i just arrived back from Fiji and stayed 3 nights at Mercure Nadi. Overall my trip to Fiji was a great experience
but i was greatly disappointed with my stay at Mercure, especially having a pleasant stay at Novatel Suva and Tanoa Lautoka.
I'll break this review down to the pros and cons of my stay, starting first with the pros.
- The location of the hotel is ideal for if you want to go to the local clubs/bars i.e Eds Bar and supermarkets at walking distance. If you wish to visit Nadi Town, its only 10 minutes drive.
- Visually from the outside the hotel is stunning, with a giant pool in the middle and plenty of space to sit and have a drink at the bar.
- The hotel staff is willing to drop you themselves to your destination or will arrange a taxi onsite. The airport shuttle will take you to the airport free of charge.
- The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport
- The hotel check in time is 2pm so if you arrive any earlier, you will have to wait for your room.
- The rooms are very dated and untidy. There are cracks in the walls, the beds are uncomfortable, and the TV is an old radiation box on which most channels are scrambled or low reception. The air conditioner is very poor, even when you set it to high, you can't
feel a thing. The bathroom is the biggest disappointment, as the shower hardly has any water pressure and is kept is a very poor condition. The sliding bathroom door hardly closes all the way.
- I had to ask housekeeping for an extra towel, when there are 2 people staying in the room but only one towel provided. On the second day , housekeeping didn’t replace the dirty towels and only made the beds.
- The hotel Gym was in terrible condition. It’s a small room with 2 exercise cycles that do not work. The fitness equipment is half broken and you will probably do yourself more harm in using that equipment.
- lets not mention the food at the mercure...overpriced and undercooked.
- I had requested the hotel for a late checkout 24 hours prior to my actual checkout. I confirmed the late checkout at the front desk and accepted the 40 dollars extra charge. An hour later, I received a call from reception reconfirming my late checkout. On the day i was leaving, they deactivated the 2 hotel room keys at 10am. I had to go to reception and get them reactivated again. I found this extremely frustrating because i had already confirmed my late checkout twice so why would they deactivate the keys?
Overall my experience at Mercure was an unforgettable one for all the wrong reasons. I really hope that management from that hotel reads this and uses this feedback to improve their standards. I hope this unbiased review helps the next person considering of staying there. If you are planning for a short stay, don’t mind paying the extra costs and want a hotel close to town, clubs and restaurants, then try mercure. However i am fairly positive you can stay at a better hotel than mercure in Nadi, certainly I won't be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Hotel Nadi is only 3 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from the town centre. The hotel features 84 rooms in two accommodation wings that overlook the resort style swimming pool, beautiful tropical gardens, a restaurant with alfresco dining on the poolside deck as well as a relaxing and welcoming bar. It is the perfect base for exploring Nadi and the Fijian islands, with easy access to many restaurants, bars and nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Mercure Nadi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nadi Hotel Nadi
- Accor Nadi
- Mercure Nadi Fiji