Stayed here for 1 night before heading out to the islands and that was enough for me. The place is fine, just not somewhere you would want to spend too much of your holiday time.
The dorm rooms are ok, the bathrooms and decidedly average, the breakfast was tea or instant coffee and white bread toast with jam. I can't remember how much we paid (we book a night there at the airport) but apparently it's cheaper if you just arrive there.
if you do stay here, or any other place in Nadi beach area, I would recommend getting a taxi to town for dinner at Small Plates chinese restaurant, it was cheaper than eating at the hostels and much nicer, and it's only a $5 taxi ride in. You can also pop to the super market to stock up on water, alcohol, snacks and anything else that costs 5 times as mcuh once you're off the mainland - actually, buy your booze at the airport on arrival as it is considerably cheaper than Nadi town, and miles cheaper than the islands
Another potentially useful tip is to get the speed boat from the beach at Smuggler's to one of the Mamanuca islands before picking up singles on the Yasawa Flyer rather than buying a Bula Pass. We visited 5 or 6 islands in 2 weeks and it worked out a bit cheaper for us. Just check with the people at Smuggler's, they are very helpful and honest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beach at Nadi Bay, Smugglerscove Horizon Backpackers offers a restaurant and bar, plus a swimming pool with sun deck. Free 24-hour airport transfers are provided. Facilities at Smugglerscove Horizon Backpackers Nadi include a barbecue area, 24-hour reception and luggage storage. The tour desk can arrange scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing, kayaking and golf. Guests receive continental breakfast each morning. Accommodation options range from dormitory rooms with shared bathroom facilities to private rooms with en suite bathroom. Some have ocean views. Cove Cafe offers pizzas, Fijian and European dishes, vegetarian meals and regular barbecue nights. The bar offers live entertainment every night. The local bus picks up and drops off directly in front of Smugglerscove Horizon backpackers throughout the day. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Backpackers And Travel Centre
- Horizon Backpackers & Travel Centre Hotel Nadi
- Horizon Beach Resort Fiji/Nadi