“Stay at Mercure Nadi”
Review of Mercure Nadi

Mercure Nadi
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We still have to wait for the room service guy to clean the room. Also no welcome drinks come as they said to us while we wait the room to be cleaned

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank caustic_soda01

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Mercure Nadi. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide a superior service and guest experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrences.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm going to keep this short.
We stayed for one night, and was greatful it was only one night.
The staff were great.
The bed was horrible, the control for the air-con from the 1970s so there for hot and stuffy or freezing.
We had room service which was ok...
We will not be staying again.

Dear Sir/Madam,
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide a superior service and guest experience for everyone; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Reviewed June 15, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobo337

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here again on June 1st and 10th. Nothing has changed since my last visit. Complementory picked up from the airport to the hotel included. Check in was a simple process with no issues as we booked direct with the hotel. (much cheaper than the travel agencies). Sayed in rooms on the Nadi side 115 - 129 no issues whatsoever. Towels were supplied when asked for at the reception desk for the pool to cool off after the flight.There is a Jetpoint supermarket 250 meters down the road much cheaper than the Denaru marina. (turn left from the Hotel) and three restaurants (Chinese,Japanese and Thai) down a little further all within easy walking distance. If you don't feel like the walk down at night the restaurant on site has good quality meals. All staff working here are excellent from the front desk to the porters,bar and restaurant staff and the cook who mans the egg station in the morning. This is a 3 Star hotel (yes some of the areas do look a little dated) with 5 star staff that more than compemsate for the little things that don't match the high priced resorts at Denaru.If you want a great place to stay pre and post Island hopping I would recomend this to all tripadvisor members. I do hope some of the staff get to read this because they certainly make you fell welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms 115 -129 are the best from my 6 visit experiences
2  Thank greytravellerSydney

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Mercure Nadi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team. I'am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuosly improve the quality of your services.
Thankyou again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here on return from Yasawas. First impressions, good reception area and waiting room with Rosies Tours on site, and local Fijian women selling their wares during the day. Next door is a little shop and liquor store to get little bits and pieces, they also sell some clothing which are expensive.

Enjoyed my stay here, although the room allocated had a problem with the TV not working, so sent to another room, where the air conditioner did not work, while this could have been a major issue it didn't bother me as staff did there best to fix problem so this was great, hence the reason for the lower rating.

The pool area was not that inviting, maybe it could do with some more plants to hide the views of the other guest rooms overlooking it. The internet was expensive and used a local internet cafe instead.

Staff make up for some of the inconsistencies of these place, but others may not be so forgiving so make up your own mind

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Mercure Nadi. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations in a few areas; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide a superior guest experience for everyone, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measuresto address the problem and prevent future occurences.
Thankyou again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I come to Fiji regularly for work and will always stay here in Nadi. The main reason is because of the staff and also because it’s safe (I’m a solo female traveller so that’s important to me) . They’re always friendly and helpful and an asset to the company. The hotel itself is quite good but some of the rooms are looking a bit dated. Frustratingly whenever I have stayed here, the TV remote never works which I know is not a big deal for some people but I’m here on work and like to unwind in my room in the evening – the TV is also quite old looking. The AC system is outdated too with only 3 settings. There is a free shuttle bus which picks up people from international flights. The wi-fi here is expensive and sometimes doesn’t work so I would avoid using this at the hotel– there are plenty of internet places in Nadi. The food here is really good – I’ve never had a bad meal. There is a good drinks menu too and some good wine at the bar. There is a small shop on site but this is a touristy shop and expensive so I would walk to RB Patel which is just about 300m away (left out of the hotel). There is a better range in the supermarket too. By the supermarket is a small section of shops – an internet cafe, a private medical clinic, bakery etc. The room itself is big and clean and has a nice balcony. The only thing I find a little uncomfortable sometimes is the pillows which can be a bit lumpy. The pool area is nice and clean and the pool is good too.

I think overall the hotel could do with some modernisation – I stayed at Novotel in Suva (part of the Accor group) and that is a great hotel for a business traveller. The Novotel is only a little more expensive than the Mercure but I think quite a long way ahead.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sarah B
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thankyou for your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Nadi.It is always a pleasure a to receive positive feedback. However, on the same token I'd like to express my sincere apologies for a few experiences that did not meet your expectations.
I will share your comments with our team and I'am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services and overall guest experience. Thankyou for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be much more pleasant than the previous one.