Bamboo Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvolleyball courtkava sessionskava circlebed dormprivate roomfree kavafree wififiji timetravel deska great place to meetmud poolsfree activitiesisland hoppingevery eveninghome away from homeother islandstour desk
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I arrived in fiji in May and have based myself at bamboo for the last 5 months. The atmosphere is like living with a fijian family and the staff are so friendly and helpful. I'll definitely stay here again next time i'm in fiji. This place is more than just a gateway to the islands, it's a destination to visit in nadi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

a friend of mine and I stayed 7 days in October 2013 at Bamboo.
When we hit the road we always stay in Hostels, therefore we know a lot of them and what to expect. But Bamboo really surprised us.

We booked a private double room with our own bathroom. The room was quite big and the bathroom was clean. The rooms have a fan or an air-conditioning. If anybody is writing about the fact that the rooms are to small I don´t know what those people expect from a hostel.
To clear the case if you are not used to backpacker travel and you need the norm of a hotel, don´t book a hostel. But if you love to meet other travelers, to get in touch with the locals and to have a cheap but good accomondation -> Bamboo is the right place for you.

The breakfast is free if you book the private double room.
For dinner you can eather eat directly at Bamboo or you can easily reach other restaurants and bars. We often ate at Bamboo and always enjoyed our dinner.

Tha hostels is located directly at the beach but also offers a small pool.
The internet flatrates are the cheapest ones of all hostels on our tripp on Fiji.

I have never met any staff being more friendly, more polite or more helpfull than here.
There are a lot of activities you can book here, we went to the Garden of the sleeping giant, the mud pools, the hot springs, we went to Natadola Beach and to Cloude 9 (a must see !!). There are a lot more things to do if you want to.
At night the guys from the hostels played the guitar for us we had cava session together and enjoyed the bonfire at the beach. They tried everything to invole us into Fijian Art of living and the Fijin spirit.

I always felt like visiting old friends of mine and that made it really hard for me to leave this awesome place. We will definitely come back to Fiji and we will for sure stay at Bamboo again. I really miss the guys and I think often about the great time we had there.

Room Tip: we booked a private double with our own bathroom and had an air condition or a fan. If you want to go to bed early, don´t book the rooms located next to the pool. Cause you will hear the guitar playing from the bonfire at night I heared people complaining about that.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I never stayed at Bamboo Backpackers. This review is entirely based on my view that when it came down to it, they did not do the right thing. I was meant to stay here on my last night in Fiji after spending time diving in Kadavu. I had made a reservation on booking.com but was meant to pay when I arrived. I ended up with decompression sickness and instead of arriving on a flight from Kadavu to spend the night in Nadi at Bamboo Backpackers before departing for home I ended up in hospital in Suva having treatments in the hyperbaric chamber. The first chance I had, when I got out of hospital, which was the day before I was meant to fly from Kadavu to Nadi, I contacted Bamboo to advise them of my circumstances. I was not going to be able to come to Nadi as I had to undergo several more treatments in the chamber. I realise that the policy might be to charge for the room with only 24 hours notice of cancellation, but I feel that given the circumstances (medical emergency) the right thing to do was to not charge me for the room. They charged my credit card even though I had given them as much notice as possible and was unable to be there due to a medical situation which I am still suffering the effects of. Very disappointing.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank h20kat
the_fiji_islander, Manager at Bamboo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Bula vinaka,

We are very sorry to hear about your situation and wish you all the best with your recovery. Our Management is completely unaware of your story and cannot find reference to it on our email or any other form of communication, and our accounts team has simply followed procedure. As we are not sure of reviewer’s identities, we have no means to address these unfortunate issues. We see that you must have had a terrible Fiji experience and we sincerely sympathise with your unfortunate situation...and we always seek to do the right thing by our guests :)

Vinaka and best wishes and we warmly invite you to return to experience our hostel one day.

The Bamboo Tribe

Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you want to experience real Fiji atmosphere, go to this backpacker. All the staff is so friendly and helpful, we felt like part of the family there. I almost cried when we had to leave and in case I will come back, I´ll definately go there again. I agree with everyone here, it´s the best place we´ve ever visited and if I want to come back just to one place, it´s this one. Vinaka guys!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I travel many places in the world, I slept in hundreds of hostels but it's difficult to find something like the Bamboo Backpackers in Nadi. First of all the incredible hospitality of the Fijian people is priceless: they are genuine, caring, always helpful and they really want you to enjoy your stay without trying to rip you off or to have something in return. The hostel is located in a strategic position, between the airport and Nadi Town. Wailoaloa beach is nice and offer a wonderful sunset. The cocktails served by the super funny Enrico (Rico) are awesome and cheap. The rooms are simple but you don't want to spend your time in a room in Fiji don't you?
Really recommended, especially for the different packages that you can buy for a very discounted price.

Bulaaaa!!