“Overnight at Mercure”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Manila, Philippines
“Overnight at Mercure”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

As always Mercure was the best decision for a quality overnight stay in Nadi. Close to the airport and close to groceries and food establishments. Cable TV was at par with other quality hotels in the accor group. No breakfast was included in my overnight stay - it was okay at this point since I was travelling to the airport very early - if I was on a leisure trip it would have definitely affected my rating on the value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NinoDal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The place is old and they are trying to modernise it but it's almost like if you have a car made in 60s and then you try to add bits and pieces from modern cars - its just not gonna work very well.
But for the price (and I paid around $80 as far as I remember) it was fine.

The swimming pool looks nice in photos, but the water was very cold when I was there in June and I didn't see anyone in there. The pool area looks nice at night.

But the food....
I ordered room service at night, and had breakfast in the morning.
Burgers had this really strange smell of burning oil or fat (may be kerosene?). Not palatable. And it was pink inside, which normally I probably wouldn't mind, but with this smell... I would not serve it to my guests. One reviewers here mentioned fast food - I don't agree - "the burgers are better at hungry jacks (burger king)".
For breakfast they can make all kind of fried eggs and omelettes but they don't look very good because are prepared on a barbeque. I even tried to have a look a bit closer at their kitchen to see what was that horrible smell emanating from my burger the night before but didnt see anything.
I really like eating croissants for my breakfast - this place was serving the worst croissants I ever had in my life, with a strange smell of oil or fat - whatever they used instead of butter to make them (or may it's not very good butter, not sure). It also could be the smell of the oven (eg trays or fuel, not sure).
At first I was thinking that it's probably the taste of Fiji (and I wasnt enjoying it at all) but then I stayed in two other places in Fiji and I was glad that it wasn't the case.

Room Tip: - if you get a transfer you need to find the guy with a van in a parking area, they don't normal...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Whilst the hotel was up to the usual Accor standard the experience of arriving and being told that my booking was not in the system despite being made and confirmed on the net three weeks previously from Hawaii was a very stressful event. Having to dig the confirmation out of my email, after paying $F5 for the 'pleasure' of getting on the net in the hotel lobby did not impress me at all. After the intial stress of thinking that I did not have a room for the night - despite the email confirmation from Accor - I was informed there was a room available and I was able to calm myself.
The reason I was given for not 'having a booking in the system despite the email confirmation' was that the booking system had problems following the cyclone damage weeks earlier. Some of that seemed to still be occuring given there seemed no access electronically by the Hotel to credit card payment. All in all this was not acceptable and the upgraded room offered didn't diminish the sense of poor management experienced. I would be interested to receive your response.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is very good for its value. Rooms are well equiped, clean, spacious, swimming pool is great. near by is 2 good restaurant Satir and Small Plates, just walk 3 mins. Rooms near swimming pool are so nice to sit in balcony and enjoy some cocktails ("hummer "cocktail is great). If wi-fi are important for you, wifi here is expensive (15MB limit for 5.40 FJD), can last approx 15mins)

Room Tip: room in ground floors and infront of swimming pool are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is the second time I stayed and this time was worse. The bathroom ceiling was leaking into mine and the rooms look tired not what I would expect from other standard Mercure. The upside is the location is handy for restaurants and clubs as its on a main road. The breakfast was not good from what one would expect. The service desk was prompt and great service. However the restaurant staff needs training in customer service as it is the worst I have seen. We sat waited 20minutes to be served for dinner and no one came though there was 4 of them wandering around. There was only x2 tables occupied by others but no one bothered to ask us so we left and went to a restaurant outside. Next day was the same I waited and waited and went to the bar myself to order a drink. Not a good experience and my other friends have had the same.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Katikati, New Zealand
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We spent one night here before flying out. We picked this hotel as its handy to shops,restaurants( do go to Tu's Place just down the street great food) and has a free airport shuttle bus.
The hotel is fine, clean room, bathroom, linen and towels good even though the place is looking a little tired.
Nice pool for a cool off dip.We had a pizza for lunch which was very tasty.
Staff were happy and helpful.
A good place to stay at the beginning or end of your holiday if a stopover is needed and at a reasonable rate.
We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hills50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Novotel Nadi
Novotel Nadi
#8 of 25 in Nadi
Nadi Bay Resort Hotel
Aquarius On The Beach
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay

Been to Mercure Nadi? Share your experiences!