“Gorgeous! A must see”

$89.54*
Full-Day Tour Including Garden of the Sleeping Giant, Mud Baths and Nadi Town
$60.88*
and up
Half-Day Sightseeing Tour from Nadi Including Local Village and Garden of the...
$120.23*
Full-Day Waterfall and Medicinal Trail Tour
Ranked #2 of 52 things to do in Nadi
More attraction details
Owner description: Wander through this incredible plantation of over 2000 different types of orchids, started in 1977 by the late actor Raymond Burr, of Perry Mason and Ironsides fame.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went in a group of 8 for a hens holiday & had a fabulous time! Stunning views, friendly staff. We finished it with a hike right to the top of the hill, it was a very hot and sunny day so we were panting when we arrived, worth every second :)

There are newer reviews for Garden of the Sleeping Giant

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I'd definitely recommend this if you're planning to go to the mud pools as the two are practically 5 minutes away. The both go down the same road, so I'd go here first (while you're clean) and the mud pools next.

The gardens are really beautiful. Really, really beautiful. I have to admit it's not what I expected though. Instead of going through the gardens in any which direction, you follow a timber trail on a circuit around the gardens in a loop and shortly you're back at the beginning. It's not gonna take you long here to see what's on offer - maybe an hour tops with your complimentary drink at the end. They offer guides, but we just went on our own. Toilets here weren't very clean and pretty worn down. I can't remember if there was food available here - but there's plenty of seating room which makes me think there is - but I'm not 100% sure.

Cost is $16 FJD, which isn't a lot. It's maintained very well and you get a free drink at the end, even if it's just a fancy cordial fruit drink. People into gardens would love it, but worth a look even if you aren't.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We visited these gardens for the second time last week. They are still lovely and very well maintained. I am not overly knowledgable about orchids, but could still appreciate their beauty; and I do understand how temperamental orchids can be! The walk is fairly short but can be steep and slippery for those with difficulties walking. An hour spent here is well worth while. We combined this visit with other attractions in the area for a great afternoon out. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

amazing number of orchids; lovely lush gardens. You can wonder around for hours. a bit of a warning - do not take a pusher as the path a boardwalk with lots and lots of steps. Don't let wet weather put you off, take an umbrella and enjoy the colours

1  Thank Cate M
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Gardens of the sleeping giants has the most amazing selection of flowers particularly orchids i had ever seen. It's an easy walk amongst the garden even in hot humid weather conditions, where you are given a tour with a guide and time to take lots of photos. Afterwards, they provide a refreshing drink and chairs to relax.