Grand Melanesian Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Bluewater Lodge(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$31
$72
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
$31
$30
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After missing my flight in Nadi, I had to overnight there. It was recommended by an airport employee to stay here, at the Grand Melanesian Hotel. I checked in and was satisfied as to what I paid for the room. In the middle of the night the window screen came off and a man was breaking into the room, but was scared off when I woke up. After that I requested and got another room. In the morning I requested compensation for not being protected in the night, and they offered my a 10 percent discount, then finally 20 percent. I feel that the room should have been comped. Plus, I noticed that several windows in the other rooms did not have proper locking capability.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Mahendra N, Manager at Grand Melanesian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Bula, thank you for your comments on my staff and must apologise for the misfortunate incident on your stay with us. Just recently the Hotel has changed ownership so upgrading works in the rooms and grounds is taking place which will include the replacing of the outside windows to make them more secure for the guest comfort. We do take seriously the safety and security of our guests and have since increased the presence of on-site security guards. We do hope that one day you will visit us again and see for yourself the changes that are taking place. / Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

As I travel alone I never made any hotel booking before arriving. I came across this hotel by a recommendation from the Nadi airport taxi driver who drove me here. I was meet by very friendly staff who gave me a Deluxe room for only F$70.00 per night. The room was clean and included a double bed, single bed, shower and toilet, air conditioning, fridge and tea and coffee. It is not five star but I do not use five star anyway, but was very comfortable. I spent most of my stay here as it is very close to the shops and banks and only 3 minutes from the airport. I did a lot of day trips and spent my nights at the Melanesian where they have a bar and a restaurant. I meet a lot of people from other pacific islands who were also staying at the hotel so it was great to talk to them and share a drink. Over all it is great little place to stay. I come to Fiji often so I will defiantly come back to the Melanesian.

Room Tip: If you have a deluxe room, request one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank rodneyW984
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I walked into the Grand melanesian without a booking after getting off an afternoon flight from Taveuni. The afternoon shift Security and Front Office staff were so nice and very helpful. I stayed in a fan room @ $65 which was nice, clean and affordable. I would say its the best Location, just near the Airport, near Namaka easy access to Supermarkets, they also have good internet. I would recommend this place for those waiting to fly out of the country. Keep up the good work and oh they make nice poached eggs on toast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AT2013297562
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked this hotel the day Cyclone Evan was on it's way! We were evacuated from the islands and all other hotels were booked. We happened to get this hotel F$70 which was a total bargain.

Our room faced the main road, it was big, clean and cool. We had a double bed and a single, bath, shower, air con and ceiling fan. Everything you need.

As two young girls travelling from England we were scared about the efects the cyclone may have on Fiji...and the hotel. The manager said he would look after us (after I asked in humour) which was nice. There is always security on which is good. During the cyclone the power was off but the staff came around with candles for the rooms. The young guy who was part of security was so lovely! He seemed to work long hours but always made us welcome and he looked after us during our stay. I'm not sure of his name. We were 100% happy with the hotel.

The area is great, near the airport and close to some food stores. We got around easily enough using the little mini buses you pull over and pay a dollar.

Any way, thank you for making our stay a memorable one...especially during the Cyclone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jinglish10
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Due to an Air Pacific delay out of Nadi, we were put into this hotel and were shocked that an airline would partner up with a hotel like this. The price may be good, but the conditions were worse than that of a backpackers' lodge at its worst.

We were in a double room which cost 110 Fijian dollars. The bed had hairs and what looked like period stains. The bathroom was quite dirty and there was garbage on the floor. There was no basic ammenity, i.e., soap, and bugs everywhere. We actually spent the whole time in the reception area/common room. There was no tv, no phone.

Even though it is close to the airport, I would recommend alternate accommodation. The only good thing was that the staff were quite friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012