“NO LOCATION NO LOCATION”

JetSet Accommodation
Ranked #8 of 21 Nadi B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“NO LOCATION NO LOCATION”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

First i must say i agree with uptonuponsevern 100%. Well we booked and stayed for 6 nights and for the most we were the ONLY guests we also had room 103, 2 tv channels and they are a waste of time still maybe some do not go on holiday to watch TV,the location is NOT the best want to go to town $10 taxi or jetset will take you in fact they will take you anyware for a price a plus for the location i guess,rooms clean,furniture new,hot water sometimes,friendly and helpfull most of the time,the breakfast is not as advertised my itinerary said Full English afraid not never seen pawpaw or banana on a Full English no breakfast room you eat in the very hot basement down a dodgy spiral staircase,The hotel is not finished the pictures are a bit misleading OK for a 1 night stopover and its cheap.

Room Tip: If you have alot of luggage ground floor as there is no lift,103 is a good number
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Clean, well located (15 min by Taxi from Airport; 3 min to the Beach and Restaurants) and well worth the money. Would stay again there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EmanuMel
Rockdale, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights on different dates during my travelling around many pacific islands, the return transfers to & from Nadi International Airport were good & only once did I have to call the manager asking where he was! & he apologised for being late. The room was OK being in 104 & 103 most of the time, my only negative comments on this accommodation was very little on offer within the JetSet, for instance the b/fast was at the back of the accommodation on the lower ground, b/fast being very basic & rushed & the sercurity staff cooking b/fast after a very long nightshift, [ I felt that b/fast should have been cooked by the manager & his wife & this would have given them a chance to interact with the guests and suggest local attractions for travellers or business people]...I only ever spoke to 2 other guests during my 6 nights, appeared this accommodation attracts very few guests with very little on offer, the staff lack communication skills & not once did any staff suggest or advice on any local tours or places of interest! During the night I couldn't sleep very well due to a very hard pillow & mattress, every sound throughout the hallway vibrated into the room, every voice or slammed door would wake me up! Coffee & Tea facilities in my room without any spoon! The TV was a waste of time with only one boring channel & a bad picture. No bathroom plugs either for the bathtub or the bathroom sink, the elderly couple who ran the business appeared to keep to themselves without any hotel experience or wishing to interact with their guests, you basically had to entertain yourself especially during the evening, on a few occasions I would take a 10 min's walk down to Smugglers Cove Resort for a drink & evening meal, the JetSet is off the main road into Nadi town & you either had to catch a taxi or a local bus that ran approx every hour. I never once seen anyone use the pool. on my 5th visit I had turned up around 04:45am at the front gate without a booking after a long drive from Suva & I couldn't get anyone's attention in the pouring rain, I then had to walk to Smugglers with my suitcase & personal belongings to ask them to call the JetSet staff to open the gate [ so much for security with paid security staff sleeping]....I wasn't very impressed & then the manager had the cheek to charge me for a early check-in......more like an early break-in! Overall I wouldn't stay at the JetSet again due to the lack of atmosphere & nothing suggested to the guests regarding tours etc, also I felt that when b/fast was over the staff couldn't really care about you & they were only interested in you if you were willing to pay! this also happened during one of my planed transfers to the airport, the manager wanted to charge me FJD$10- & I could see he didn't want to take me & I got the massage & arranged my own taxi which cost approx FJD $10-...... looks very impressive through the website & if only it had more to offer like some PR skills & local suggestions for tourists or the occassional entertainment, I'm glad I had booked my stay through Expedia & paid a discounted rate for the room, otherwise I don't feel I'd be happy paying a higher rate to stay here! The JetSet Accommodation is very close to the airport runway & only a few planes to hear without any annoyance!

Room Tip: Pay 4 one night before deciding 2 stay longer!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen N
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Jetset is a great little place - very close to the airport in Nadi. It's actually right beside the runway, but there are not many flights so it won't bother you at all. Only a few steps away from the beach and a few places to eat (Smugglers, Bamboo). Rooms are simple, but clean and tidy and beach towels are given out on request. The best thing about it though is the owner Farid who is a real gentleman and will help you out with everything you need. From his friendly aiport pickup to lots of advice and general willingness to make your stay pleasant - Farid is definitely someone to look after you in your first days in Fiji.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LM14
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The owner of this hotel was so friendly and accommodating, and the room service was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, it's cheap, very clean, has great furniture (really comfy beds!), and best of all has amazing staff and owner. Also, there's a nice restaurant right beside it with a great selection of food. I was extremely impressed by this hotel, and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Nadi!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Currumbin, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2011

If you are looking for a cheaper place to stay on a late arrival or late departure flight to/fro Fiji, this the place to stay. Very cheap, clean, quiet and comfortable, especially when you just want to have a wee siesta after a long haul flight to Fiji. This hotel is accessible by Rental Car or Taxi 24hrs from Nadi International Airport. I prefer to have a Rental car as it can be very difficult to flag a Taxi outside the hotel. Again, having a Rental Car makes life a little bit easier when you decide to make a quick exit for dinner to Restaurants or night out to some of the well known hotels in Nadi.

I stayed in a Dbl Room located on the 1st level of the building that has a balcony with a fantastic ocean and mountain view. Just a little bit more ($) than their garden view rooms. The room is very modern, very clean, spacious and has air condition to cool you down from the tropical heat of the South Pacific. It also has coffee making facility and a bar fridge. The only draw back is that they don't service the room daily unless you advice them at reception.

There is a restaurant in the place which is not really what I would refer to as restaurant because its still under construction. They serve continental breakfast which is included with your room rate. Make sure you let the receptionist know the night before that you want breakfast. Breakfast includes; tropical fruits, eggs (cook to your liking), toasts and tea/coffee. Not a flash breakfast but something to fill your tank to kick start and boost your energy level for the day.

There is a swimming pool but I would tell you more about it cause it was raining when I was there.. Overall, its a fantastic place to stay, good for flash-packer couple, cheap and clean. I will definitely stay there again.....!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank melsivo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed here on our first night in Nadi. Had found this place on Expedia and paid for it the night before, so the staff were a bit confused when we showed up as I hadn't had a chance to print off the booking, but were very quick to show us to a room and sort out the paperwork a bit later. The place could benefit from some signage - had no idea where to go for our breakfast or how to get to the pool! Staff very friendly and helpful and even got their son to drop us in Nadi when we missed their morning shuttle to Port Denerau marina. Room was bigger than expected and clean. Breakfast was a bit strange, but it was free! No restaurant so we wandered across to the next block of backpackers/hotels across the road and found one by the beach.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Tropic of Capricorn
Nadi Bay Resort Hotel
Bamboo Hostel
Bamboo Hostel
#1 of 28 in Nadi

Been to JetSet Accommodation? Share your experiences!