“Wonderful, wonderful staff”

Ranked #4 of 21 Nadi B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful, wonderful staff”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a basic clean budget accommodation but what makes it so wonderful are the friendly staff. They get to know your name and always take the time to talk to you and make you feel welcome. The cleaning staff, especially Emily are terrific, Joe the pool/garden guy, Sisi, Nancy and Rebeka at the front desk, even the night staff are ready with a welcoming smile asking how your day was. This is a terrific place to transit if you are spending a night or two in the Nadi area.

Room Tip: We were in the Orchid rooms at the back which might be quieter than the ones nearer the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank socwal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place is cheap and cheerful, very quiet location, cheap laundry facilities
Rooms are basic, great place to base yourself and explore, beware of the odd creapy crawlies in the room, all hamless, air con good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Sosi T
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We used the Sandalwood Lodge twice. After a late arrival and the night before our departure. It is a nice and quiet place which offers everything you need.
A nice pool, a little kitchen in your room, as they do not serve any food. This is not an issue as there is a supermarket about 5 minutes walk away.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The driver drove me to a store at 11pm to get some food and drinks After our late arrival.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Berickus
port vila
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Every since i was a child my family and i have travelled to and from fiji due to my dads job and on every trip we would spend several nights at sandelwood lodge, and now i have a family of my own we still travel to and from fiji because of our studies and work we still choose sandelwood as a place to stay. It has a very friendly stuff, it is clean, it has all the basic ammenities that a family requires, the stuffs are very helpful and it is a very safe environment. For all my travels i will continue to stay at sandelwood due to my long and good experinces with it .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank zere19
Bribie Island, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here at the start of a 7 week adventure to Canada from Australia. My stay was meant for 10 days but turned into 9 as I was a day late due to missing a connecting flight. Amazingly, I was not charged for my night I missed, even tho the place was FULL and Sandalwood missed out on a night's acc fee. I had stayed here before and the only reason I had not returned was because I wanted to experience all Fiji, from the Northern Yasawas to the Centre of Fiji and outer islands.
Coming back was like coming home.
The acc is extremely good value for money. Self catering is easy here and it doesnt matter what time you want your morning cuppa and brekkie, its up to you. My favourite restaurants are nearby, particularly Tu's Place, Dakou, Anne's, all within walking distance. As is internet, F$3 per hour (but quite slow) and of course Jet Point Supermarket which is easy to shop from and carry foods home (take the sneaky back way, its quicker).
Altho some of the rooms would enjoy a revamp, everything is CLEAN!! Prior to this stay I was in upstairs acc with private balcony. This is fine, but if you want to mix with other guests, then downstairs is the way to go and I found lots of new friends.
Ask about the University which does catering school and you can book a 3 x course meal for F$7!! This is up nearish to the airport, bus ride or taxi.
As the rates are already extremely good value, I would suggest you book directly with Sandalwood, rather than an agent, so that the Lodge does not lose the booking %. They deserve it. Sandalwood is a very community minded place and does a lot of good work for less fortunates which is lovely to see.
Now I have travelled and experienced Fiji to such an extent, I am going to make here my base for Winter for a month during August each year when Brisbane gets a bit cool at night and take the odd day trips out to the Islands, being picked up and dropped off door to door.
As a return guest, I was invited to lunch by Angela, one of the owners, with a group of other returnees which was really nice of them. I dont know how they make money at the rates they charge and the extras they offer. If you have room in your suitcase, I suggest taking some items out for staff, their chidren or local schools which they will receive very humbly. Its a really feel good thing to do :)
Tip: Dont forget to return the key, its quite heavy and costs a bit to mail back LOL!

Room Tip: Upstairs for more privacy, Downstairs for more Social, altho downstairs you can hear the scraping of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank JubblyOnBribie
Suva
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This has been one my many stays over the years whilst visiting Nadi, nice comfortable and convenient to restaurants, shopping centers. Has shuttle transport to and from Nadi Airport. Rooms are decent and clean and with kitchenette facilities: the recommendation is to get the upper floor rooms as frequent departures of the shuttle etc can make the lower floor rooms (especially those close to the reception) a tad noisy at nite. Overall a very nice stay, one of many. The hotel should start a renovation project for the older rooms.

Room Tip: choose the rooms on the upper floors and preferably in the 300 number series.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank raobhask
Beachmere, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here on our first and last nights in Fiji. Was very convenient with the free airport shuttle - we were picked up promptly, driver was very friendly. Again at the end we were promptly escorted to the airport for our early flight home.

Location is safe, surrounded by houses and a couple of other hotels, convenient to the main Queens Road (but I guarantee there is NO noise), near a large supermarket, chemist, take away food. Easy 5 minute walk to all of this. Also there's a bus stop at the supermarket which takes you into Nadi town for 70c adults one way. Kids were free.

On site - lovely pool, kids enjoyed jumping in and there's a beach area where the adults enjoyed relaxing in foot deep water.

But the room, oh the room....we were upstairs in the family room for 6. We had a double bed and 4 singles. The kids fitted but my 5'10" friend had her feet dangling over the edge so had to sleep with her legs bent. The beds had springs popping out everywhere. The pillows were the worst I have EVER encountered - they were made of small bits of foam and were stained, oh, just disgusting! We put our beach towels over them to help, good idea to BYO pillow. The bathroom was tiny, mouldy, dirty, and the door kept locking so you couldn't get out - had to leave it ajar when using the bathroom! The aircon worked but was extremely noisy. TV worked. We bought icecream which we found had melted after 1 hour in the freezer - so we ate soft serve ice cream! Had a 2 cooker stove which only 1 cooker worked, but the kettle and toaster were okay. Enough plates/cutlery etc for 6 people. They gave us 2 towels for 6 people. After about 4 requests for more, we got 2 more, they kept saying they had no more, yet I'm sure there were only about 5 families staying - there were plenty of vacant rooms. We ended up having to use the beach towels we bought with us. Lucky we bought them!

For 6 of us this was a cheap stay, it was $120FJ (about $60 Australian/US) but we agreed that next time we'd rather pay a bit more and stay somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank TheAussieBeachBums

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels