“Love the backpackers, but the surf instructor is a con-man”
Review of Bamboo Hostel

Bamboo Hostel
Ranked #1 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Nadi
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I spent a couple of days in Bamboo, loved it.. Got a few bed bugs bites, but that's usual for Fijian backpackers.. The staff was extremely nice and friendly.. They didn't even secretly ask for 'favours' . The only person I would suggest to be careful with was Franky, the surf instructor.. He seems very nice, very handsome and he's easy to trust.. But he took my money, changed his behaviour and never gave it back. So be careful with him. Everything else is fine with Bamboo! :-)

Room Tip: A nice room was the one in the big building with many beds and the kitchen.. Very nice atmosphere th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
the_fiji_islander, Manager at Bamboo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Bula Vinaka,

thanks for the feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you had a great time. The Surf team wishes to apologise for the unusual incident and our Resort Manager has now terminated the guide involved. Also, the housekeeping team wishes to apologise and assures us that that they are completely determined to keep our rooms clean, tidy and bug-free :)

Thanks again and happy travels,

The Bamboo Tribe

There are newer reviews for Bamboo Hostel

Reviewed December 20, 2013

In the three weeks we stayed in fiji we visited bamboo three times. The staff were fantastic, really helpful for organising our trips to taveuni and mana island. The staff genuinely wanted to know your name and get to know you and just wanted you to have a good time.
We stayed in a private double and loved it. It was clean, with a ensuite and a big room. Any problems we had, bamboo sorted it straight away and were grateful for the review.
There is free wifi for 30 minutes each day which is all you need and more. The cafe and bar had a selection of tasty food every evening at a decent price and with our room we got free tea and toast in the morning. Prices are much cheaper than smugglers and staff are a 100% nicer.
Samu at bamboo was literally the best and went above and beyond his job role to our stay as fantasic as it was. We will definetly miss everyone we met at bamboo and would recommend to all on a budget.
Vinaka bamboo!
Joel and Laura :)

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you're flying into Nadi then ring or book online a night to stay at Bamboo. The lovely staff will pick you up for free from the airport. It's great value for money. Actually on the beach unlike some others nearby. Food is good and not expensive. Rooms are fine for the price; ideal for backpackers not for luxury 5*. We had a private room which was fine and saw the group rooms and they were fine too.
Best thing about the place is the people. The staff are all so friendly and make you feel like family. They also offer great and cheap tours to islands and trips around nadi. We did the north tour to taveuni and stayed in their hostel on that island. Amazing trip and staff their were great too. Did the private island trip to Nanuku, was beautiful and would definitely recommend it!
If your looking for fiji time, kava nights with genuine friendly people and something less expensive and touristy then bamboo is the place.
Big thanks to James, Rafa, Meli, Geoff, Melika, Bali and Pala and everyone for the great trip!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

It's incredibly perfect. If you want to live a normal Fijian life, you are surrounded by Fijian people and you can smell the quality of life. It was like a family stay, but better. Kava time was spectacular every time and all people were very polite. I really miss Fiji and all of you and I hope to go there again. Thank you very much for everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My friend and I arrived to Fiji not knowing what to expect. When we saw our room we thought it looked a little bit worn out. All those feelings disappeared after we got to know the team at Bamboo Hostel. They really went out of their way to make every single person feel welcomes and like you were their family.
We spent endless nights by the fire with all of the team drinking beers and kava till the sun came up. They took us out, partied with us and never asked for anything in return.
You did not feel hassled or ripped of at any point. Our belonging always felt safe.
It was an absolute experience of a life time thanks to the people who work there.
You guys have an amazing team and thanks for sharing your time with us.
VINAKA

Room Tip: The single rooms would probably be the way to go if you are the kind of traveller who is used to ho...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very good place, amazing staff whom will guide you to some very nice trip and activities in this beautiful country. With them you'll discorver the fidjian culture and also very very very nice place like Nanuku islet...
Thanks every one

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Prior to arriving in Fiji, I only booked my first night at Bamboo as I was not sure what my plans would be and where they would take me. By the end of my trip I had spent my entire 9 days in Fiji at Bamboo and have no regrets. Not only did I make traveling friends from all over the world that I've made plans to meet up with elsewhere, but I made connections and established relations with the staff and they became my second family.
The hostel is located on the beach next to another hotel, yet it feels isolated and quiet. The rooms are clean and bright, and kept tidy daily by the staff. The hostel has a very "homey" feel in that sense that the dorm doors are not locked and people come and go, yet never did I have a fear for my luggage or valuables. The food is delicious and convenient as the supermarket is a 20 minute walk away, or you could catch the bus the picks up right outside Bamboo. The pool is big and surrounded by lounge chairs for those that enjoy soaking up the Fiji sun. The friendly and helpful staff can help you book any tour, from mud pools to a PADI diving course. Make sure to join in on the Kava circles/jam sessions, it's the easiest way to bond with the guys and meet new hostel guests.
One girl that I met on my last day said that I had missed out on the best parts of Fiji by not making it out to the other islands. However, to me establishing such great relations with the people I met completely made my trip. It's the reason that I will be returning to Fiji and will have another opportunity to visit the islands. All I can say is thank you to everyone at Bamboo that made my solo Fiji trip better than I could ever have imagined! I'll be seeing you soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank maitizzle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Tropic of Capricorn
#12 of 25 in Nadi
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Bamboo Hostel? Share your experiences!