“MOST AMAZING HOSTEL I'VE EVER BEEN TO!”
Review of Bamboo Hostel

Bamboo Hostel
Ranked #1 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Nadi
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I have never experienced a hostel as friendly, welcoming and fun as bamboo! The staff are EXCELLENT, the food is incredible and the all around vibe is so wonderful.

When I was at bamboo, I felt like I was part of a family. The staff really take the time to get to know you. The nightly kava sessions give everyone a chance to meet each other and the daily activities are always fun and include everyone!

The rooms are very clean, the beds are confortable and the kitchen area gives you a chance to cook your own food!

There is no doubt that bamboo is by far the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in ( and I have stayed at many hostels).

I was in FIji for almost a month and after returning from the North islands, my friend Gaby and I were meant to head to the Yasawa to do some more. Didn't happen. We ended up staying at bamboo for over 2 weeks! And I definitely could've stayed much longer!
Bamboo gave Fiji and incredible name! i loved it so much that i even applied for a full time job in Nadi!

If you're thinking of going to Nadi, 100% stay at bamboo! It will be an amazing welcome into Fiji for all ages!

I cannot wait to return to my bamboo family!
I love you all xx

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 20, 2013

What a great landing in Fiji! The friendly Fijian stall and laid back atmosphere at Bamboo will get you totally relaxed in no time. Great food, kava nights and music. The beach is just across the street!
Linda and Cooke

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Bamboo was pretty much one of the cheapest places to stay in fiji. We had a double room with shared fascilities. The bed was not ultimatly comfy but doable and the fascilities were clean. We liked it here. Allthough it's simple, the staff is very helpfull and friendly. The breakfast was good and the atmosphere relaxed. We think it was good value for money!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I arrived they picked my up at the airport in the middle of the night. I had no plans at all but in the next morning after a few minutes I had a really cheap and good tour. The free Kava ceremony at night is so much fun ad you meet a lot of people. The Stuff is really friendly and helpful they do everything to make you happy.They have a excellent Restaurant where you can get all you meals for a good price. One month after I left Fiji I booked a flight back to Fiji because I had such a amazing time in Bamboo.!! And i will go back there!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Came to fiji by myself expecting to do nothing but read and lay in the sun as I was on a strict budget. Staying at Bamboo changed all of that, as it made everything so affordable and instantly felt like a home away from home. Making friends was easy and the staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. Good food and cheap beer, plus the chance to learn about true fijian culture. Cheaper day trips than you could find at any other hotel: I went to the rock pools for a day and then spent another day at this truly beautiful beach where one of the staff (Rico) serenaded us on the guitar and we all took turns with the surf boards. Even if you don't partake in the day trips you'll never be bored at Bamboo. I spent my days wielding a machete to open coconuts, making coconut jewelry, grinding coconut, singing harmonies with the crazy talented locals, trying my hand at volleyball with the staff and other guests, getting lessons in the fiji language, and when all of that was too much just lounging in one of the many available hammocks. Free kava ceremonies every night made for relaxing & social evenings and helped me to sleep like a baby. I plan on taking some kava home with me, but without the 3-6 fijians playing chilled out music with the 4-part harmonies.... well it's just not going to be the same. All in all my two weeks have left me wanting more so I'm definitely sure I am coming back to fiji, and there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be spending another long stretch of time at Bamboo.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Super friendly and relaxed place. The nightly free kava sessions (usually accompanied with live music) are a good way to socialize and meet new people. The staff are great and really keen to help you get the most out of your time in Fiji. There are daily group activities and the staff provide excellent travel advice and support on how to travel up North and experience 'the real fiji'. Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Nadi, Definitely check it out!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Me and my friend arrived to Bamboo Backpackers in late January for a 1 night stay. I don't know whether it was a busy period or we were just out of luck but we had a pretty horrid experience.
Everything was fine at the beginning. We arrived at the airport, got picked up and dropped off at Bamboo no problem. The staff were friendly with their 'Bula's...all was good until we received the keys and directions to our room. When we walked in the bed sheets had stains on them, the floors were dirty and the beds rusty. We felt like we really overestimated what Bamboo really had on offer. We then reluctantly went downstairs to find out payment wasn't received and we'll have to pay in cash which we hadn't had time to exchange yet. All was not lost - we were directed across the road where we got some good exchange rates. Looking at the difference between Bamboo and the Aquarius (opposite across the road) was a MASSIVE difference. We asked reception at Aquarius whether they had any spare rooms because we literally felt dirty staying at Bamboo. They happily showed us a thoroughly clean room with a big shower and aircon. We were tempted to switch.
We crossed over the road back to Bamboo to complain about the dirty sheets and lack of aircon only for them to try to persuade us to 'upgrade' to their best room. They walked us up and the bedsheets had stains and the smell of sex on them all ruffled up and dirty. The aircon looked out-of-date and overall gross.
We decided to pay in full for the room - even though it cut into our budget - and pay the 120 FJ for the Aquarius. DID NOT REGRET ANY OF IT. So happy we chose to leave.
I'm sorry to leave such a bad review, but I have never been so appalled in my life. Service was great but everything else...no comment.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Idelle A
the_fiji_islander, Manager at Bamboo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Bula vinaka, thanks for the staff complements and our sincere apologies for the room experience. Our housekeeping team had a few issue in late Jan 2013, but we have had a good shake up since then and replaced those older sheets. The team understand that this is unacceptable and that improvement is necessary. Your feedback is much appreciated for us to learn and grow stronger. We solidly agree with your recommendation for Aquarius. It is a fantastic spot to stay for more upmarket guests with a few extra $$$. Bamboo is ideal for younger, more intrepid style budget travelers seeking a fun, friendly and atmospheric travel base in Fiji. Vinaka tale and happy travels. The Bamboo Crew.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Tropic of Capricorn
Nadi Bay Resort Hotel
Bounty Island Resort
Bounty Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Bounty Island

Been to Bamboo Hostel? Share your experiences!