Myself and two others stayed at the Tanoa for 3 nights for a quick trip away. We found the room adequate for our needs and the airconditioning quite good. We spent most of our time around the pool which was absolutely lovely - in a beautiful setting near the restaurant and bar.
The staff are all very friendly, we particularly had fun with the bar staff who were so happy and friendly - particularly Josiah the bar manager who always said a loud hi or "bula" whenever we happened to walk past!! Participating in the kava ceremony with the musicians is fun, do it if you are invited to.
We ate most nights at the restaurant, the buffet's are great although there were some comments from my travelling partners about the surprising lack of seafood, I personally preferred the buffet food to what was on offer on the menu and all the food and drink seemed a pretty reasonable price (we went to the Sonaisali for a wedding there and it was quite a bit more expensive).
The biggest gripe we had about the place was that they definitely took their time doing up our rooms - we needed to have a shower in the early afternoon before going to the wedding and found that they hadn't replaced our towels in the rooms, we had to ask a couple of times for them to be replaced and they took their time about it. Something funny also happened when we checked out with regards to the payment from the travel agent - but no biggie, it was all sorted out pretty quickly.
The setting of the place was beautiful and peaceful!! It did get busy some nights - being an airport motel - with travellers who had their flights delayed but that added to the atmosphere.
We were a bit worried after reading some of the more negative reviews, but we are glad we made the choice to stay here anyway as this was a good place to stay for my first trip to Fiji. We were defnitely not disappointed.
Main things to take away - very friendly staff that make you feel welcome, good for a quick getaway, convenient and handy to the airport, nice lush surroundings!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanoa International Hotel offers airport accommodation set amidst lush tropical gardens, with sensational facilities for leisure, conference, corporate and wedding guests. Located just three minutes from Nadi International Airport, with 148 rooms in a peaceful tropical setting, Tanoa International Hotel can be used as your hub to get around the island. With extensive conference facilities, a range of dining options, and free high-speed internet in every room, this is the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanoa International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanoa International Nadi
- Hotel Tanoa International
- Tanoa International Hotel Fiji/Nadi