“Clean and affordable”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Suva, Fiji
“Clean and affordable”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times, best if you book the executive rooms. Not so expensive, compared to the normal rooms. Normal rooms are cheaper but if you stayed on the ground floor, and there's a noisy guest upstairs, you'll get no sleep. Otherwise, great for a short stop. Longest I stayed here was for a week, the breakfast is great and also food here in general. Good burgers :-), and have a relaxing mode. Great for staying on business trip.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jack W, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear KAY-M3006,
We highly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I'am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we work together to continuously improve the quality of our services and guest stay experience.
KAY-M3006, thank you again for your comments. The team at Novotel Nadi looks forward to the day when you will return.
Vinaka & Kind Regards
Jack Work

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mosman, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Room was clean, staff polite and effective. Rate appropriate AUD100 p/n. Pool OK. You wouldn't use this hotel for a resort holiday but seems fine for conferences and aircrew. Didn't experience the poor experiences that others seem to.

Room Tip: Close to Nadi airport for late arrivals or early departures.
Dear Beresford_Bear,
Thank you, we really appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with positive comment. I was pleased to read of your positive stay experience. I was also delighted to read your positive comments about our staff. They seriously love coming to work and engaging with our guests and I'am sure your feedback, will serve as an encouragement to them, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our guest stay experiences.
Thank you again for your comments, we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Vinaka & Kind Regards
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Booked superior room - was given a standard "rundown" room. When I questioned the staff, he asked me to prove to him that I paid for the superior room. Made me open my suitcases as I had to find the printout of my booking. Asked for the Manager to explain this unpleasant experience - the gutless manager sent a data entry staff to say sorry for the misunderstanding. Now we know why this place is such a "dump" - led by an incompetent person. We have been regular at this place but this was our last stay here. Honestly speaking, don't bother eating at this place - better off having a meal across the road at New World Coffee Shop - 1/10th of the price and much better than the hotel crap. Not upto Novotel standard - change in management needed so that problems can be fixed at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jack W, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Fijitravellers,
Thank you for taking the time to provide some comments regarding your recent stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guests as feedback is vital for us to continue improving our service and maintaining our commitment to superior guest experiences.
On behalf of the team at Novotel Nadi, I would like to convey my most sincere apologies that your stay was not as expected. It is disappointing to hear that you were dissatisfied with the level of service provided during your stay. The constructive remarks you offered has enabled the senior management of the hotel, to work closely with our middle level managers; i.e. Duty Managers, to ensure they understand the value of our guests and the importance of them having a positive stay experience, always. I have personally addressed this matter with the hotel's Duty Manager, whom you have highlighted in your commentary and the Guest Service Attendant; both have asked me to convey their sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Fijitravellers, we do believe strongly in providing the highest possible level of service to all our guests and I hope that despite your previous experience, we will be given the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Jack Work

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Arriving in Fiji too late for transfer to Mana and also an early departure from Nadi on our way home led us to stay at the Novotel. We have stayed there before and also at the Raddison. It was the price that won us over and the minimal amount of time we would be there for.
We arrived late at night and were shown to our room promptly, had to ask 3 times for the rollaway that was actually listed on booking. We ate a quick and adequate dinner in the restaurant. After a good night sleep the resort arranged a taxi to take us to Denarau.
Upon our return from Mana our experience was not so good, requested pool towels about 5 times, service in the restaurant/bar was shocking, slow & the staff bodering upon rude. Kids hamburgers were way too spicy. Bath plug didnt fit and air conditioning cutting in and out all night. On the plus side the wake up call, bell hop service and courtesy bus were great.
Was glad we joined the Accor Club to get the discounted meals.
Not too sure if we would stay there again, it was pretty good value for money however it was not the best end to a wonderful holiday.

Dear ChelleL,
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent stay with us. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations in a few areas, please allow me to express my sincere apologies. At Novotel Nadi, we strive to provide superior service and positive guest experience for all our guests during their stays, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured we have taken the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrences. I will share your positive comments with our Front Office Team, which includes the drivers and porters; your feedback will serve as an encouragement to them all.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Ok we only stayed one night - we had come back from an island resort and needed somewhere to stay before flying out the next day. To be fair, some things were OK - we had a nice meal in the restaurant, the gardens are lovely. However, our room was not very clean (the shower was dirty), the air conditioning struggled to keep up (and kept us awake in the process). The room felt damp - Yes I know Fiji gets muggy but...
The final straw was MILK - yes milk! I like milk with my tea NOT creamer (ugh!). Plus we needed milk for the children so after an abortive attempt to get milk via room service, I marched up to reception in my dressing gown and demanded proper milk. I was directed to the restaurant and they gave me a jug of milk. Does Fiji not have a dairy industry? I guess not but I'm a New Zealander and we like proper milk. Sigh!!

Room Tip: We had a superior room which was on the upper floor - given my review, goodness knows what the stand...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marion D,
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent stay. I was very sorry to read of your experience. It is obvious from your feedback, the hotels usual high service standards have not been met during this particular stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for this uncharacteristic slip in our service levels. I can assure you the hotel prides itself on its level of service and to hear that we have fallen short on this occasion is very disappointing. I have reviewed the details of your concerns and have spoken to the hotel’s Management Team, as we strive to continuously work on improving our guests stay experiences.
Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 7 days recently over the christmas break. The hotel is extremely run down and needs a lot of repair plus renovation. The rooms were a good size but the lighting in the rooms was extremely minimalistic and it was hit and miss if the room actually got cleaned each day. Breakfast at the resort is a health hazard! If you want to sit on the terrace then you need to check the seats for bird poo and if you choose to have the breakfast buffet then i would recommend only eating from items that are covered as the birds freely enter the buffet area and help themselves and the staff do not do anything to stop them or deter them. Christmas day we were shown a christmas menu only to be told later that they had changed their minds and weren't offering anythng for christmas. The pool looked like it needed cleaning and I am not sure it was cleaned at all whilst i stayed there. The staff i will say however were friendly and responsive if asked a question or could provide assistance. The location is handy to both Nadi City Centre and the airport and the free airport shuttle was a bonus.

Room Tip: Looking across the golf course are quieter and quite shaded.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jack W, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear TraceyMel,
Thank you taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guests as feedback is vital for us to continue improving our service and maintaining our commitment to superior guest experiences. On behalf of the team at Novotel Nadi, I would like to convey my most sincere apologies that your stay was not as expected. It is disappointing to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay experience. The hotel continues to activate and use its preventative maintenance program, as a mechanism to ensure all its guest rooms and facilities add value to all our guest stay experiences. Bird control remains a major issue in all hotels and resorts in Fiji; Novotel Nadi is not immune to this either. However, we are working tirelessly on a solution, to further improve guest experience. I have reviewed the details of your other concerns and I have addressed them with the hotel’s Management Team.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next visit, as we anticipate to better serve you in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I wish I had taken the time to look at the trip advisor reviews before booking here. Thank GOODNESS we were only booked in for one night!!!!

We stayed here on our way back from a lovely holiday out in the islands of fiji. We arrived in the afternoon, and left early the next morning.

I really honestly cannot think of one good thing to say about this place. The food was terrible, the service was average (not like usual Fiji standards at all!) and the hotel in general was old and tired to say the least.

Our room was absolutely disgusting - there were cracks in the bathroom tiles, stains on the bed linen. It was really just awful. Unfortunately during our stay the AC was also not working so we were forced to use a standing fan and it remained hot and muggy in the room.

This hotel does not deserve its current star rating - I only hope the formal star reviewers go back their soon to set the record straight for the rest of us, and save a lot of future disappointment.

I booked this hotel through Qantas Holidays and have also sent them a note advising I think they should remove their recommendation for this hotel. It is certainly not up to standard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank njchristiansen
Dear njchristiansen,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with comment on your stay. I have noted your comments in regards to several issues you have highlighted. I have addressed these issues with the relevant managers and I assure you that appropriate action has been taken; we sincerely apologise for this occurrence. During this particular stay it was rather unfortunate that one of the compressors in our AC Chillers, had a malfunction which resulted in the varying temperatures in the rooms. However, since the 20th December 2013, we have purchased and commissioned a completely new AC Chiller, this has permanently resolved all issues relating to the coolness and comfort of our guest rooms.
njchristiansen, we appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Jack Work
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Novotel Nadi? Share your experiences!