“FANTASTIC CRUISE”

PJ's Sailing Adventures
Ranked #2 of 43 Tours in Nadi
More attraction details
Owner description: Step aboard PJ Sailing Adventures for a day to remember. This boutique style sailing is for those travellers looking for a fun day, enjoying a beautiful Island for 4 hours, being taken on a guided snorkel, lots of activities or just enjoying being on an Island for the day, then this cruise is for you. We offer a more private setting, low guest numbers max 30 along with 6 crew who will entertain you the whole day. We depart from Port Denarau sailing to Paradise, sailing to Beautiful Bounty Island. Just over one hour sailing time. Our snorkeling masters will help you find Nemo, Dory and many more fish. This is a great spot for beginners and children. Lunch is served on Bounty Island, a beautiful Island surrounded by a Marine Sanctuary crystal clear blue water , great for snorkelling off the beach, swimming or just relaxing. We have lots of cultural activities planed for you on the Island along with feeding the Islands own Hawksbill baby turtles, that were born on the Island. Happy hour on the Island is from 12 to 1, with a draught beer only $4.50. On the return sail home our entertainers, the crazy crew will have you singing and dancing. Transfers, lunch on the Island, soft drinks, water ,tea, coffee, snacks and fruit platter , while on board are all provided.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC CRUISE”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Having been to Fiji twice and done quite a few cruises we weren't too sure what to expect. Whilst the boat isnt big nor new the crew on board and the experience we had was fantastic. With Plantation Island being relatively closer to the port than most other island you get a lot of spare time on the island to do whatever you please.
The crew looked after us brilliantly and they took special attention to our three young boys who were feeling a little under the weather. Special mention goes out to Richard in particular who walked almost one km from the lunch area to the jetty area just to see if he could bring me my lunch whilst I was looking after one the boys and for his impromtu coconut tree climbing demonstration to provide us with fresh coconuts. Special mention goes out to the crew member who leads the scuba diving (apologies forgot his name) for the fun and games on the way back to port too.
PS: thanks to Sue (the operator of this cruise) for offering to book a taxi back to our hotel to get us out of the heat asap. Much appreciated.

Visited January 2014

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing day of sailing and snorkelling”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

While on a family holiday in Fiji, we decided to do a day trip of snorkelling. We were recommended to P J's by a friend who had recently been to Fiji & done this trip!

We had the most incredible day. From the moment we boarded the boat until we left again in the late afternoon. The crew were just so warm & friendly, they went out of their way to make you feel very welcome!

We sailed out to a reef just off Mololo Island & snorkelled for around an hour, the water was amazing & just crystal clear & there was a lot of beautiful fish & coral. Words just can't explain how gorgeous it was. The crew were in the water with us making sure that we saw everything.

We then sailed over to Plantation Resort on Mololo island & had a lovely bbq lunch. We then had a couple of hours on the island to swim, snorkel or do whatever you liked. The boat then came back to the island & collected us. We then started the trip back to the port. The crew then got out guitars & were singing, we all joined in. We had a lot of fun on the return journey, the crew were all an absolute hoot.

I would higly recommend this trip, it was without a doubt the highlight of our families holiday. I would not hesitate to do this trip again!!!

Brisbane, Australia
“Highlight of our holiday”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I can't speak highly enough of this tour. From the moment we got on board we were treated as if we were one of the crew. We anchored up off Malolo is on a reef. After jumping off the side of the boat, tagged along behind a member of the crew who pointed out many fish, seahorse and stingrays. He took a friends underwater camera down quite deep and took a photo of a stingray in a small cave - these guys can hold their breath for minutes! After a snorkel, you are taken to a nearby island for lunch - food was great, the walk however is quite a way but I do believe they are putting in a new jetty so that passengers don't have to walk so far. After jumping off a pontoon and swim we were back on board for the journey home. We were hoping for some wind, enough to put the sails up but unfortunately Mother Nature didn't agree. All was not lost, the crew got out their guitars and once they found out my husband played, they encouraged him to join in. We had such a great sing-a-long on the way back, it went too quick - we could have spent all afternoon on board. The crew also looked after the kids, face painting and hands on teaching them to make birds and boats out of palm frongs. My daughter still tells everyone about it. We would definitely recommend this tour - it's so much nicer than the large tours - your not just a number and they remember your name. Thanks Tequila and Sue for our experience.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great day out for all groups!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Overall a great trip, definitely one to do whilst in Fiji. A couple of points;
1. Staff were excellent, very friendly, chatty and sociable with all passengers
2. Small number of guests on board, goes up to 30 passengers however if boat was full, likely to be a little cramped.
3. Staff serenaded with guitars and singing throughout several points of the day which really made the trip
4. The guided snorkelling was great fun! (Make sure you take a 'noodle' flotation when offered as it is quite a while swimming without) opportunities to see stingrays and starfish etc and LOTS of fish and able to take underwater camera (the guide more than happy to take photos for you!)
5. Complimentary juice/water/fruit platters/cakes and pastries available throughout the day
6. Lunch at plantation island was nice, however only stopped for an hour and half so could have done with a little longer to look around/relax
Generally a great day, family of 2 adults and 3 students all enjoyed it!

Grimsby, ON
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Theft”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The trip itself is quite enjoyable, the crew sings and plays guitar and refreshments are offered throughout the journey. The problem is that they steal your money and search your belongings while you're snorkelling! We lost $600FJ as part of " we'll take care of your bags" statement. When you're on a budget travelling with kids this is quite upsetting. We contacted The office and told them the problem and asked Sue to call us back. We're still waiting for her call or expression of concern regarding the theft taking place on the boat!!
The bathroom facilities and below deck are beyond gross and disgusting so avoid using them and stay abovedeck.

2 Thank Carmen D
AussieDools, Owner at PJ's Sailing Adventures, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Well Carmen, All the staff in the office that day said I should have sent you and your family back to your resort, and I only wished I had listened to them. I will now inform everyone how you treated my staff and myself prior to boarding.. You were making such a fuss that I was called and informed we had a difficult guest. I was on the PJ checking both the toilet and kitchen, which I do every morning, the kitchen is out dated and in need of maintainance and the toilet is only 10 months old, both are definitely not how you described them. You only wanted to pay $100.00 each when the price is $175.00, I informed you I cannot discount and you went on to say that I quoted you one hundred dollars over the phone, which I did not. You then said you must have seen it on the Internet, which I then arranged my staff to show you the price on the Internet, while this was being done I suggested you take the taxi back to your Resort, the Anchorage which is approx a $120.00 return taxi ride, which I had already paid for. Once we showed you this info any after my suggestion, you suddenly remembered the correct price ( good try ),but still insisting I give you a discount, which I finally relented and gave you $10.00 per person off the price, which you paid for by credit card.

You sailed with us on the 21st December, and 3 days later on the 24th December a staff member not belonging to me, from our check in /, departure lounge informed me that a lady rushed in asking to pass this onto Sue, I was handed me a small piece of white paper (I have included a picture), which was hardly readable. The most read-able part was Anchorage, I knew it was you because you are the only guests we have had from the Anchorage Resort for over one month. I rang the Resort several times that day only to be told no is in the room. You made this booking while you were still in Canada, rang me again when you arrived in Fiji to confirm as discussed on the phone, so you obviously knew how to make contact with me, but such an important and upsetting issue , as quoted by you, you hand a stranger a small almost unreadable piece of paper, not knowing if I ever received this information, not even a letter of complaint in an envelope addressed to me. Lastly it is very unfair of you that I have to come to learn about this on TripAdvisor when you know my phone no.