“Loved the pool”
Review of Mercure Nadi

Mercure Nadi
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We stayed at the Mercure when we arrived in Nadi before we made our way around Viti Levu. The facilities are adequate - clean rooms, comfortable beds, TV, bar fridge etc, however we had a slight run in with a leak in the bathroom. The porter was very sweet and carried all of our luggage up the stairs and demanded that we didn't help! The desk staff were average and weren't very accommodating however the pool, bar and restaurant staff made up for it!

The food is slightly pricey but fairly good quality.

Highly recommended as a stop-over when you are between destinations but I wouldn't spend my whole trip here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roguetraveller88
There are newer reviews for Mercure Nadi

Reviewed July 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel June 8 and 14 on the way to and back from Octopus Resort.

Cons:

- The bathroom was really dirty, with so much dust all over the sink and hair in the bathroom that it looked like it had not been cleaned in a very long time.

- Cockroaches in bathroom.

- A piece of ham found on my cheese pizza (I am vegetarian).

- Expensive meals and drinks.

Pros:

- In saying that, the rooms were spacious and attractive enough.

- The staff were really welcome and friendly.

- Great cocktails.

For the you can't really expect much more, but the bathroom should have at least been clean. Next time we will stay at the Westin Denarau resort & spa, before heading out to the islands.

Make sure you tip the porters, these guys were really hard lugging heavy bags up lots of flights of stairs. We tipped one guy $5 and he was absolutely amazed.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Just had 5 nights there, well looked after by all staff, whenever and whatever, all smiles all the time. Very good location, no noise as you would expect on a main rd, prices very reasonable best memory......such happy staff

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank ynotski
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Ups:
We stayed here twice both one nighter, rooms 322 & 312
Staff were friendly, nice for one nighters…
Room service was quick.
They have the WILSON ball from the movie CASTAWAY at the bar so that was pretty cool.
Internet is $13 for an hour.

Downs:
Expensive meals I think…
Had issues with the shower, when we first stayed there.
No lifts, so we had to carry our luggage up and down the stairs, we felt bad because our bags were so heavy their was only one man at the time to bring the bags up, so we just helped him.
Only two channels on the tv

** Beware Con Artists about…These men, they are very very friendly, and they got us that way, sad to say. They give you a “FREE” kava ceremony, then give you a free necklace and encourage you to purchase from their store, not even telling you the prices of each item, you are then surprised with the cost, but everything is already ready and packed for you to take… I think I just felt guilty, so I paid It.!...
They pick you in the streets, if someone approaches you and tells you they are the only Fijian owned store, have a look at the store if you are interested in purchasing souvenirs but do something I didn’t do say… “no”…. if you don’t want the item, and ask for the price!. The store is called Ni Sa Bula Handicraft Gift Shop on Main Street.**

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We stayed at the Mercure our first and last night of our 7 day stay in Fiji. The hotel ever very clean, staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast is excellent and has an omlet station. Few good restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel. There is also a gas station across the Hotel that sells drinks and snacks and is open 24 hrs which was helpful since the Hotel restaurant/bar closes at 11pm.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daxprat3
Reviewed May 15, 2008

We booked to stay at the Mercure for 1 night before we got our connection boat to one of the islands
After reading a few of these reviews i got a bit concerned about the noise and location but then thought well it's only for 1 night and decided to stay after all.
When we arrived the staff were fantastic very helpful indeed the porter took us to our room and we were very surprised on how modern the room looked each room had 2 double beds and was very clean etc
The pool area looked very nice but can't really comment as we arrived in the evening and by the time we left we were to excited to notice the pool area, we actually had a meal at the hotel and couldn't fault the food one bit and very cheap.
As we needed a nother room for when we returned from the island we were so impressed we booked to stay there again, but this time we ventured out of the hotel for our evening meal and found a really good Thai restaurant which was less than a 5 minute walk away.
This hotel is very close to the airport and yes you do get plane noise but when your in the room you can bearly hear it and it won't effect your sleep

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank daviesl
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Disgusting and appalled.
Where do I begin.... many of you are proberly aware that I travel to Fiji on a regular basis you will see some on my blogs now and then.

I would have to say this would have to be the lowest hotel I have stayed in Nadi town in a while.

I have stayed in other Mercure hotels which are similar in standards... well so I thought.

After my flight arrived at the hotel, greeted by the front desk and porter which was fine, but then was sorted hinted to me that the staff would greatly appreciate a tip, and because I didn’t tip one of the porters said something under their breathe in Fijian which I didn’t understand but I could tell by the body language it wasn’t very nice at all.

The smell of mildew and mould hits you straight away when the door opened, and since the rooms are small you feel as if you can breathe.

There was a balcony which you could sit if you wanted to. My room wasn’t very clean the tiles still had sand on the floor, another words they didn’t sweep the floor, the mat in the room needed a good clean it was filthy.

The bed was putrid, the sheets were not cleaned there were brown stains and foot marks on the linen sheets, pure filth. The bathroom was rusted hardly any hot water which even though its Fiji I don’t like to get up at 6.00am to have a cold shower thank you very much!

I did go down to complain it was like talking to bricks, 1 hour later my room was at least half cleaned.
The bathroom was small and there was a sliding door which mine was broken.... lucky for me I was on my own.
There is a beautician salon there, which was fantastic the girls there did a fantastic job.

The average massage will set you back approx $FJD 85.00 which was bliss, well done there.
The most disgusting thing that I came in contact with was breakfast, it was appalling.

I decided to go down to breakfast around 9:30am it looked as if it was “left over’s” for breakfast, it was like “scattered allotment” I had a look to see what was available there was a few breakfast sausages and you had to ask for a chef to come out and cook an omelette flies around the food always a great look, but what mortified me the most was when I asked for a plate for breakfast there was no clean plates available so the staff member said that he would get me a plate.

The next thing I see he gets a plate from someone who has just finished breakfast puts it in the water under a tap and says to me here’s your plate. I was shocked and in dis belief, at what I just saw him do.

From then I said to the staff member I will not want breakfast. $20.00 FJD to end up with food poisoning thru grotty hygiene habits of the staff which was plain filth in my eyes.
When it came to check out, there was no point organising porter age, I did this and had to wait so I decided to bring my luggage downstairs myself.

Because of my work it was convenient for me to stay at this hotel; I can assure you when I come back to Fiji in a few months I will not be staying at this hotel again. The hotels in Nadi town aren’t exactly the best quality but there is no excuse for filthiness. Next time I’m here will spend the extra money and stay at Denarau instead.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business