“Still Awaiting Booking Confirmation”

Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Still Awaiting Booking Confirmation”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After a mission trying to book directly via their website there still was no confirmation as to whether my credit card details and private information on the booking had been sent through!! Two times I rang for Australia only to be told that they would look into it and email me back ASAP and on the second call back in ten minutes! first of all they didn't even bother to get my name and contact details so who were they going to get back to!! One day later and still no confirmation I ended up ringing my cousin who lives in Nadi to make a booking on my behalf!! Which finally got confirmed they said there was no transaction of credit card details that came through they website but I find it very dodgy because they day I arrived into Fiji the driver for the shuttle had my details and flight no on the pax list to pick up so how did they have this if I never gave it to them or my cousin who made the booking! only via typing additional info into the payment screen via their website when checking in Mala said that they were busy and that the website was down for the last week which I said so for the last 4 weeks from when I made the booking and made two emails on the website no one bothered to get the site fixed she was like surprised!!! I find the whole business of advertising prices online and making a facility available to pay for accomodation available very misleading because I ended up paying a whole different price to what they promoted online, scrap the pay for two and stay for three nights I ended up paying for three nights and a different rate!

We had a Family Unit, everything was okay and so worth it!!! The only problem I find is the staff need to be trained in dealing with guests!!! Every time I would go to the front desk to ask for something the answer was always 'no'! Example my and my cousin wanted to go swimming in the pool at two in the Arvo she had just checked in and we went to reception to ask for towels the girl at the counter was obviously surfing the net and so not engaged into our query told us that we had to use the towels in our rooms!!! I told her that housekeeping had come a few hours before and had taken the towels and not replaced them and my cousin who had just checked in that day said that no towels were in the room!! her reply was NO you will have wait til they bring them back in a couple of hours and we were like but we want to swim now!!!

Another time I asked if we.could get a booking for pick up for the bus going from hotel to hotel only to be told by Mala! No because she just tried to do a booking another family and it was fully booked!!! The next morning I came to used the wifi and The bus we were querying about came at around 8am it was half full I asked the girl n the desk if we could have got on and she said Yes!!!

Remember this is only feedback because me and my brother had a great stay at the Tanoa Skylodge Hotel!! The only thing that is letting it down is the front desk staff who are the face of the hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Semi P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed in a standard room for 1 night between flights at Nadi airport. Free shuttle transfers were quick and efficient, with the driver being particularly friendly. Check-in was fairly slow with the agent being rather unfriendly.

My room was fairly basic, but was quite clean and comfortable. Everything worked OK, but the wifi internet access was prohibitively expensive so I didn't use it.

Location is quite good, being close to the airport but having minimal aircraft noise due to the alignment of the runways. The hotel is also within walking distance to many shops and restaurants, which is a bonus.

I may well stay here again during another upcoming short layover in Nadi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cliffie_D
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Back in Fiji and an opportunity for a stopover at the Skylodge in Nadi before we headed off into Fiji. Was with a larger group this time, though did have my own room. Was a chance to return after the awful weather we left behind in Fiji this past Easter.
Have always found the Skylodge staff great, the rooms ok with several options and the rates reasonable value for what is an upmarket backpackers hotel, though have never been that impressed with the food at the Skylodge. Though admittedly I can be picky with my food. So much so that I’m never confident of the food quality anywhere in Fiji unless it’s a top end restaurant, hotel or resort and while it doesn’t claim to be that the Skylodge hasn’t been an exception.
However this time was different. I understand it’s the same staff cooking, the same menu, though they do have a new hotel manager, either way the food has improved significantly. Our large group tried about everything on the menu and would have been happy with any of the chosen items, especially the dessert but was too full from the meal. Two firsts for me in several visits over several years. Sorry I‘m not staying longer to have a chance to enjoy their food along with the staff and rooms.
Always enjoy my stay, but this time I also enjoyed the meals.

Room Tip: Always suggest earplugs as a worthwhile option for travellers, especially if you are a light sleepe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Would not stay there again even though it was very inexpensive. Why?
air conditioning barely worked
room was dirty, especially the very old bathroom
lots of bugs
did not feel comfortable with the area of the hotel
shuttle to airport was very late causing some stress
tv was way too small to watch and so high - could get a sore neck
internet is way too expensive

I would never stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sinasohn
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review . We are continually striving to improve our services and there for all feedback is taken seriously either good or bad. I do apologize for the defects in our service relating to your stay where we were not able to meet your expectations. But rest assured that issues related to your stay will be discussed with the staff concerned and please do visit us again in future when you are travelling our way and definitely we will look after you.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Suva, Central, Fiji
Reviewed June 1, 2012

If you are in Nadi and want a quite and cpzy place to stay....try the Skylodge, great place, great staff and good service. The staff are excellent led by Manager Raju. The staff treat you like a superstar and are very attentive. The walks to the rooms are a bit long but a good way tp let your meal settle. Great Chefs and you should try the Pork Shops - Awesome

Room Tip: Cottages can be a walk They have self contained rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us and all, good and bad are taken seriously. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again whenever you are passing our way, we will still provide you the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of any one else coming ourway,please feel free to introduce them to us.

Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at the Nadi Skylodge for times (3x one night, 1x two nights) during an islandhopping-tour through the Pacific as a base before and after my flights to Tonga, Samoa, Kiribati and Tuvalu. It has fit perfectly to my needs: a place to sleep close to the airport and not expensive.
I stayed in rooms 19 (two times), 17 and 31. Room 19 had the first time a bad smell in it, but at the second time not. It was small but all right. Room 17 was larger, but is facing the bar area in a distance of about 20 meters. During the night I stayed in room 17 it was quite (during the week and not many guests), but I assume room 17 can get a bit noisy, if there is a lot of action at the bar. Room 31 is in a cottage in distance to the restaurant and bar area. It was very large and next to the laundry facilities, which I used (45 min washing, 45 min drying, each 3 FJD plus 2 FJD washing powder).
Staff was always helpful and friendly. I also used the luggage storage while I was on Tuvalu. I never saw the Skylodge-shuttle, when I arrived at the airport (but it is only 10 FJD to get to the Skylodge by taxi), but the shuttles from the hotel to the airport worked very well (which was important, because I had some early morning flights and asked for the shuttle to depart at 02:30a.m. or 05:00a.m.).
On the website and in the brochure about the hotelit is mentioned, that every room is equipped with an hairdryer. This is not right: in none of the rooms I have stayed in was an hairdryer.
Close to the hotel are several supermarkets and a vegetable market (about 5 minutes walk to the left when leaving the hotel) and a bus stop to Nadi and Lautoka is exactly in front of the hotel's side entrance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bula,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is encouraging to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and indeed Skylodge is very centrally located convenient to all other amenities. All feed back either good or bad is very important to us so that we can improve on our services and facilities. I do apologize for the defects in our service which you have mentioned.For the hairdryer we do have this in the rooms and unfortunately you did not have one in your room. Also we do have hairdryers at the reception desk for the guest to use.
All the above comments will be shared with our staff concerned. Please do visit us again whenever you are passing our way. We will still provide you the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of any one else coming ourway, please feel free to introduce them to us.

Thanks once again

Manchester
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed in an 10-bed mixed dorm - its beds were nicely laid out so there was more privacy. However the lighting in the dorm was very dim. The dorm had an ensuite bathroom with a hot shower and there are also bathrooms/showers/toilets outside of the dorms so if you have checked out but are getting a late flight you can shower later in the day. The pool is nice and the restaraunt is reasonable. The laundry facilities are great and costs 3FJD per go of each machine. There is a free airport transfer. There is air con in the dorms.
Negatives: there is no breakfast included in the room price but many other hostels/hotels in Nadi do offer this. There was music playing loudly which didn't stop until 11pm. The staff were being very noisy at 5.30am in the outside grounds of the hostel and we could hear them very loudly in our room. Another guest in our room woke up with bites on him and blood on his sheets - not sure it was bed bugs but something was biting him in the night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Bula,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. All feedback either good or bad is very important to us so that we can improve on our services and facilities. I apologize for the defects in our services. At the moment Tanoa Skylodge is undergoing major renovation from the rooms to other facilities. At Tanoa Skylodge Hotel we do look after different clientele of people and their demands. We do have bed and breakfast price for dorm accommodation which I will definitely look into why this was not avaiable. The band performs at the weekends only and this goes on till 11.00pm. Being an airport hotel, the transfers do starts early in the mornings which may have disturbed you. We do have a very strict pest control measures in our property which are being rigorously monitored. All the above comments will be shared with our team and please do visit us again in future when you are travelling our way and definitely we will look after you.