you could grab nice curries at Nadi town with 1/3 price.

Another annoying thing... We asked one of receptionists how to get to the Nadi town, and were told there were no public buses from the hotel, and the only way to get to the town is to grab a taxi waiting outside of the hotel. Oh well. What a lier. After paying $12 to get to the town, we found out there are plenty of buses, only costs 70c per person AND, the bus stop is right outside of the hotel. (2-3 minutes to walk!!) - Very unimpressive. I really do not think the receptionist did not know !!! (Maybe the receptionist was a taxi driver's daughter?????)

The swimming pool was very filthy. I could see lots of dead insects floating around.

Only good thing was there is a Japanese restaurant nearby (I think it was about 10min walk toward Nadi town), It is very good value for money and very delicious. Even my picky partner enjoyed the meal there.

Anyway, back to the hotel, I really do not reommend this hotel although the location is really good. We will not stay here in the future at all. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
MercureHotelNadi, General Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nadi. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I note that you stayed with us back in August 2009, I can safely say that we have made considerable improvements to the hotels product we offer our valued guests.

I would however like to note that the hotel will continue to require guarantee of payment from every guest as this is standard hotel procedure. I can confirm that this information is kept confidencially and with all credit card information destroyed on guest check out.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed in Fiji for 7 nights n i spent my last night here so that i can catch up my morning flight on the next day comfortably.

Staff here are friendly, helpful and sincere compare with those i met in Outrigger Fiji & Radisson Fiji Resort. This sounds ridiculous but that's true!!

Rooms are compact and acceptable with respective room rate! although they only provide one round trip airport pick up only, its still convenient to look for meals around hotels, like japanese, korean, curry etc~

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Bula Vinaka!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Nadi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

We stayed at the Mercure Nadi for one night in January 2010. We wanted a hotel close to Nadi and the Marina for one night before heading to Castaway Island the following day.

We were a bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews, but we found the hotel to be exactly what we were after.

Check in was easy. The room they had allocated to us was not ready when we arrived, so they gave us a room that was ready on the third floor. It was bit of a hike, but at least we were able to get some rest straight away, which is what we were after. The room was plenty big enough for us and our teenage daughter. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and quite roomy.

We didn’t use the pool, but the water looked clean and there were plenty of people using it.

We had a buffet dinner which was OK, nothing flash but it was certainly good enough for the price. The service at the bar was excellent.

Check out was also very easy.

The Mercure Nadi is a good hotel for a short stay, especially for one or two nights on the way to, or coming home from a stay on one of the islands. We would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Doc63

Bula Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Nadi. Thank you also for choosing the Mercure Nadi regardless of what has been negatively written about the hotel in some previous reviews on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Vinaka & Reagrds,

Reviewed February 6, 2010

This hotel did not measure up to the standards that could be expected from a Mercure. The room was a bit shabby and dated as was the bathroom. There was no elevator despite being 3 floors up. The water in the swimming pool was not clear by the end of the day so I decided not to swim in it. The food in the restaurant was quite expensive and not that attractive.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

For your information, the hotel is currently in the middle of an upgrading process including the rooms and also in food and beverage.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

Avantages :

Transfer from the aiport to the hotel.

Inconvenients :

We should be upgrade on the arrival because it was the deal, but No, i have to ask for that.
Smell in the room, very humid.
Expensive taxi recommended by the hotel to go to the city, you can paid less.
Buffet for dinner, very poor.
The bathroom was not very clean and we didn't hve hot water everytimes.

I don't recommend this hotel, because for a Mercure it should be much better.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Bula Vinaka Guest,

Reviewed January 21, 2010

After sorting out a few issues with the bedding arrangements which was not the hotels fault . The duty manager offered us a better accommodating room size. Service and staff fantastic, food standard quality good and location excellent The air-conditioning in the rooms need a little attention but it was also very hot when we were there . I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
MercureHotelNadi, Geneal Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2010

Bula Vinaka,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Nadi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed January 5, 2010

it has a good location in that it is in between the airport, the center of town, and the next town over where all of the day cruises and water activities leave port. the staff was all very nice and accomodating.

also, all the day cruises have a free shuttle pick-up from this hotel. i had originally booked a different hotel and had to taxi to get to this hotel, so it still cost money, but not as much as to get to port.

i left my orifinal hotel for this one because Club Fiji Resort, a short distance down the road, was completely aweful, and my worst traveling experience to date. the transfer was made much easier for me by the front desk, and they even gave me a discount for having such a terrible experience at the original hotel and switching to theirs.

overall its very clean, all the staff is friendly and helpful, any service you expect with a regular hotel is offered with fine quality, and the price was fair, except breakfast, which is a low standard version of an american buffet and much too expensive for what was provided.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
MercureHotelNadi, General Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2010

Dear Guest,

For your information, we have identified the breakfast as an area that is needed for improvement therefore we are increasing the options including more cooked options.

Mercure Nadi