“Awesome!!!”

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
shuswap
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

As many have said before me, Mike and Fiona are absolutely wonderful. The hostel/hotel is immaculate, the staff incredibly friendly, the fresh mangos over the top, and the dinners worthy of a five star restaurant!! We chose the Bluewater lodge based on the tripadvisor reviews so we really didn't know what to expect. Fortunately it was as good as everyone said it would be. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Mike arranged a cab for us to the airport but unfortunately they were late so instead of calling another cab, he offered to drive us to the airport himself. Thank you Mike!!

• Liked — Friendly owners and staff
  • Disliked — That we had to leave!
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alberta
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Don't hesitate to book with Mike and Fiona because this place rocks! Mike picked us up from the airport right on time and whisked us away in his SUV. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating and Fiona's meals blew me away! I'm talking high quality gourmet food as opposed to the barely palatable slop offered in other neighbouring hostels. Two friends and myself booked a room online in advance (hostel does not have many rooms so this is highly recommended) and found them to be clean and comfortable (I prefer harder mattresses but others may disagree about the comfort rating). Our room had A/C and sheets/towels were provided. Food/drink prices were very reasonable and I am now a fan of Fiji Gold Beer. We ended up making quite a few friends as the setting is much more personal due to the limited amount of guests that can stay. Unfortunately the weather did not match the level of comfort as it rained, showered and flooded much of Nadi. Apparently, Nadi hasn't seen so much rain in 40 years!!! It made for interesting swimming in their deck side pool which was very clean aside from the occasional floating avocado. Hopefully, if you're lucky, Johnny will be there with his guitar and serenade you during dinner. Talk about mad skills! Somebody get this guy a recording contract as he makes Jack Johnson sound like Weird Al Yankovic. Again, this is THE place to stay if you want quality, comfort and quiet for $26 a night! Thanks Mike and Fiona we will be staying with you again.

• Liked — Great price, clean, amazing food, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Problems with the plumbing (due to flooding, not the hostel's fault)
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Nebraska
Reviewed November 16, 2008

We stayed at Bluewater Lodge on the evening prior to our early morning airport departure. We wished we had more time to spend there because the hospitality was exceptional and the surroundings were delightful. What I wrote in my journal was: good bed, perfect pillows, quiet air conditioning, nice furnishings, willingness to help us make arrangements (we didn't have enough Fiji $ left), outstanding food, music and atmosphere.

If we ever travel to Fiji again, there is no question that we would stay at BlueWater Lodge and most likely extend our stay to longer than just the night before the plane departure.

The courtyard-poolside tables for dinner and breakfast are great and there is no question that dinner is gourmet quality. It was a lovely atmosphere in a poolside garden courtyard with nice lighting - and we really enjoyed our evening. It was incredible to have a "private" band that was willing to play music as long as we wanted to stay up. Our only regret was that we arrived late and had to get up early the next morning to leave.

• Liked — The atmosphere & poolside garden dining area.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NebraskaKaren
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2008

I recently stayed two nights at Bluewater lodge. One night in a private room and one night in a dormitory. The hostel is new, clean, modern and very homely. It's more like a homestay than a hostel.

Private room was spacious with nice new furnishings and airconditioning. Ensuite bathroom and toilet were also clean and spacious.

Female only dormitory was the best I came across. Only 3 beds in the room. The room was pretty and beds were comfortable. Our room had a large balcony overlooking the pool. There were clothing lines on the balcony which were very useful. Shared showers and a toilet were all clean and spacious.

Breakfast included in the rate was good. Fruit, toast with jam, a pot of tea or coffee were served in tables by the pool outdoor.

Dinners are also served by the pool outdoor. Two dinners I had at Bluewater Lodge were delicious and came in rather big serving size. Although there were only a few of us dining, an entertainment was provided. A Fijian guy sang and played the guitar.

It seemed like this place was popular with solo female travellers. It was easy to meet other people and mingle. Many people tend to go over to Smugglers Cove to party which is just around the corner from Bluewater Lodge. You can use internet and telephone there.

Bluewater Lodge is not on beachfront but it's only 2 minutes walk. Not a pretty beach in Fiji standard but it's good enough to walk around & watch the sunset.

I've absolutely loved staying at Bluewater Lodge and I highly recommend to anyone who's needing a quality accomodation in Nadi.

• Liked — Cleaniness
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Surrey, UK
Reviewed October 18, 2008

We were picked up from the airport as agreed.
The owners are really friendly and couldn't have been more helpful.
Rooms were spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was included in the price which was served on the patio.
The evening meals are excellent both in value and content.
This place isn't really a hostel it's more of a small hotel.

• Liked — Owners
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Wollongong NSW Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2008

What a great little place the Bluewater is. Picked up at Nadi airport by Michael, 10 mins via an atm to get necessary cash. Only 5 rooms, great pool and the food was truly gourmet.
Very keenly priced, and the staff are really warm and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. Check out was flexible. There is not a lot to do around here or in Nadi, but you can walk around the town, check out the new mosque, have a look at some sari shops, where we found some wonderful cheap jewellery.
Went to a restaurant on our first night called Saffrons, probably very expensive by fiji standards but amazing food and service and still much cheaper than home.
A cab fare is worth $10FJ but beware - on our brief return trip to the airport, the cabbie wanted $10 each for four of us.... Gave him $20 - only because our bags were in the back and I thought he might take off. Just ask before you get in, it's only worth $10.
You will find Bluewater a great place to stay.

• Liked — comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank viviannev
Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this cozy get-away. Mike picked me up from the airport and Fiona cooked the best dinners I had during my two weeks in Fiji! Great stir fry with lots of fresh veggies, wonderful lamb dishes - all served poolside. This small hotel is the clean, quiet, charming alternative to the other noisy hostel hotels in Nadi. It is also a great place to stay over on your way to another island, like I did before my trip to Taviuni. Very relaxing, well appointed, air-conditioned rooms as well. Mike and Fiona own this lovely hotel and are the nicest people, as are all their lovely and warm Fijian staff.

A note about Fiji: THE nicest, warmest people I have ever met in my all my travels. Just go and explore. Fiji is a great value and welcomes tourists in the warmest way.

My only regret is that Bluewater is likely to be fully booked the next time I reserve as it is the best little hotel in the area by far and a great value as well!

June, 2008
Clay Swidler
Seattle, WA.
USA

• Liked — Location, Safety, clean, great food, friendly staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo