Fiji Gateway Hotel
$106
$103
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$31
$26
  • Breakfast included
$72
1,326 results
All reviewsacross the roadnadi airportclose to the airportone nightfree shuttlelarge poollong layoveryour luggagean early flightbetween flightsgreat poolgreat stopoverflight homeplantation islandcurriesdeluxe rooman overnight stay
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel for an overnight stay. Good, clean accommodation, excellent transfers to and from the airport, nice restaurant with friendly service (no 'Fiji time', just lovely ladies always there to help). The curries are nice, the kokonda was delicious, the spicy prawn entree was excellent! We had an executive room which couldn't have been closer to the pool, very nice for a private swim with the pool all to myself in the early morning (fantastic water temperature and in the shade too at that time of day, great for the newly arrived to Fiji, not yet tanned people!). Just be aware of the fact that they often get late arrivals which can be noisy, I was woken up thinking someone was kicking coke cans around outside but eventually realized it was new people arriving, the noise was the porters with their luggage carts.

The best thing about Raffles? The fact that they are straight across from the airport and have air conditioning.... if you haven't been to Fiji in a while (or ever) you'll soon understand how welcome (and essential) that is once you clear the sauna, AKA customs.

Thanks for a great start in Fiji Raffles, we'll see you again in March next year, looking forward to it!

Room Tip: It's worth upgrading to the Executive rooms if you're travelling as a couple.
1  Thank Dianz
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had one night at this hotel, and that was too much. It's a convenient location for a stop over because it is literally across the street from the airport. The problems started as soon as I walked in my room, I had no electricity in my room for about 40 minutes. The manager told me that they were having problems in that wing all day with electricity. When I asked to be moved to another room, he said no. I stayed in a deluxe room, it was very big, but not very clean.

My room was located near the staff closet/room, and I got woken up at 6am from this constant banging and muffles of noise. They were SO loud.

The shower was very dirty and the bathroom sink was clogged - It was full of water when I walked in.

The food is alright, the fish was a bit overcooked, the prawns were amazing though! The worst was that I felt so rushed eating, I was taking my time (as I was alone, and well nothing else to do), and they kept coming over and asking if I was done yet. It felt as if it was every 5 minutes they did that. Then I went to the gift shop, again, nothing else to do, and the worker was practically on top of me, following me around as if I would steal something. I wasn't even carrying a purse, and had a little dress on. Where would I even hide something? The worst is, there were other people in there, and she did not leave my side.

There are a few hotels close to the airport, so I wouldn't go to this one again. I just had such a bad experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the corner room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Milica3
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel 7 times now, each time as a stopover to/from an island destination or our flight home.

We have stayed in the standard rooms, executive rooms and suites. I now choose the suites as they are on the ground floor and bigger. I prefer the suites so I don't have to carry luggage when leaving. We tend to catch the 9am Qantas flight back to Aus, so being able to walk out of the room with our bags and be checked out within 5 mins is a stress free bonus and something I prefer. The hotel does have porters who carry your bags, if you have the spare 10-15 mins to wait. We always tend to run late... hence our room choice. Note: the executive rooms face the pool.

The airport is a 10 min walk or 2 min shuttle ride away - basically across the road. You can see the planes from the pool area. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to/from the airport.

In all the times I have been at Raffles I have heard very little plane noise. I usually arrive at the hotel at about 3-4pm and leave by 8am. I am a light sleeper, but sleep comfortably and soundly at this hotel.

I would rate this hotel at 3 star. It is not a top end resort. In saying that, it is clean and comfortable. The food has always been very good. There are 2 pools, one with a slide. There are also 2 billiard tables next to the bar. It is more than adequate for a layover stop.

There is a supermarket, MH Store at Namaka - a 5 min drive from Raffles. Its opening hours are Mon - Sat 8am to 8pm, Sunday 8am - 6pm. It has a bakery & small bottleshop attached to the supermarket. Note that liquor prices are much higher than duty free prices. A taxi to/from Namaka including waiting time will cost you $10-15 fijian. The supermarket is large and has everything. I always make a pit stop at the supermarket and stock up on snacks and some soft drinks before heading out to the islands.

The staff have always been friendly and helpful.

This hotel is a 20-25 min taxi ride from Denarau Mariner. A taxi to/from the mariner costs F$20-25. **Always ask for the price upfront before hopping into a taxi as many don't have meters.

I recommend this hotel as a place to stay as a stopover to/from the airport or an island destination.

Happy travels

4  Thank Schwabbie
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We needed somewhere around the airport to stay after coming in from the islands in the late afternoon before transferring to our next destination the following day. We had stayed at Raffles several times before and can't say that these experiences then were very good. It has been quite a number of years and decided to brave it. This time however that changed.
The newly refurbished rooms and other ares of the hotel have made a vast difference. The rooms were clean and comfortable but wish they wouldn't put air cons right above the bed so you wake up freezing. The size of the air con and the size of the room means that it could be placed elsewhere and still cool the who sleeping area. So many resort do this. The dining area was very nice as was the food. Noise at night had been a negative factor on previous stays but this time it was quiet. We had a late morning pickup next day and were able to stay in our room till 11 which helped. The staff were friendly and the service good. Perhaps more comfortable seating in the foyer would be an idea as the seats are not that comfortable if you are waiting for your transfer to arrive.

Room Tip: If you want quiet get away from the pool area.
4  Thank HOOKED ON FIJI
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Have always used raffles as a stopover hotel when in nadi as it is in an excellent location it is reasonably priced and the kids love the pool.
However we had not visited for a number of years and were pretty shocked by the grubbiness of our room . I was wiping visible finger prints and grime of fixtures particularly light switches as they looked revolting. The room came complete with cockroaches and they were not the big native ones just the usual little ones attracted by dirt. Ordered of the room service menu which was also really poor. Would most likely give it a miss and go straight to outer islands next time unless there is a change back to the old standards

• Stayed: July 2012