“Unexpected”
Review of Novotel Nadi

Novotel Nadi
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed November 27, 2009

As I travel a lot on the job, I have stayed in quite a few novotels. This one is by far the best, the staff is friendly, the rooms (at least the exec. ones) and beautiful surroundings.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Finn54
NovotelNadi, Ecommerce Sales Agent at Novotel Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2009

Bula & Greetings from Novotel Nadi

From all the team here we thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Nadi. I will share your positive comments with the team as they would appreciate this.
Ecommerce Sales Agent

There are newer reviews for Novotel Nadi

Reviewed November 6, 2009

Beautiful property, quiet and spacious grounds, nice view of hills, comfortable air-conditioned room, pleasant staff, lovely swimming pool, nice breakfast, convenient location near airport with free shuttle, BUT internet access is NOT free. It is $10 Fijian dollars per 30 minutes, and may be available ONLY in the lobby and restaurant areas. Information in the room is not current regarding internet access. Otherwise, highly recommended.

2  Thank entj1
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Great Gym. Breakfast was good. Chef cooks it to your liking if needed. Staff OK. internet = FJD 5.50 for a half hour. Pool is OK, private location and nice place to loose some hours. Rooms were more than OK, bath is a little small, but the views were fine. The only downsides is that I got told there is a free hotel bus to the airport but was at crazy hours. But this is OK, as the airport is only a cheap cab ride away.
The other annoying this is that my room had a door that joined to the next room. It blocked out the sound, well I hope it did, however I hate these doors. Remove them and block up the holes!
I will deffo go back, and for the price it well worth it. Thanks for a nice stay. Also, take care if you get a rental car, in Fiji it seems the excess is FJD 2,000 with no way to reduce this down.

2  Thank RumAndCoke55
NovotelNadi, Jyoti Sharma, Ecommerce Sales Agent at Novotel Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2009

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. We appreciate feedback like this to share with the team and to ensure we are hitting the consistant high standards that is expected by the Novotel Nadi. I will share your positive service comments with the team as they would appreciate this.

Reviewed October 27, 2009

After reading the reviews here before leaving. I was a little unsure as to how our 6 nights at this Hotel were going to be. We actually enjoyed it and would recommend it as a top notch place to stay if you're transiting from the airport.
We did a Liveaboard dive trip for 10 days. Due to the flight schedules, we had to stay in Nadi for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip and 4 nights on the other end.
The first thing we needed was to find the shuttle for the Hotel after arriving. We walked out of the airport to the shuttle area and asked one of the shuttle drivers where to get the Hotel Nadi shuttle. He said it had just left but it returned for us in about 10 minutes.
I'd say it was about 5 minutes to the Hotel.
We were upgraded to a very nice room with a view of the mountains, King bed, internet connection and small refrigerator.
The grounds are nice, large pool with a phone in a small cubby that allows you to order food and drink from the bar/restaurant.
The breakfasts were good. Lots of choices and omelttes made to order. Being a meat and potatoes kind of guy, I wasn't too high on the lunch and dinner menu. There were some items that we liked. Fish and chips was good. And the Pizza was our favorite. We ended up having several.
Since we were going to be there 4 nights on the return, we hired a Taxi to take us into town which was about a 5 minute ride.
Huge grocery store. With a bottle shop next door as well as a bakery. And lots of small restaurants too. We were going to grab some KFC but it was closed. We could never get the story from either of the cab drivers as to why. They seem to subscribe to the when in doubt mumble approach. I think it was like $9.00 US RT. And he waited for us to shop which was great.
I had some back spasms out of the blue as well. The cab driver took me into a phamacy. They sold me muscle relaxer and asprin with codeine. Nice not to need a perscription when out of the country.
There is not a whole lot to do at the Hotel. There is a small golf course that is complimentary but I don't golf so...We hired a cab for 1/2 a day to tour the sights. I think the highlight was the Orchid gardens near sleeping giants. We also visited a small village with the normal tourists trinkets for sale. I wonder why they don't make more things themselves. I'd think they'd sell more stuff.
We did have a problem with the cab drivers. Nothing major but just be sure to settle on charges before leaving. In the big picture it was no big deal as hiring a cab in the US for 1/2 a day would be a lot more than $50 or $60.
There are several small stores on site. You can buy the sundries you forgot or run out of as well as snacks, beer, wine and liquor.
Room was cleaned and quiet. Even being that close to the airport. The AC in our first room wasn't working so the quickly moved us to another room.
So, overall it's a nice quiet place to stay. If you are the layed back (read lazy) type, you'll really enjoy lounging by the pool, reading a book or surfing the web. They do have an activities desk with tons of active things to do if you are so inclined.

3  Thank randapex
NovotelNadi, Ecommerce Sales Agent at Novotel Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2009

Reviewed October 9, 2009

Bula all, Well I stayed at the Novotel for 2 months!! I felt like one of the family there.
The people are genuine and the service is great.
After staying there i have put myself on a diet ! as 2 mths of cooked breakfasts from my fijian mum Inise has not helped the waist line .....Ini took care of me and made me feel like part of the Novotel family, shes a great asset.
I recommend the deluxe rooms as they have a good view .There where how ever a few small things that i feel I will put down purely to bring it to Novotels attention.
Firstly the shower grew mould gradually during my stay even after advising the cleaning staff, A bit of elbow grease and bleach required. Secondly the buffet breakfast was good, but the dinners where a bit average and pricey, the pork was on a bed of chow/2 minute noodles and the price $37 ??
Last but not least the pool needs a good scrub around the sides as the sweety white scum build up is very visible to the patrons and not very inviting.
I am going to miss all the staff and I hope to catch up with them soon.

Kind regards
Richard ( Pac Blue)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Helieng

Bula & Greetings from Novotel Nadi From all the team here we thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Nadi and thank you for the time taken to write your Trip Advisor review.

You have commented on the bathrooms and pool as an area of improvement which we are currently working to improve. The hotel is currently undertaking a full maintenance service of all rooms in the hotel to correct any faults.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at Novotel for 2 nights. When I booked I thought it would be good to see a different part of Fiji before we left but there is nothing to do there. Boring. The only thing to do is pay $10 for a taxi to Nadi town but we stayed on a Sat and Sun and reception told us shops are close on the weekend, so there would have been no point. Breakfast was really good. Hot brekkie, the usual, bacon, eggs, omelette, hash browns or a healthy brekkie, yogurt, fruit fresh juice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jayjays86

Bula from Novotel Nadi We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Nadi. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
The tour desk at the hotel reception offers a wide variety of activities both in Nadi & surrounding areas to choose from.
Your wonderful comments regarding our breakfast is very much appreciated.
Ecommerce Sales Agent

Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed at the Novotel for one night before going to the islands and a second night before flying back to Australia. I found everything to be great for a short stay. The staff were friendly and professional. The room on our first night was a per a previous post, alternating from sauna to freezer but with a different room on the 2nd night it was perfect. Luck of the draw I guess. The rooms were well appointed and the beds were comfortable and fortunately we had no issues with hot water.

I agree with some previous posts that the scrambled eggs at breakfast were a little less than desirable but on our 2nd breakfast before flying home, we loved the fact that the restaurant had a cook set up on the verandah for sunny side up, over easy or well done. Brought to the table when ready. Oh and if you do stay, please try the fish Linguini. It was absolutely delicious. One of the best meals we had in Fiji.

My only issue with the Novotel is that when we arrived in Nadi and waited 45 minutes for the shuttle to show up we were told that we would have to wait for it to come back again as they would only take the Pacific Blue air crew on the first trip despite being almost empty. No other passengers allowed because of the terms of the contract. It was only an additional 20 minute wait but made us feel undesidered as guests.

Overall the standard of the hotel was good and you can get some really good rates to stay here. Overnight was just fine. But location wise I would be a little bored after a couple of days as there really isn't much nearby.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
jyotisharma, Jyoti Sharma ,Guest Relations at Novotel Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2009

Bula & Greetings from Novotel Nadi

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Novotel Nadi.

You have highlighted our bus transfer as an area where improvement is required. We currently do have a number of commitments but only on a rare occasion the bus does not return to airport prior to guest clearing the airport customs. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We appreciate your feedback as is invaluable for the hotel ensuring we meet all guest standards and promoting an improved service culture

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
Nadi Bay Resort Hotel
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Novotel Nadi? Share your experiences!