“Basic 1 nite stay”

Tauranga
“Basic 1 nite stay”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Travellers Beach Resort Fiji
Well this booking was a little scary in that we have never stayed at a budget accommodation overseas before & they didn’t want a deposit so was concerned about just turning up at night with nowhere to sleep.
I needn’t have worried. The Traveller’s Beach Resort offered transfers from the airport but this was actually just grab a taxi when you are ready and get taken directly to their resort where they pay the taxi fare. This was soo much more convenient as we were one of the last to get off the plane then had duty free shopping to do & currency to change. We weren’t rushed to catch a transfer with a dozen others & the taxi driver gave us heaps of helpful info.
The beachfront room was lovely & cool & had everything we needed for our night’s rest before travelling down to the coral coast. The room was looking a bit tired but the bed and pillows were comfy & I’m fussy about that sort of thing. We were offered a meal even tho it was after 9pm. We sat at the beachfront dining area enjoying the vista, a cool drink and a delicious curry. There were a few patrons lingering at the bar not far from our room but soon moved on & we had a peaceful night’s sleep.
The next day the manager organised a rental car for us much cheaper than I could find on line and arranged for us to be collected while we sat back and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. All this for FJ $100.
Wouldn't want to stay there as a main holiday destination unless you love backpaers style but certainly filled our requirements.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
the_fiji_islander, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Bula Vinaka. We appreciate your feedback. As of July 2013, Travellers Beach Resort is under new management and we will be making a few upgrades and improvements in the coming weeks. We will use these past comments to create and develop a new level of quality standards at the resort. Our goal is to create a fun-loving, friendly, down to earth, happy go lucky budget island resort experience. We warmly welcome backpackers and budget travellers to come and try our unique island-style hospitality and enjoy a taste of our beautiful Fiji. Cheers from the new Travellers Beach Tribe :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Recently travelled to Fiji and this was my first stop with three friends. Greeted by the management that were more than warm and welcoming we were taken to our "two bedroom" apartment. Once we got there we were surprised to find the two bedroom consisted of a double in the kitchen area and two singles in the lounge area. The kitchen had nothing at all. No cups,plates,cutlery,toaster,kettle or even tea making facilities. We had to turn on the tiny fridge that took two hours to cool. The rooms were very very old and the small bathroom/toilet was just off the lounge/second bedroom so you had to be extra quiet while using it. Even though the room location was fantastic if the upgrades were to be done it would be such a fun,entertaining place to stay. The food was great and very reasonably priced and the small pool and beach area was great..although could do with daily clean up. The convenience of been able to travel into resorts located close by was great for entertainment which is another thing travelers could really benefit from, perhaps live band nightly or at least some form of entertainment few nights a week. Not one to complain as I have been to Fiji many times but if they were to do just a few upgrades such as re-furnish the rooms and have few more necessities in the rooms which you generally would get in small budget resorts and some good entertainment this place would be a five :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeckyConnelly
Viti Levu, Fiji
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here a few times in 2012. Nice staff, rooms were abit grotty, but big, a/c didnt work quite as well. Beach parties were fun and sunsets were amazing....cheap and cheerful and recommended if overnighting

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Local Tourist T
London, UK
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent 2 months working in Fiji last year and we came across travellers. My friends and I spent almost every night there after that because it was such a good place to hang out - right on the beach, cheap drinks, cheap good food and easy to get to. They let us organise a barbecue there and even a traditional Fijian lovo dinner. Eddie, Gina, Bunty, Sylvia, Kara, Mary and David made us all feel like family.

I recently went back there on my 2nd trip to Fiji and after nearly 10 months they all remembered me and still made me feel welcome.

These guys will really look after you and it is such a great place to hang out. Thank you everyone for making my last trip so amazing and for still being awesome 2nd time around.

See you again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'd like to give it 3.5 stars - this place is really friendly, homey, and a pretty good location/price too. Honestly, I'd give it 5 stars for the food alone. Whoever the chef is there did this Kokonda thing I had at lunch - oh my god was it good. I ate every meal here during my day layover and wasn't disappointed once. Location is pretty good, closeish to the airport and Nadi town, they're right on the beach and they've got a really nice lounge/bar area out the back. Room was BIG and pretty clean. Bed is reasonably comfortable.

Where I'm a little disappointed is in the quality of the room. Yes, it's $70 FJD a night ($35USD), so I guess I should expect motel quality - and I get that - but it's missing some key things. (I stayed in a double room) No in room TV isn't a major knock - why stay in? - but its still pretty standard, especially if there's bad weather. AC unit is OK - it cools the room but it's small and the room, which is a good size, needs something bigger. Shower runs hot and is generally OK. Some of the pillows were a bit lumpy and there's just touches of paint or maintenance needed here and there. The staff also need some education as to how to sell the area. What to see, what to do, if I've got one day, I really don't want to be figuring too many things out for myself.

Still - you honestly could do a LOT worse than staying here. And again, the FOOD IS GOOD.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Catterick, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here during my short stay in Fiji the hostel was really clean and the staff was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and friendly it felt like home from home. One of the people at the reception, always cheered everyone with with a smile and Bula every morning and helped me find some good bargains with the island hopping as Awesome Adventure was above my budget!

The rooms Dorm are quite spacious and the decor is basic and clean, which adds to the relaxing atmosphere. The hostels is also very well located and has a 24 hour reception so I felt really safe.

Is not a very noisy or party oriented hostel, although there is always a plan or someone to hangout with (just not crazy parties at the hostel, at least while I was there!).
I did see an amazing Fire, Knife, and trad dancin, even Elvis popped in for a quick sing song, which was great,

This hostel is right on the beach which was great, easy excess to the island via a local speed boat, they arranged my tours, taxis all at cheap prices!
Had a pool in front and you can buy your meals from a great menu, for all taste!
I can highly recommend travellers for the bugdet traveller.

Room Tip: There is two front beach rooms, but i stayed at the back in the dorm, large very clean. loved it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place is amazing! I got a fantastic welcome I stayed here my first three nights in Fiji and I was very impressed! For a backpacker (hostel), your dollar goes a long way ! I loved every minute! IThe nicest thing about staying there is that you don't need to go anywhere or spend much money to have a full range of experiences- go for a swim, eat great food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, enjoy fantastic tropical cocktails, lounge in hammocks, even horse rides on the beach , and a tattoo guy on site....etc.
Rooms are very clean, compare to some place ive stayed in OZ which cost me more!
Budget dorms start from $12 FJD
I never had to go to the Denerau for my island hopping, really helpfull staff got me discounted prices on this I saved a packet, book at the tour desk inside, used local boats, not the tourist ones! Staff at this place rock , will miss you guys made me feel safe as a solo female traveller. Cant thank you enough :)

Room Tip: Dorm stay on the top floor brillant view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bounty Island
Tropic of Capricorn
Tropic of Capricorn
#4 of 26 in Nadi

Been to Travellers Beach Resort? Share your experiences!