“Staff were great. Rooms were below my expectation even for a basic motel.”

Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
“Staff were great. Rooms were below my expectation even for a basic motel.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Food at restaurant was expensive yet average. The room was run down and the blanket on the bed smelly. Maybe l had the worst room in the place??. The staff though were lovely and accomodating and bar area had a nice atmosphere with live music at night.

• Stayed August 2012
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Bula,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. All feedback either good or bad is very important to us so that we can improve on our services and facilities. I do apologize for the defects in our service. At the moment Tanoa Skylodge is undergoing major renovation including the rooms to other facilities. Our dishes in the restaurant start from as low as $10.00.
It is pleasing to see that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff. All the above comments will be shared with the staff concerned and please do visit us again in future when you are travelling our way to see what changes we have made and definitely would be happy to look after you.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
Suva, Central, Fiji
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

lovely place 2 stay for business or holiday and the staff ard very helpful and always smiling. a family type hotel. close to airport and shops. about 10mins from nadi town and 20mins from denarau. for breakfast try their pancakes and for dinner the pork chops or be at the bar with MEREANI

• Stayed August 2012
Bula ,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us and all, good and bad are taken seriously. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again whenever you are passing our way, we will still provide you the same Fijian Hospitability and if you know of anyone else coming ourway, please feel free to introduce them to us.

australia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed for one night - arrived late afternoon, left early morning. The room was all right but noicey, it was facing the main road and there was lots of noice from the room next door. We were looking forward to a nice meal but the restaurant only serves snacks ( burgers, pizza, fish & chips) and has not a nice atmosphere with just long tables and benches and the TV blaring away overhead. I suppose you get what you pay for. I will invest another $ 20.- next time. The promised Air port shuttle only left at 6am or 8am which did not suit our travel arragement so we had to call a taxi. You would think they would organise a shuttle for the flight to Sydney at 9.00am

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the garden and not the main road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. It is also encouraging to see that you enjoyed your short stay with us.All feedback either good or bad is very important to us so that we can improve on our services and facilities. I do apologize for the defects in our services which you have mentioned. Skylodge Hotel is a budget hotel accommodation provider where we cater for all categories of travellers including youths and backpackers. We at Skylodge are striving very hard to improve the services and facilities of the hotel so that we could take it to the next level. The menus are designed in such a way to cater for all customers to mentioned from backpackers to other travellers group and at the moment this is under review to cater for other demands of travellers. We do have a wholeday black board menu and I do have concern why this was not offered to you and our Chefs are trained to cater and tender any special requirements. For the transport, we do provide courtesy transport to and from the Airport, and the runs are scheduled in such a way that all clients demands are met so that they are able to access this courtsey transfers.
All the above comments will be shared with our staff concerned and please do visit us again whenever you are passing our way, we will see that you are being well looked after with much improved changes to the services and facilities.

Thanks once again,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed 3 nights with my grand-daughter at the Skylodge and we had a great time! The staff were really helpful and polite, the pool is as lovely as I remembered from several years ago. We were picked up promptly from the airport, our room was clean and pleasant, in one of the cottages. The meals were well-priced and the food was good. The kitchen staff made us early breakfast when our tour pick-up was first thing in the morning and the van driver gave us a tour of Nadi on our first full day. One young chef passed around free samples of his Broccoli Soup one evening----it was delicious too.The staff bent over backwards for us----we wouldn't hesitate to come back. Thank you so much Tanoa Skylodge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. It is so rewarding that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us and all , good and the not so good, are taken very seriously. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again when you are passing by ourway, we will still provide you with the same Fijian hospitality and if you know of anyone coming our way , please feel free to introduce them to us.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2012

i stayed at this establishment for three months and used it as a base to travel through fiji. i stayed in a cottage, which was clean and had a verandah, the swimming pool was clean, the bar was a good place to to meet fellow travellers and the locals. the food was cheap and good and the management and staff were fantastic andi now class them as my overseas family. i will be there again soon bula

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. It is so rewarding that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us and all, good and the not good are taken seriously.Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again when you are passing by our way, we will still provide you with the same Fijian hospitality and if you know of anyone coming our way , please feel free to introduce them to us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff were very helpful, polite and spoke English which was very important. The facilites were good, a laundry room, tokens for the machines. The bar was very quiet. The pool was clean but quiet. Not much atmosphere, a wide screen t.v for entertainment. Too much rain but the sun came out 3 out of 5 days. The room was basic, one channel, small no frills bathroom, clean linen on requeat everyday. Double bed clean sheets, refrigerator in the room, too many bugs so kept the curtains closed. Noise level great as I was not close to reception or the pool. Left my earings in my room and it was not found so that is a negative as they had sentimental value. Stayed in room 19.

• Stayed January 2012
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Bula ,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. It is really encouraging to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us and all, good or bad, are taken seriously so that we can continually improve in our services and facilities. Yes Skylodge is unashmedly a budget accommodation provider. We are striving very hard to improve the services and facilities of this hotel to take it to the next level. We also do have very strict policy on finding guest belongings and Iam delighted to advice that we do have your earings. Please do visit us again whenever you are passing our way, we will provide you with the much improved hospitality and if you know of anyone else coming our way please feel free to introduce them to us.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After a mission trying to book directly via their website there still was no confirmation as to whether my credit card details and private information on the booking had been sent through!! Two times I rang for Australia only to be told that they would look into it and email me back ASAP and on the second call back in ten minutes! first of all they didn't even bother to get my name and contact details so who were they going to get back to!! One day later and still no confirmation I ended up ringing my cousin who lives in Nadi to make a booking on my behalf!! Which finally got confirmed they said there was no transaction of credit card details that came through they website but I find it very dodgy because they day I arrived into Fiji the driver for the shuttle had my details and flight no on the pax list to pick up so how did they have this if I never gave it to them or my cousin who made the booking! only via typing additional info into the payment screen via their website when checking in Mala said that they were busy and that the website was down for the last week which I said so for the last 4 weeks from when I made the booking and made two emails on the website no one bothered to get the site fixed she was like surprised!!! I find the whole business of advertising prices online and making a facility available to pay for accomodation available very misleading because I ended up paying a whole different price to what they promoted online, scrap the pay for two and stay for three nights I ended up paying for three nights and a different rate!

We had a Family Unit, everything was okay and so worth it!!! The only problem I find is the staff need to be trained in dealing with guests!!! Every time I would go to the front desk to ask for something the answer was always 'no'! Example my and my cousin wanted to go swimming in the pool at two in the Arvo she had just checked in and we went to reception to ask for towels the girl at the counter was obviously surfing the net and so not engaged into our query told us that we had to use the towels in our rooms!!! I told her that housekeeping had come a few hours before and had taken the towels and not replaced them and my cousin who had just checked in that day said that no towels were in the room!! her reply was NO you will have wait til they bring them back in a couple of hours and we were like but we want to swim now!!!

Another time I asked if we.could get a booking for pick up for the bus going from hotel to hotel only to be told by Mala! No because she just tried to do a booking another family and it was fully booked!!! The next morning I came to used the wifi and The bus we were querying about came at around 8am it was half full I asked the girl n the desk if we could have got on and she said Yes!!!

Remember this is only feedback because me and my brother had a great stay at the Tanoa Skylodge Hotel!! The only thing that is letting it down is the front desk staff who are the face of the hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family