“Probably better for family holiday than business trip”

Tokatoka Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Melbourne, Australia
“Probably better for family holiday than business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

My two night stay was strictly business, The convenience of the Tokatoka resort to Nadi Airport and excellent pick-up/drop off service, made this a no-brainer.

The resort facilities would appeal to young families and as a good start or end point for tourists to Fiji, especially if they were staying some distance away and had to make travel connections.

Accommodation is in well built and very comfortable individual cabins. However I found myself with a lively young family right next door; not intrusive but a surprise for a business traveler.

Food was pretty mundane - perfectly edible and nutritious, but not inspiring.

Staff are absolutely delightful, polite and helpful.

Swimming pool is large, clean and well maintained. I even tried the water slide (you are only 55 once!)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgeEdmonds
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear George Edmonds,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again for taking out your time to post this review.

It is pleasing to note that overall you had a pleasant stay which has been shared with the team. I have also noted your feedback for room for improvement with regards to Food & Beverage.

With regards to rooms, we do have Executive Suites for Business Guests. You most welcome to contact me on rkant@warwickhotels.com for your return visit and I will ensure that you are looked after.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
Gladstone, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our family of 6 stayed at the Tokotoka for 3 nights and we all really enjoyed our time there. The interconnecting rooms were great with plenty of room for everyone. The kids had a ball collecting coconuts with the gardeners who would then cut them open and put straws in for them to drink the milk before handing to the chef to slice up for them. We jumped on a bus for $1 which took us into town to look around (special thanks to Earon, the waiter, who helped us get to the temple and showed us around). I've never stayed anywhere where all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Even when we left and went to an island resort and I had to leave my family to go back home for a family emergency the staff at the Tokatoka once again made me feel very welcomed there instead of having to wait at the airport for my flight. Will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy B
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Tammy B,

Nice review which will be beneficial to other travelers, thank you! Staff are always on the lookout for opportunities to enhance our guest stay and create a memorable experience. They would be pleased to read your comments and yes, we do have something for everyone in terms accommodation.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again for taking out your time to share your experience.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back to Tokatoka Resort Hotel, Nadi.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just spent 15 chilled out days at Tokatoka, couldn't have wished for a more incredibly
welcoming atmosphere, occasion was my mum's 82nd birthday and she was truly pampered by
staff and wonderful GM Rohit, great attention to detail starting with champagne birthday breakfast and song from beautiful caring staff and the day just got better!

Hotel offers everything anyone would want, 3 mins to airport, 10 mins to Nadi town, Rosie's
tour desk in lobby for island adventures, Jack's shop for everything you forgot...mum forgot
her toothbrush!

Food and drinks of good quality and value for money, and wine selection great!

Stayed in spacious 1 brm villa which gave mum & I separate sleeping spaces, special thanks
to our house lady Lani who looked after our room and kept it spotless and well stocked, we
didn't have to ask for anything!

I had read not so good recent reviews but i'm sure if they had brought their concerns to the
management they would have been rectified immediately. They are so genuinely obliging,
caring people who just want their valued guests to feel they belong and have a wonderful
memorable stay.

Many thanks to all, we look forward to returning for our Xmas vacation, VINAKA!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jenny R,

Wonderful review, thank you! It was nice to have your mum on her special occasion. Our staff are always committed to make the difference and enhance guest stay in every possible way. Lani will be delighted to see her name in this review on the staff notice board.

Your have rightly mentioned the unique selling points of the Resort and guest staying for longer periods are able to fully experience what we have on offer. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty.

Thank you for sharing you experience and we look forward to welcome you back for your Christmas vacation!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

i have stayed here a a few times now( over 6 times this year alone not to mention countless times over the yeas) and have must say that on my last visit, i was extremely disappointed with the level of service i received.

Here is my complaints below:

I had to move rooms on one day which was fine, i was told the room was ready and i could move there, so i did. I was not helped by porters and had to carry my bags halfway across the resort. When i got to the room, it was dirty, dead cockroaches, the room hadn't been swept or mopped and it looked like it had been used and not refreshed.

I called reception and they apologized and said they will send a housekeeper straightaway. I placed that call at 9.45am, housekeeper turned up at 1.45pm after i had to call reception to remind them.

I also asked to use the carport near the rooms with reception, I was politely told NO as i was told "management does not allow this". That was fine with me until i had a chat with the room next door only to find out that he was allowed to park his car out the back and he had asked reception the same day i did. It seems only certain people get special treatment?? Well i think i could qualify for special treatment since i am a regular visitor to this resort.

I love staying at this resort but after my last encounter, i don't know if i will return again and not sure if i will recommend it to anyone now.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mzzy Moo x,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and we did not live up to your expectations on your last visit. Your comments have been passed on to all of the relevant departments to discuss with their team members to take on board. On this occasion we seem to have fallen short and for this we apologize.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty over the years. I have been here 6 months and it is unfortunate that we did not meet as I am always out and about. Would be nice to catch up on your return visit. With regards to the car park closer to the rooms, not sure what happened. I will investigate. We do have a policy for this car parking area however we are always flexible.

We appreciate that everyone has their personal preferences when it comes to choosing a Resort for their holidays or business trips and should you consider us on your return visit, please let me know and we will take special care of you. I can be contacted via e mail rkant@warwickhotels.com

Thanks you once again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Rohit the Resort Manager was very available and made us feel welcome on our arrival, the room we had was quite comfortable and clean. And although we only stayed one night each way we will stay there again, the only reason I have not given it 5 stars is because although I'm sure they try really hard, the food really needs a better chef, particularly when it comes to cooking steak. Apart from that, very clean, friendly place. Happy to stay again.

Room Tip: Ground floor away from pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Paul L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again for taking out your valuable time to post this review.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I will surely be working with the Chef on his steak where we fell short.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here on 2 occasions during our time in Fiji; both before and after our trip to the other islands. Our experience from the first occasion was what we expected for price paid but the second was disappointing. We booked a studio both times and were allocated different units each time; the first was a studio unit on the grounds of the hotel and the second was a hotel room facing the road.

Positives:
Free airport shuttle
Close to airport
Bus to Nadi leaves from outside hotel, costs $1pp

Negatives
No information in the rooms - were not aware of any of the hotel services as there is no information provided
Low water pressure in shower
Very thin walls - can hear everything that is happening next door whichever room you are in. When in the hotel room, we did not sleep the entire night as could hear traffic, noise from room next door and planes all night.
Restaurant - we wanted a snack one evening so ordered a portion of potato wedges. The portion cost FJD13 but they provided no more than a handful of wedges. Equivalent portions in Aus and NZ (for lower price) contain at least 4-5 times the quantity. Chose to eat out for all other meals
Spa prices are stupidly expensive. We always expect them to be slightly higher in hotels compared to the city but the prices here were 5 times more than those in Nadi and double the prices of the spas in hotels on the Yasawas too. I had multiple treatments done in Nadi instead.

This hotel is not 5 star so I am puzzled why they price their food and services the same as 5 star establishments - they need to reconsider this. I have rated as average as was happy with what we got on our initial visit but would give maximum 2 stars if I were to base on my second stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear innocent26,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again for your valuable time to post this review.

It is pleasing to note that you were satisfied with the location, accommodation, friendly staff and surrounding. I have noted your feedback for room for improvement which is taken on board and will be reviewed with the respective teams. We apologize for where we fell short of mark on this occasion.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back so we can serve you better in future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We booked the Tokatoka for one night as our flight arrived late afternoon and our connecting flight departed early the next morning. The location, we thought, would make this hotel a good choice for a one night stopover. The hotel's car was waiting for us and whisked us away for the one minute transfer across the road. The van was old and ripped, but that hardly mattered for such a short trip. Check in was smooth.

On first sight, the room was adequate - but the muddy water in the bath and dirt splattered towels did not impress. These were quickly rectified and put down to the roof being cleaned earlier that day. Otherwise the room was spacious, clean and fine for a one night stay. Air con was good. The restaurant was ok for one night's meal, although only one highchair was available despite our group needing three.

Now for the huge BUT. Before we arrived with our two babies, we had booked two cots. The hotel confirmed by email that these would be provided. Neither were in the room on arrival but both appeared when we reminded them of the request. However, only one was a proper portacot. The other was best described as a broken laundry trolley type contraption with metal bits sticking out, onto which was affixed some netting to make a cot of sorts. We were not happy about the safety aspect of this cot but were told nothing else was available. As it was late and our babies were tired, and since the entire point of the stay was to get them to bed early for the next flight, we put them to bed. Our daughter had just fallen asleep when the cot collapsed, throwing her out onto the wooden floor and smashing her head. The hotel next spent an hour trying to repair the broken laundry trolley cot before admitting it was unsafe. Another hour passed as they scrambled to collect a proper cot from another hotel. By this time it was nearly 11pm and our baby was still awake and hysterical. The entire value of staying at the hotel was undermined since we got just a few hours sleep before leaving the next day. Management promised to contact me the next day to discuss the issue but I never received any follow up. I was appalled by the entire incident.

All in all, this hotel would be ok for a one night stay for a couple with no kids. If you have kids, especially more than one, the lack of highchairs and safe cots is totally unacceptable and you should go anywhere but here,

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank VSwan
Dear VSwan,

Thank you for your review. I offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused with regards to the baby cot. Guest safety and security is of paramount importance to us. We have thoroughly inspected all the stock we have and have purchased additional baby cots, high chairs and prams for our guest use. Other areas of concern is taken on board as feedback for room for improvement. Unfortunately your stay coincided with the major renovation at the hotel..

We appreciate that everyone has their personal preferences when it comes to choosing a resort for their holidays and should you decide to visit Fiji once again and consider Tokatoka Resort Hotel, please let me know and we will take special care of you. I can be contacted via e mail rkant@warwickhotels.com.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,066 reviews
Mercure Nadi
Mercure Nadi
#10 of 26 in Nadi

Been to Tokatoka Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!