“Good Location for an overnight or two”
Review of Mercure Nadi

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Handy to many restaurants etc and shops nearby so good cheap transit property with transport. Food OK and many restaurants nearby Rooms OK and bar pool area warm friendly. Bar staff lady was very amusing - good sense of humour and knew how to handle people well

Room Tip: As you look in to property form the road - the Right hand side rooms (or Rooms closer to Nadi Town...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jack W, General Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear PoppaHopper,
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with our team. I'am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services and have a positive impact on their stay experiences. As you found out and have also commented on, the best thing about Mercure Nadi is the unbelievebly warm and friendly staff that takes great pride in looking after our guests.
Thank you again PoppaHopper for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Nadi

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed with family for a night. Rooms are clean but there are no locks on the bathroom doors.Lock preferred if with family. No control on A/C is a downside. Buffet Breakfast is ok. Parking outside rooms is a bonus. Friendly service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sanjay K,
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide all our guests a superior stay experience, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of our rooms, our buffet breakfast, our "authentic" friendly service and parking provisions outside our rooms. I have also noted your comments regarding the need for a door lock to the bathroom and control for the AC unit. I have addressed the issue with the relevant Manager, but I was quite surprised that there was no AC control in your room. In fact all our rooms have AC's controls, as it contributes to the well being of our guests which has a positive impact on their stay experience, enabling them to regulate the temperature in the room to their liking.
Sanjay K, once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at the Mercure Nadi for 2 days in May. The rooms are of a decent size and clean. The reception was courteous and the hotel location is between the airport and the Nadi town which works well for it.
Let down - The restaurant. There is only 1 - and the service is poor. Hardly any staff.

Dear Vikramchheda,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Mercure Nadi. It always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I'am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
It is obvious from the feedback you have provided that the hotels usual high service standards have not been met when you dinned at our Rokete Restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies for this uncharacteristic slip in our service levels. I can assure you the hotel prides itself on its level of service and to hear that we have fallen short on this occasion is very disappointing. I have reviewed the details of your feedback and spoken to the hotel’s Food & Beverage Manager to address your concerns, to avoid any future occurrences.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night before flying out. We thought the hotel was a bargain, the restaurant area has been recently renovated and the food was good value and well presented. The buffet breakfast was better value and had a much wider selection that we were receiving at a "4*" island resort! If you book in breakfast when you check in, it's about F$5 cheaper. The rooms were more than adequate for a one night stay. We had a double bed and a single, with a small TV and balcony overlooking the pool. Service staff were incredible, they went out of their way to help us and even offered us a complimentary 1pm late check out.

The only downside was the pool. It could be wonderful, however it was quite dirty which was a shame. There are 3 or 4 large day beds around the pool and a number of banana lounges. There was an old Australian couple there in their mid eighties and they struggled to step up onto the deck around the pool where the banana lounges were. If this area was cleaned up a little and some steps put in from the pool then this hotel would be 5* in my opinion for the money we paid (we paid AU$89 for the night)

Ohh and free shuttle to the airport! 70cents on the local bus into nadi or a F$5 taxi ride. And a large supermarket a short 4-5min walk, so great place to stay to load up on necessities before heading out to the islands!

• Stayed: May 2013
Jack W, General Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear 2Aussie,
Warm greetings from the team at Mercure Nadi. We absolutely thrilled that you had such a memorable time with us. We really appreciate the time you have taken to give us a comprehensive review and the tips to readers of Trip Advisor.
I have noted your comment regarding the cleanliness of the pool and I have addressed this issue with the relevant Head of Department.
Once again, 2Aussie, thank you for your comments. The team at Mercure Nadi looks forward to the day when you return, sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff were very friendly, attentive and accommodating.The rooms were clean and adequate. The pool was very clean. The breakfasts were good but the rest of the meals were very average. But apart form that I think I enjoyed my stay there more than I did the Soffitel. Denerau.

Dear MegWanaka_New...,
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience with us. I'am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to everyone, as we strive to continously improve the quality of all our guests, "stay experience". I have noted your concern regarding the "other meals". I have addressed this issue with our Executive Chef and I sincerely apologise for this occurrence.
MegWanaka_New..., once again we thank you for your comments and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a short stay: It is located close to the airport, rooms are clean, food is great, it has a lovely pool area, service was exactly as promised and excellent value. We were very impressed by it all.

Dear Botany,
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent stay with us. I'am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services, and overall guest stay experience.
Botany, thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had people stay here first and warn us and I thought they were over reacting until I stayed here.

There was no mattress protectors on the bed. Just a sheet with the mattress visible underneath. The pillows were stuffed with what seemed like rolled up socks. There where also no protectors on the pillows which were yellow.

The white bedding had marks on it, and my babies cot was wooden and out of a scary movie marked and starting to decay.

The people in our group staying in two seperate rooms got bite marks while sleeping. The showers were mouldy in all the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Anushka01

Dear Anushka01,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide all our guests a unique stay experience, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
I have noted your comments regarding the mattress protector, pillow and baby cot with our Head Housekeeper and I sincerely apologise for this occurence.
Once again we thank you for your comments and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.