“6 hours was plenty”

Trans International Hotel
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Air Pacific put me up here after my flight from Sydey was 4 hours late and I missed my connection to Suva.
Avoid this place. Terrible.
From the rattly trolley they persist in using over the rough surface past all the downstairs rooms at all hours to move bags, to the overpriced tasteless food (paid for by Air Pacific) this place was just awful.
The shower floor was stained, the rack had fallen off the wall, and the tiles were super shiney so incredibly slippery.
It did have good water pressure and is just across the road from the airport. Nothing else's going for it.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Taezar
There are newer reviews for Trans International Hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were put in this hotel overnight by Air Pacific at their cost due to a scheduling change. The hotel is virtually across the road from the airport and is a walkable distance. The rooms are simple but clean. The hotel is a small three story walk up. There is a small restaurant and a bar. Food was good. Service was friendly and welcoming. Perfect for an overnight transit or if you are looking for an inexpensive day transit location to rest and clean up.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

this is a gr8 hotel if you need to stay in nadi overnight...very clean comfy,friendly..with a lovely bar and restaurant...would highly recommend

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I only got to stay at this hotel, due to a flight cancellation. I have driven past it quite a few times when travelling to and from Nadi airport, it is only a 5 minute walk to the airport entrance, perhaps 15 to the terminal!
Staff are quite freindly and helpful. It is a small hotel, 3 levels, a nice pool and BBQ area. The rooms are quite good in size, big bathroom and large shower with plenty of hot water! Two beds in my room (3rd floor, to which I had to make my own way carrying all my luggage). The beds are large but very basic, hard base with a foam type mattress. Not good if you are intending to stay a long time but OK for one night.
I had three meals here, dinner was very nice, calamari entree, very tatsy but small pieces and not many of them, then, excellent lamp chop, but, quite small with very little else other than a large mound of nice mashed potato. I am not a big eater but I could have gone double what was provided.
Breakfast was an adequate buffet, fresh fruit, selection of breads and 5-6 Bain maries with a variety of items. A typical Pacific Hotel breakfast (Awful coffee also typical pacific Hotel)
"Lunch" on a Sunday was a BBQ at the poolside. Cooked by 2 decrepit looking dirty blokes almost Laurel and Hardyesque! "Laurel" was the handling the eggs and bacon for the mixed grill, "Hardy" was doing the sausages and chops. It was gross! Dripping in dirty cooking oil and fat, the sausages were almost raw, the chops were paper thin and mostly fat, the "Selection of Drinks" was tap water or a "fruit" drink was so bright orange in colour it made you wince!
So steer clear of the BBQ lunch if possible, other than that not too bad for a transit!
There is a bar with a good range of drinks, pool table and Satelliet TV. I was able to watch the Australian Rules Grand final and enjoyed it very much.
Internet, is $10FJD per 24 hours, a very good price. All you need is a cable to connect from the laptop to the back of the in room telephone. The staff told me in future bring your own cable and you can have the net for free. It is just one of those blue telecom type cables. I don't know if they mean I should not tell anyone and "pinch" the time on the net, or if it is free if you have a cable. But at that price if I had to stay here again i do not mind paying. In saying that, there are som many good hotels within 5 minutes drive of here, I would never CHOOSE to stay here. :)

Room Tip: See if you can get 3rd floor facing out over the paddocks to the right of the hotel. It is quite a g...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had originally booked and paid for 1 night stay at Novotel, and ended up here because they didn't understand the concept of holding onto a confirmed booking. After arriving at the "Trans" in the evening and climbing 3 flights of stairs to our room, we felt like we were in a dingy motel. This was not a good way to end an enjoyable stay in Fiji. The bed was absolutely rock hard. I think it would have been more comfortable to sleep on a piece of cardboard on the floor. Not kidding. The towels had stains all over them. When I used the shower over the ridiculous spa, water puddled on the floor saturating the bath mat and felt really unsafe to get out of. Whatever you do, don't chose this place deliberately if you have standards.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ParadisePreachers
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is my second stay at the "Trans". Last year its no fuss and understated efficiency was a welcome alternative to the more touristy/resort types of place that are on offer near the airport. A real highlight was the quality of the dining room.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for this year's visit. While the staff are just as cheerful, and the general level of cleanliness has been maintained, there are clear signs of a drop in overall standards. On arrival my room was missing a plug for the sink, a bedside lamp, an adaptor for the alarm clock, and the promised safe. While all of these were rectified swiftly and cheerfully were fixed promptly (although the benefit of a small safe that is not anchored to anything escapes me), the issues should have been seen during the preparation of the room. My first meal in the dining room included lamb seek kebab - and every piece on the skewer had a bone. While this was no doubt a clever piece of weaving, it wasn't really what was expected. The meal the next night was little better. So, the Trans has gone from perfectly adequate in my estimation to slightly below par. The categories in the rating scale don't quite do justice to my issues.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MickB53
Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was one of the most awful places I've stayed in. The bed was dreadfully uncomfortable, the room dated and the service poor.

We were greeted with a welcome drink -which was a nice touch until we realised it was cordial type fruit drink not juice!

To make matters worse when we were going to shower in the morning we realised we had NO towels. We rang reception and asked for towels, after waiting around 45 minutes and receiving no towels we phoned again - we waited another 15 minutes before finally one towel arrived - not much use when there was two of us.

To sum up.. old, tired, no towels - certainly not somewhere I will return to.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple