“not bad for overnight stay..”

Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
plymouth
“not bad for overnight stay..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

not a bad place for the money
but.... your lucky if they meet you at the airport, luckily we got someone to phone them, the next time they dont start before 0800 - so taxi cost FJ$8 to get there, also back to airport no transport before 0800 . good points bar/food and pool, nice staff in bar area
a short walk (out of gate to the left) brings you to a bottle shop - that sells cheap cold beer
just outside hotel is bus to NADI centre
room was clean - but got 'bitten to death' after dark by something (even with repellent on)
would stay here again - buy only for a night between flights

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hebrew first
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed here for a night either side of a week seeing the islands. The shuttle bus met from the airport, and dropped us off at the rude reception staff. In the end the room turned out to be nice and fairly clean. However our favourite part was the gorgeous pool area and the massages available. Would stay here again, but ultimately you want to get off the mainland and see some of the to-die-for paradise islands.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

I stayed at Nomads Skylodge for two nights prior to and after taking a trip to the islands. It is is a good location in terms of the airport, a taxi will drop you there for just $7 Fiji dollars.

The first night I stayed there I arrived in a dorm and the bathroom was disgusting. It had a soaked and muddy bath mat on the floor but the shower worked ok and I thought for the price I was paying I couldn't really moan.

It wasn't until I stayed there after my island trip that the real trouble started. The dorm I was staying in did have an airconditioning unit, however this was leaking all over one of the beds, so the girl in th top bunk directly under it, turned it off for most of the night. As I was rather warm I couldn't sleep very well... This was just as well as then I realised I had bugs crawling all over me. I squashed one to find that it was full of blood then pulled the sheet back and there were lots of bed bugs in there. They were all over my towel that was haning at the end of my bunk bed drying off and when I got to the bathroom they were all over my PJ's as well, it was awful. This was about 3 am in the morning and my flight wasn't until 9 am. Even still, I decided to get up and get out of there as soon as possible. I would rather wait for 5 hours in an airport with no airconditioning that return to the bed I had in that dorm.

When I went to reception and told them about the problem the lady apologised insincerely and then said she could give me another room. I didn't take the chance.

Nomads has a pool area and all the basic things you need like a laundry and a bar and food diner but that's about as good as it gets. I would never stay there again and would never recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Badger074

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

Stay was for two nights in a standard room. After the first night, noticed itching bumps developing on my arms and hands and knocked it up to a possible allergy. On the second night, the itching became worse and very unbearable at 5am and began checking the blankets and bed just to be sure. Within 2 minutes i found a creepy crawly and after looking closer I recognised it as a bed bug. Even crushing it we found it was full of blood.
At the reception there was a duty manager and receptionist. The duty manager refused to come out of the office and sent the receptionist to confirm the bugs. When she came to the room there was a bug crawling on the bed right in front of her face which we smashed and prooved beyond a doubt the presence of the bugs.
Other things noted were that the sheets and pillows are very well used, not fluffy at all. Also, for all future travels and stay in the standard rooms be sure to ask for the rooms that are furthest from the pool. Our room and nearly 5 others were located in such a position that our only window faces directly to dining area before the pool. Therefore any open windows allow all guests a nice view of all in-room activities.

The receptionist apologised sincerely however upon checkout they still had the nerve to charge me the full rate for all two nights with no further apology from any management staff.
Although the price may have been relative to the type of accomodation, thats still no excuse for shoddy basic amenaties. With a whole wall of accreditation certificates and mission statements about cleanliness I just have to laugh in disgust.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Lodz, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

slept there only one night after comeing back from Mana Island and I found it very nice, clean and comomfortabel for a very good price ( fiji is not cheep at all )poll and bar is nice, restaurant too.some rooms that are close to the bar are nosy but they can change the room if you want. even if it's not in the center is well conected with down town and airport.they also have free transport to the airport. staff is not very nice.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

We pre-booked staying here for our last night in Fiji. When we turned up they initially denied all knowledge of our booking and tried charging us for an additional $50FJD for a superior room. I asked what was the additional cost was made up of, the only reply I could get was there are two double beds. Being a couple we didn’t need this and certainly didn’t want to pay extra for it.

After much arguing they changed their story and said that they had informed the agent at the time of booking that they only had superior rooms available… and that was enough for us.

We landed up getting a cab to the Nadi Bay Hotel with a lovely Italian/Swiss couple that had exactly the same problem as us.

This was a real horrible ending to a great vacation.

Also on departure we spoke to some friends we had made during our travels and they informed us that there were 70 people in the dorms that night with the electricity going on and off, and only two showers with one being out of order.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

If you must stay on the mainland (a stay on one of the smaller islands is preferable), then this, the best of the Nomads chain, is a best buy. Spacious room with 2 double beds, mini-fridge, coffee-maker, and hair-dryer. Sizeable fresh-water pool, good restaurant, and a short walk uphill to town and other eating establishments.

Shuttle from airport (though not to). TV has two channels and muzac plays in the public rooms from 6am to midnight.

• Liked — Cleanliness, airconditioning, friendly staff
  • Disliked — muzac from 6am to midnight
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)