“My new choice for an airport stay”
Review of Novotel Nadi

Novotel Nadi
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed November 6, 2013

service was excellent, we were given complimentary drinks while waiting for our room to be ready. the room was modern, tidy, and the bed was fabulous--and I am 7 months pregnant. We loved the pool, because it was actually cool, unlike the pool at the more popular airport hotel. We did not eat there but found hotel food in Fiji to generally be expensive and incredibly mediocre. Definitely eat at the local restaurants.

Room Tip: we had the new rooms closest to reception ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L2D
Ian S, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Bula L2D

Thanks for the great review, your comments are most appreciated, we look forward to having you back when you visit next.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Novotel is really close to the airport so it's good for one night before having to catch an early morning flight. Like other reviewers, I experienced poor customer service and bad, overpriced food in the restaurant. Apparently, Novotel has a reputation for bad service because when I mentioned it to some of the locals, they either already knew that or had heard that from other guests. If you don't care about service and just need a night then, this will do but, there are probably a lot of options in the same price range and area. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JJFriday
Ian S, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Bula JJFriday

Thank you for the review your comments are appreciated and will be taken on board, just to clarify a few points though.

The food pricing on our menu is in Fijian Dollars with the most expensive item being FJ$38 that is the equivalent of US$21 for a steak and prawns. I am very concerned about the service you mentioned as we actually score very highly in this area as can be witnessed by the multitude of guest feedback attesting to this.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My family had a 4 day stay at Novotel.

First thing to go wrong, the air con was not working there and Nadi nearing Christmas is like living in the Sahara Desert.

It took them 2 days to get a fan to our room and me calling them 3 times to find out a cooler unit was down.

Then our last night there, they didn't clean our room and when I complained to the front desk and they had a maid come out, her excuse after walking in and looking in to see our daughter's toys on the bed along with towels was 'Oh we don't touch the bed if there's stuff on it'....so what about the bathroom?

Worst service in Nadi don't waste your money there.

Stayed: October 2013

Bula Neisau T

Thank you for the review your comments are appreciated and will be taken on board.

The policy with regards to cleaning is one that is in place however on discussion with my team I have emphasized that some flexibility with regards this ruling needs to be exercised.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I ended up here as our afternoon flight toTaveuni was cancelled 15 mins prior to boarding. Pacific Sun arranged accommodation at Novotel with a meal voucher included. When we arrived, the receptionist was not friendly at all. The front office manager was OK though. We asked about internet charges and she was not interested to tell us. She showed us a sheet of paper but was quickly taken away. We ended up using the 30 mins complimentary access at the lobby to notify our hotel regarding flight schedule.

The room assigned to us was far from the lobby. It is clean but dated and bathroom definitely need a revamp. Dinner at Talei was disappointing. We waited an hour for our meal and noticed another couple (from same flight) also waited for quite some time for their food. Another guests seated near us had his drink order gone missing. He had to remind the supervisor that his beer did not arrive. Fiji time is not acceptable for 4 star establishment. We had better experience staying at Gateway for 2 nights and that was 3 star. We ordered seafood pizza, crab, mocktail and fiji gold. When the food came out at around 9 pm, we were not hungry anymore. We did not have breakfast the following morning as we checked out at 5 am. If we did, we probably end up missing our flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Bula nonique99

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Average hotel. Very expensive for the meals, with small portions - not really value for money. A bit of noise from being so close to the airport. Rooms minimalistic. Whatever you do, do not give them your email address as you will be inundated with junk email - even after they say that they will take you off the list!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Bula leestream

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our team stayed at the Novotel in Nadi Fiji , during the Trans-Pacific Touch football competition. Make sure you ask for the recently renovated rooms near to reception . The staff were super friendly.
Just because it is so close to airport and town , and not near the beaches I wouldn't stay here for a holiday

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Ian S, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Bula Damian K

Thanks for the review on your recent stay, I hope the tournament went well for you lads, I will certainly pass your comments on to the staff.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay in October. After some problems with my Fiji Airways flight I thought I'd take myself off and sit by a pool for the day/night.
Room was well appointed and worth exactly what I paid for it. Breakfast and lunch were fine and definitely met expectations.
Whilst there I used both the pool and the gym and both were well kept. I would say that the hotel would get busy in the afternoons and evenings with people coming in from the Islands to transit for flights the next day.
All staff provided great service, were receptive to the problems I'd had with my flights and made sure I enjoyed my stay.
For me one of the better hotels in Nadi.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Rooms have a better outlook and are closer to the main area of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Bula thebigcutz

Thanks for the great comments, great to hear we could alleviate the frustration of flight mishaps, we look forward to hosting you when in Fiji again.

Ian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
Aquarius On The Beach

Been to Novotel Nadi? Share your experiences!