“Not up to Mercure standards”
Review of Mercure Nadi

Mercure Nadi
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Brisbane, Australia
“Not up to Mercure standards”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here for free as our airline Air Pacific pushed our flights back a day early. I would highly recommend travelling the extra 10 minutes and staying in Denarau. There are plenty of beautiful resorts to choose from and you can walk around during the day and hotel hop and use their facilities. The rooms at the Mercure are very out dated and old, the hotel is very close to the airport and the staff are very friendly. Happy we only spent one night at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear J B,
Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincere apologies. At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide a superior stay experience for all our guests and your feedback is very important to us.
The upgrade of the hotel facilities and amenities is ongoing, this is a testament that our guests well being and stay experience remains a top priority for us.
Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be much more pleasant that the previous one.
Jack Work

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The reason why I stayed in this hotel is because I used my Accor checks, otherwise I would have stayed in the beach front, not far from there. The hotel is very simple in is not really value for money, the staff is very friendly and helpful tough.
Please note that the beach (dirt one)is far and if you wish to walk allow yourself one hour.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Rafael L,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide a superior guest experience for all our guests, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Rafael L, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Burton on Trent, England
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was reasonable value for money and was very handy for the airport. However we didn't think it was up to usual Mercure standards and the furnishings were a bit dated. Food in the restaurant and the service were good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is located on the main road between the international airport and the town of Nadi.

Its construction is closer to a motel than anything else. Three levels with exterior corridor. Small pool.

The staff was very nice and friendly.

The rooms are comfortable but featuring older amenities. Tiled floor, small private balcony. Small washroom with shower only. Older type of TV with Australian and other international channels. I had two single beds in my room.

The hotel as a very efficient, almost on demand, shuttle service to Nadi airport.

Hotel is located next door to a pretty decent grocery store. It has a souvenir shop with reasonable selection/price.

You can get to the Denarau area or to Nadi Town in 10 minutes by cab. You can also elect to walk.

Try Tu's Cafe across the street - lovely restaurant featuring Fijian specialties. Hotel also have a restaurant with reasonable prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank crew347
Dear crew347,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us. I'am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to both management and staff as we strive to improve the quality of all our guests stay experience.
We hope your next visit will be much more pleasant than the previous one.
Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are freshly renovated and clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Cannot fault this resort as a good stop over place but not a place I would want to spend a week. For a good meal nearby, the bounty restaurant is great!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sidtexas
Dear Sidtexas,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your feedback with the team and I'am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all the staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and stay experience of all our guests.
Rockdale, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

After returning to Nadi on the 12/02/13 & after spending 12 nights in Tuvalu, I had decided not to stay at my original accommodation booking alsewhere, after looking at other accommodation options around Nadi & without being impressed !!!! I didn't want to stay to far away from the airport, therefore I took the advice from the local taxi driver & we turned up at the MERCURE Hotel, taxi driver waited while I checked if there were any vacant rooms, driver paid & left. On talking to the guy behind the reception desk he suggested the special offer FJD $139.00 with breakfast, for my 2nd night I only paid for the room FJD $125.00 & wouldn't receive breakfast due to leaving the hotel early morning at 1:50am for my early flight to Tarawa in Kiribati, therfore at 6pm excepted the room offer & after giving some of my personal details with copy of my passport & also a security bond taken using my personal creditcard of FJD $414.00 in case I decide to run away without paying my bill !!!!! After all the paper work completed the porter helped with my suitcase to room 206 on the 2nd level. I had stayed here in 2004 under the old name the [ DOMINION INTERNATIONAL HOTEL ], the hotel room was spacious & a good Air-Conditioning System, presentation overall OK, a little dated in some area's, bathroom good with excellent water pressure & a few hotel toileteries i.e shampoo & body wash, tea & coffee facilities in the room, a TV, a large queen size bed with a extra single bed, small fridge & plenty of storage space, large sliding glass door leading onto the balcony with views of the outdoor pool & other rooms etc etc. Later after taking a well deserved shower & sorting out my personal stuff I decided to take a walk locally, soon got talking to some friendly locals. Later return to the hotel & ate a evening meal with fast service and not expensive, interacting with other guests & enjoying listening to all conversations with some interesting topics. the following day 13/02/13 just spent a relaxing day around Nadi Town & catching up with some local friends. Left the hotel early morning on the 14/02/13 & arrived at Nadi International Airport for my 2am check-in for Tarawa, a free airport transfer part of the deal..........

21 days later with my delayed departure flight from Tarawa in KIRIBATI I had missed my connecting flight on the 07/03/13 to Sydney Australia with Air Pacific, therefore after arriving 3 hrs late at Nadi Airport I went straight to the arrivals area & called into the Air-Pacific office & after explaining I'd missed my connecting flight they kindly arranged one nights accommodation back to the MERCURE NADI, taxi transfer arranged & given meal vouchers from Air-Pacific, arrived at the hotel at 5PM & given room 303 on the top level without any fuss, staff were very professional behind the reception desk & made me very welcome, meal vouchers explained & airport transfer arranged for 5:50am for the following morning, wake up call sorted out for 5:15am. Room 303 was very comfortable, later ate a evening meal with a young guy who had been on the same flight from Tarawa, we chatted & enjoyed each others company, later chatted with the hotel taxi drivers outside, a packaged breakfast made up for me & delivered to my room, excellent professional service & hope to return in the future....... NOT SURE WHEN !!!!!
Eventually got to the airport early on Friday 08/03/13 & without any delay caught my flight directly back to Sydney Australia flying with Air-Pacific, after travelling for the last 50 days visiting 3 countries in the pacific it was nice to be home.............

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Stephen N
Aussig
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is 10 min by car from the airport on the street from to Nadi. The cheapest rooms were in the ground floor and started around USD 80 without breakfast. The rooms are at the usual Mercure standard, clean and good equipped. The greatest flaw was the much to cool blowing central air condition (they can’t change that, there are rooms with technical equipment supplied by the same air ducts – bad planning), the only way to relieve it a bit is to turn the bars of the grille to the ceiling. There is a good midrange outdoor pool and an expansive patio-restaurant. The hotel is mostly frequented by arriving and departing people, thus in accordance to the flight plan is the most jostling in the morning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo