$94
$150
$44
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$31
$33
$25
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshort stayclose to the airportrooms are cleanan overnight stayfree shuttlefiji timetransit hotelsupermarketbountymartintartaxispacific
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night before flying out. We thought the hotel was a bargain, the restaurant area has been recently renovated and the food was good value and well presented. The buffet breakfast was better value and had a much wider selection that we were receiving at a "4*" island resort! If you book in breakfast when you check in, it's about F$5 cheaper. The rooms were more than adequate for a one night stay. We had a double bed and a single, with a small TV and balcony overlooking the pool. Service staff were incredible, they went out of their way to help us and even offered us a complimentary 1pm late check out.

The only downside was the pool. It could be wonderful, however it was quite dirty which was a shame. There are 3 or 4 large day beds around the pool and a number of banana lounges. There was an old Australian couple there in their mid eighties and they struggled to step up onto the deck around the pool where the banana lounges were. If this area was cleaned up a little and some steps put in from the pool then this hotel would be 5* in my opinion for the money we paid (we paid AU$89 for the night)

Ohh and free shuttle to the airport! 70cents on the local bus into nadi or a F$5 taxi ride. And a large supermarket a short 4-5min walk, so great place to stay to load up on necessities before heading out to the islands!

• Stayed: May 2013
Jack W, General Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear 2Aussie,
Warm greetings from the team at Mercure Nadi. We absolutely thrilled that you had such a memorable time with us. We really appreciate the time you have taken to give us a comprehensive review and the tips to readers of Trip Advisor.
I have noted your comment regarding the cleanliness of the pool and I have addressed this issue with the relevant Head of Department.
Once again, 2Aussie, thank you for your comments. The team at Mercure Nadi looks forward to the day when you return, sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff were very friendly, attentive and accommodating.The rooms were clean and adequate. The pool was very clean. The breakfasts were good but the rest of the meals were very average. But apart form that I think I enjoyed my stay there more than I did the Soffitel. Denerau.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear MegWanaka_New...,
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience with us. I'am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to everyone, as we strive to continously improve the quality of all our guests, "stay experience". I have noted your concern regarding the "other meals". I have addressed this issue with our Executive Chef and I sincerely apologise for this occurrence.
MegWanaka_New..., once again we thank you for your comments and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a short stay: It is located close to the airport, rooms are clean, food is great, it has a lovely pool area, service was exactly as promised and excellent value. We were very impressed by it all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Botany,
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent stay with us. I'am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services, and overall guest stay experience.
Botany, thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had people stay here first and warn us and I thought they were over reacting until I stayed here.

There was no mattress protectors on the bed. Just a sheet with the mattress visible underneath. The pillows were stuffed with what seemed like rolled up socks. There where also no protectors on the pillows which were yellow.

The white bedding had marks on it, and my babies cot was wooden and out of a scary movie marked and starting to decay.

The people in our group staying in two seperate rooms got bite marks while sleeping. The showers were mouldy in all the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Anushka01

Dear Anushka01,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide all our guests a unique stay experience, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
I have noted your comments regarding the mattress protector, pillow and baby cot with our Head Housekeeper and I sincerely apologise for this occurence.
Once again we thank you for your comments and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Vinaka & Kind Regards

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Good location for 2 days or stop over.near the airport. Room was good n value for money. food was excellent and service apart from charging me double for our dinner on the first night.. luckily i check my bill and have to calculate twice n tell the staff. Overall is not bad better than i thought. internet was bad so slow n charge more than it should be... but i dont mind staying there again. i can recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: try to ask for 2 queen bed for biggger room like further away from the restaurant (near the spa) better rooms i reckon.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ganda23

Dear Ganda23,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I was pleased to read the rooms were comfortable and you had an excellent dining experience.
I will share your comments with the team and I'am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
However, I would like to apologise for the anomaly you identified in your billing. Please rest assured we have already addressed the issue to avoid any future occurrences. All our rooms have WiFi available, with a variety of plans to suit the needs of all our guests.
Ganda23, thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Vinaka & Kind Regards